The "Don't" of Travel :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2015, 03:37 AM
RE: The "Don't" of Travel :)
(09-12-2015 03:13 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Greece, Russia, Middle East it is the middle Finger, or meaning that you want to stick it up their ass.

Laugh out load Eish.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
09-12-2015, 04:18 AM
(09-12-2015 01:59 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  3. Never EVER try to talk to someone on the street that is not behind a counter or trying to sell you something...EVER! In the United States of America, we are the only country in the world where strangers ( especially ) Foreigners ever even think about considering talking to someone they don't already know in any kind of a friendly manner what so ever. Running up to someone and smiling and trying to start up a conversation with a stranger is one of the reasons they think we are overly friendly. TOO Friendly to be precise. So, don't ever talk to anyone not in service to you or trying to sell you something. Just don't.
Where have you been traveling to? This is not true for Europe as far as my experience goes , I always talk to people and I never had a negative reaction.
If you ever come to Serbia, DO talk to people, you will find that people are more than willing to talk to you, they will even go out of their way to give you directions or to help you.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
09-12-2015, 04:46 AM
(09-12-2015 04:18 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 01:59 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  3. Never EVER try to talk to someone on the street that is not behind a counter or trying to sell you something...EVER! In the United States of America, we are the only country in the world where strangers ( especially ) Foreigners ever even think about considering talking to someone they don't already know in any kind of a friendly manner what so ever. Running up to someone and smiling and trying to start up a conversation with a stranger is one of the reasons they think we are overly friendly. TOO Friendly to be precise. So, don't ever talk to anyone not in service to you or trying to sell you something. Just don't.
Where have you been traveling to? This is not true for Europe as far as my experience goes , I always talk to people and I never had a negative reaction.
If you ever come to Serbia, DO talk to people, you will find that people are more than willing to talk to you, they will even go out of their way to give you directions or to help you.

Same here. African people are friendly Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
09-12-2015, 04:58 AM
Always have clean underpants and socks handy.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-12-2015, 06:44 AM
(09-12-2015 04:18 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  

That's correct, there is some street hustle, but you able to point those out quickly. But people in general are very friendly. Slowminded I didn't know you are from Serbia Smile I speak your language, not very good at it but, I'm in the process if learning.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like izel's post
09-12-2015, 07:17 AM
(09-12-2015 06:44 AM)izel Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 04:18 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Where have you been traveling to? This is not true for Europe as far as my experience goes , I always talk to people and I never had a negative reaction.

That's correct, there is some street hustle, but you able to point those out quickly. But people in general are very friendly. Slowminded I didn't know you are from Serbia Smile I speak your language, not very good at it but, I'm in the process if learning.

Hey, that`s really nice. If you need any help with the language let me know.
You probably see a lot of Serbian tourists in your line of work in Turkey right? Hope that my countrymen don`t give you too much trouble Big Grin .
I also come from the south of Serbia originally where a lot of words used originate from the Turkish language.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
09-12-2015, 07:22 AM
(09-12-2015 07:17 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 06:44 AM)izel Wrote:  That's correct, there is some street hustle, but you able to point those out quickly. But people in general are very friendly. Slowminded I didn't know you are from Serbia Smile I speak your language, not very good at it but, I'm in the process if learning.

Hey, that`s really nice. If you need any help with the language let me know.
You probably see a lot of Serbian tourists in your line of work in Turkey right? Hope that my countrymen don`t give you too much trouble Big Grin .
I also come from the south of Serbia originally where a lot of words used originate from the Turkish language.

We get a lot of Slavs here, most don't speak any foreign language. Ja sum naucilo dobro. Mozam da zboruvam, ali ne mogu da spisam dobro Laugh out load

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
09-12-2015, 07:48 AM
(09-12-2015 07:22 AM)izel Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 07:17 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Hey, that`s really nice. If you need any help with the language let me know.

We get a lot of Slavs here, most don't speak any foreign language. Ja sum naucilo dobro. Mozam da zboruvam, ali ne mogu da spisam dobro Laugh out load
That`s very good , a bit of Macedonian there too Big Grin

"Ja sam naucila dobro ( that "la" is because you are a female , if male it would be "naucio , Serbian grammar is hard ) , "Mozam da zboruvam" is Macedonian , in Serbia proper would be "mogu da govorim" , but Serbians will understand "Mozam da zboruvam" no problem. And in the end "ali ne mogu da pisem dobro".
Smile

09-12-2015, 08:03 AM
(09-12-2015 07:48 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 07:22 AM)izel Wrote:  We get a lot of Slavs here, most don't speak any foreign language. Ja sum naucilo dobro. Mozam da zboruvam, ali ne mogu da spisam dobro Laugh out load
That`s very good , a bit of Macedonian there too Big Grin

"Ja sam naucila dobro ( that "la" is because you are a female , if male it would be "naucio , Serbian grammar is hard ) , "Mozam da zboruvam" is Macedonian , in Serbia proper would be "mogu da govorim" , but Serbians will understand "Mozam da zboruvam" no problem. And in the end "ali ne mogu da pisem dobro".
Smile

There isn't many sources here to teach the Slavic language. I could only tell the difference between the Bulgarian and the former Yugo countries, other than that I don't know what's Serbian, Bosnian, Macedonian Croatian hahaha. I have learned from people that come here and internet, but I communicate just fine with whatever I got Laugh out load

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
09-12-2015, 08:15 AM
My brigade has a training alliance with Macedonia (or FYROM, or whatever word one wants to use that means the same thing and isn't offensive Tongue). We always have a few of their soldiers with us when we do extended training, and they sometimes give us opportunities to go there to train. So I've recently taken an interest in the language, as noted in another recent thread. As a 'murican who likes to believe I'm at least somewhat more geographically and culturally knowledgeable than my average peer, I was pretty surprised when I started learning about all the various controversies in the area. It never would have occurred to me that I could start fights just by saying the word Macedonia.

'Murican Canadian