The Downfall of Human Language

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2012, 03:43 PM
The Downfall of Human Language
If you look at our languages, they are horribly inefficient. Taking English for example, we can only speak at most a few hundred words a minute, can only read a bit faster, and often misunderstand language constructs. We have accents that make understanding the words difficult at times. Some words have multiple meanings, and some meanings have multiple words. Spelling mistakes are very common, and so are grammatical mistakes. It's all a big, slow, cumbersome, overcomplicated mess.

And so I eventually see a replacement for our primitive human languages. It will definitely be quite a bit of time from the present, but eventually, English, Mandarin, French, Arabic, etc. will all be replaced by some more efficient form of communication. This may happen after we start making huge leaps in neuroscience, after we abandon many of the existing properties of our primitive mammalian brains.

Neuroscience will make great advances in the future, and language could very well be one of them. I don't know the nature of our future communication mediums, but it will be interesting.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned" - Anonymous
I am glad to live where there is no God, for I am moral, and mortal; I do not wish to worship He who crafts an immoral immortality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The Downfall of Human Language - nsguy1350 - 24-08-2012 03:43 PM