The ''Dreamers'' fate in the balance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2017, 08:46 AM
RE: The ''Dreamers'' fate in the balance
Take whatever the empathetic and moral thing to do would be, and do the exact opposite. That's what Trump will do. He'll try to chuck out the kids and their parents and claim it as a win for his shitty immigration policy. There are no shades of grey here, he won't see the value of a more subtle political approach. He has no care for what's best for the kids or the country - he showed that with his Paris accords fiasco. Literally all he will think is "I'm a strong man, I am hardline on immigration. Fuck the kids".

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
02-09-2017, 09:47 AM
(02-09-2017 08:35 AM)BryanS Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 01:16 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I forgot that his life is important because he's rich and powerful. Sorry. Never mind the de facto death sentence he's hellbent on implementing on millions in sanctuary cities. I better get my values in check.

Just living in Mexico is a death sentence? I've visited Mexico, and came back alive to tell you about it. Thank goodness I made it out alive!

Getting dropped off and abandoned in a foreign country without any means to support yourself is a fucking death sentence. You went on a fucking vacation not deported by a piece of shit Idi Amin wannabe cunt. Take no money, go to Mexico City, try to survive there, and see how long you fucking last.
02-09-2017, 09:57 AM
(02-09-2017 09:47 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 08:35 AM)BryanS Wrote:  Just living in Mexico is a death sentence? I've visited Mexico, and came back alive to tell you about it. Thank goodness I made it out alive!

Getting dropped off and abandoned in a foreign country without any means to support yourself is a fucking death sentence. You went on a fucking vacation not deported by a piece of shit Idi Amin wannabe cunt. Take no money, go to Mexico City, try to survive there, and see how long you fucking last.

I was just pointing out your hyperbole, and your response just helped prove my point. Thank you.
[+] 2 users Like BryanS's post
02-09-2017, 10:11 AM
It's not hyperbole. Hyperbole would be saying something like maybe you should see how long you can live on a direct diet of my cum but that would be rude so I won't say that.
02-09-2017, 01:38 PM
(02-09-2017 10:11 AM)ImFred Wrote:  It's not hyperbole. Hyperbole would be saying something like maybe you should see how long you can live on a direct diet of my cum but that would be rude so I won't say that.

That's not hyperbole, but I don't expect much of your linguistic skills based on this sort of discourse, or lack thereof.
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
02-09-2017, 08:37 PM
(02-09-2017 01:16 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I forgot that his life is important because he's rich and powerful. Sorry. Never mind the de facto death sentence he's hellbent on implementing on millions in sanctuary cities. I better get my values in check.

Right, here I am with my asshole opinion that wishing death on people 'cause I don't like their political positions or policies is morally questionable if not utterly bankrupt.

You got the moral high ground equivalent of Marianas trench.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
02-09-2017, 08:53 PM
(01-09-2017 08:44 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 08:23 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  "express track to obtain citizenship..."
What would your plan be for those who wish to continue to live and work here but NOT give up their citizenship in their home country/not become citizens? Yeah, believe it or not they do exist.

I'm a big fan of dual (or more) citizenship. I think they should be recognised by all countries. In case that would be impossible, permanent resident status without citizenship would be the option. Why?

I agree that dual citizenship should be an option but unfortunately there are countries that refuse to do that and would force their citizens to give up their own birth-country citizenship if they wanted to become US citizens. Germany is one. I'm pretty sure Singapore is another. I can't quite imagine Trump getting onboard with either dual citizenship or permanent resident status.

To clarify your question to me of "why," were you asking why they wouldn't want to lose citizenship in their birth country to become US citizens or were you asking why I was asking? Not trying to be facetious with that, just clarifying what you are asking.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
02-09-2017, 09:08 PM
@outtathereligioncloset

I thought my answer was a pretty obvious one considering the tone and the content of my first post so I was wondering a bit why you felt the need to ask. I now realised that it was only because you were a bit curious and wanted some precisions.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
02-09-2017, 09:09 PM
(02-09-2017 08:37 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  

Right, here I am with my asshole opinion that wishing death on people 'cause I don't like their political positions or policies is morally questionable if not utterly bankrupt.

I was thrilled when both Reagan and Nixon died. I'm glad Reagan suffered a long time. They were both muderous thugs. Trump is more deranged than either of those cunts.
02-09-2017, 09:20 PM
(02-09-2017 09:09 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 08:37 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Right, here I am with my asshole opinion that wishing death on people 'cause I don't like their political positions or policies is morally questionable if not utterly bankrupt.

I was thrilled when both Reagan and Nixon died. I'm glad Reagan suffered a long time. They were both muderous thugs. Trump is more deranged than either of those cunts.

You'd be fun at one of my parties. You wanna come to one?

#sigh