The Earth's 6th Mass Extinction is underway.
Post Reply
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
25-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Re: The Earth's 6th Mass Extinction is underway.
We really ought to acknowledge we don't need a cold war to drive a space race.. Just keep considering the impending doom of Earth the competitor to race

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
29-07-2014, 04:50 AM
RE: The Earth's 6th Mass Extinction is underway.
Global warming has occurred before. The earth undergoes cyclic changes. Core samples taken from the Arctic and Antarctica seem to show this.
Unfortunately, we are doing our bit as well.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2014, 05:53 AM
RE: The Earth's 6th Mass Extinction is underway.
Perhaps it's time that we put someone to work on decoding the way rats or cockroaches communicate and then translating our human body of knowledge into those languages.

Although, it's most likely that the meek bacteria / viruses will inherit the earth but working out their communication codes might take a little longer.

Sad

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2014, 06:47 AM
RE: The Earth's 6th Mass Extinction is underway.
(29-07-2014 05:53 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Perhaps it's time that we put someone to work on decoding the way rats or cockroaches communicate and then translating our human body of knowledge into those languages.

Although, it's most likely that the meek bacteria / viruses will inherit the earth but working out their communication codes might take a little longer.

Sad

Personally, I'd place my bet on viruses; even disregarding their not being alive and subsequent inability to inherit anything.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2014, 03:36 AM
RE: The Earth's 6th Mass Extinction is underway.
I heard that all man made C02 emissions make up about 4% of the global carbon emissions meaning nature emits the remaining 96%
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2014, 05:24 AM
RE: The Earth's 6th Mass Extinction is underway.
(02-08-2014 03:36 AM)Ace Wrote:  I heard that all man made C02 emissions make up about 4% of the global carbon emissions meaning nature emits the remaining 96%

That is not a useful way to look at it.

There is a carbon cycle that produces and consumes carbon dioxide in nature. The result is a steady-state level of atmospheric carbon dioxide.

Carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere have remained relatively constant in the Holocene until the industrial revolution. The carbon cycle has been unbalanced by creating new sources but no new sinks.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
05-10-2014, 10:38 PM
The Earth's 6th Mass Extinction is underway.
Well man melted the glacier of Chicago / and the ice age landbridge from Russia to Alaska ... Earth goes in cycles we might be speeding crap up but what you going to do ? Stop driving / stop using electricity (basically no pc for us ) / passing gas ? I guess we can turn on the ac and prolong it and get the temp just right #rolleyes

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2014, 11:03 PM
RE: The Earth's 6th Mass Extinction is underway.
(05-10-2014 10:38 PM)TWITTERVANITYBONET Wrote:  Well man melted the glacier of Chicago / and the ice age landbridge from Russia to Alaska ... Earth goes in cycles we might be speeding crap up but what you going to do ? Stop driving / stop using electricity (basically no pc for us ) / passing gas ? I guess we can turn on the ac and prolong it and get the temp just right #rolleyes

We could ignore the problem, that's one way of doing things, yes. Or we could try to *solve* it.

Or we could throw our hands up, declare that the problem is insoluble, and live for the moment! We have a winner! Let's just carry on wrecking the Earth. Drive species that have existed for millions and billions of years to extinction because we can't control our reproductive urges and all those people need to eat dontcherknow. Pump the atmosphere full of crap because we need to get to work on time god damn it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2014, 05:57 AM
RE: The Earth's 6th Mass Extinction is underway.
(05-10-2014 10:38 PM)TWITTERVANITYBONET Wrote:  Well man melted the glacier of Chicago / and the ice age landbridge from Russia to Alaska ... Earth goes in cycles we might be speeding crap up but what you going to do ? Stop driving / stop using electricity (basically no pc for us ) / passing gas ? I guess we can turn on the ac and prolong it and get the temp just right #rolleyes

This level of ignorant foolishness is sad, Matt.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2014, 12:44 PM
RE: The Earth's 6th Mass Extinction is underway.
And yet on we toddle...

How long have scientists been warning about this for? 30, maybe 40 years. World leaders meet up at the G8 or whatever, and say they're committed to reducing carbon emissions, and moving away from fossil fuels etc... Then, lo and behold, a vast untapped oil reserve is discovered under the Amazon, and suddenly all that talk of going green gets forgotten... Fuckers.

The fate of the world is in the hands of people who do not care about it...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
Post Reply
Forum Jump: