The Drudge Report

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2015, 11:33 AM
The Drudge Report
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drudge_Report

Should I take anything seriously from a person that gets all of their news from this source? My new brother-in-law says some pretty biased and hateful stuff, and when I asked where he gets his news and views from he told me Drudge. I know all news sources have biases and such, but is this site (which appears to be a right wing source for pushing hate on democrats and liberals) worth anything?

Should politics not even be discussed with him?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2015, 11:34 AM
RE: The Drudge Report
No. Next question.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
27-07-2015, 11:42 AM
Gosh, wait 'til you -- and, more worrisome, your brother-in-law --discover Alex Jones.
27-07-2015, 12:04 PM
Drudge is like 4chan anyone that admits to going there should just be ignored.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
27-07-2015, 01:57 PM
Drudge is not a news source--it's links to both fringe and mainstream sources with a political agenda. There's nothing wrong with following his links so long as you can think for yourself and judge the source and take into account that the story selection has an agenda behind it.
27-07-2015, 03:46 PM
It's a news aggregator site. Drudge introduces his bias in what he chooses to link to along with provocative headlines he makes up which or may not accurately capture the story. As a portal to different websites it's pretty good and has a mix of links to conservative, liberal, and "just the news" sites.

#sigh