The Easter Bunny And Santa Clause

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1.5 Average
30-10-2012, 06:28 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2012 07:22 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: The Easter Bunny And Santa Clause
(30-10-2012 06:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 05:24 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ... and yet have the balls to be THE ONLY person here who EVER gave me a negative rating,...

Gonna correct that shit Fullerene.

I wish I could make it so it was not changeable. A neg rep from the likes of that I wear as a badge of honor.
So funny it's also from the Bible Belt.
Amen Brother.
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Not one line of the OP made sense... like, not even one single line. Is it all metaphorical poetry? Or gibberish?

The only thing I have to say about it, though, is The Theist's reputation is currently at -5. Really, guys? This seems like a recurring theme... every time a theist joins the debate, we violate his reputation until he gets banned. Even if a theist is posting nonsense, I'd still rather be fair to him or her. Save the reputation red marks for a rainy day, eh?

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-10-2012, 08:25 PM
(30-10-2012 08:20 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  Not one line of the OP made sense... like, not even one single line. Is it all metaphorical poetry? Or gibberish?

The only thing I have to say about it, though, is The Theist's reputation is currently at -5. Really, guys? This seems like a recurring theme... every time a theist joins the debate, we violate his reputation until he gets banned. Even if a theist is posting nonsense, I'd still rather be fair to him or her. Save the reputation red marks for a rainy day, eh?

I think, but I'm not sure, he is trying to make some point. I think Bucky may be right...he probably just hadn't taken his tablets.

I suspect his repution is a -5 because he's not articulate enough to express himself coherently, not because he's a theist.
30-10-2012, 09:36 PM
(30-10-2012 08:20 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  The only thing I have to say about it, though, is The Theist's reputation is currently at -5. Really, guys? This seems like a recurring theme... every time a theist joins the debate, we violate his reputation until he gets banned. Even if a theist is posting nonsense, I'd still rather be fair to him or her. Save the reputation red marks for a rainy day, eh?

I have never been on an atheist forum in which I didn't become the in house scapegoat. Part of that is my fault because I return the verbal abuse. The reason for this, I think, isn't necessarily atheistic in nature, it has more to do with many of the more outspoken atheists having been at one time, enslaved by false religion. What do I mean by false religion? Organized. Religion on a massive scale. I've never known of any religion to be true, except for possibly Shintoism. Though it was more or less, nationalism.
30-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Part of it is your fault?

No... pretty much the way you post makes you sound bipolar man. YOUR ability to KEEP YOUR COMPOSURE IS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT AND WITHIN YOUR CONTROL. That is a PERSONAL CHOICE. It's pretty hard to take you seriously when you post things that are "calm" and then turn around and post shit like:

Quote:Don't worry, surely your grandfather can pay one of them to fuck even your snooty little pram ass. Better hurry, though, you sound like you need to get laid. Pansy.

And then do things like "oh yeah my atheist son posted that" (not previous post, but posts prior). So either you can't hold your tongue and lash out, or you have a case of verbal diarrhea and blame someone else... whatever it is... it's the internet. It's not worth taking that seriously.

If you tend to take the internet that seriously, I would highly recommend finding a different forum, because you lashing out as you have only furthers the responses from people. Be them sarcastic, rude, prodding in nature, or rib jabbing, because it's on here all the time. It is sort of like saying you can't stand the way mechanics in a shop environment because of their crass sense of humor... but you go work at one anyway.

Sometimes the rib jabbing is a test to see if someone is thick skinned enough, a trial by fire in some ways, a test of comradery... it's generally human nature for some crowds.

take kingschosen for example. He's a theist, like you. He's also a moderator. You aren't. For the most part, most of us have no issue with him. He enjoys debating with us, and unlike most theists, he's fine with agreeing to disagree, instead of continually trying to push an agenda. When people poke him and prod him and TRY to get a reaction, he's as cool as ice about it and pretty much doesn't give a shit because he's comfortable with who he is.. I for one, can respect that.

Many of us come here to find like minded people, to get away from religion. Although it's generally to be expected that some batshit crazy theists will come on here to try and "save us heathens from the fiery pits of hell." but it comes with the territory.

When someone comes in here to debate, can't take the heat, gets offended, starts spouting off a bunch of ad hominem attacks, it's generally a good sign that they don't really "get it"....
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
30-10-2012, 11:41 PM
(30-10-2012 09:36 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 08:20 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  The only thing I have to say about it, though, is The Theist's reputation is currently at -5. Really, guys? This seems like a recurring theme... every time a theist joins the debate, we violate his reputation until he gets banned. Even if a theist is posting nonsense, I'd still rather be fair to him or her. Save the reputation red marks for a rainy day, eh?

I have never been on an atheist forum in which I didn't become the in house scapegoat. Part of that is my fault because I return the verbal abuse. The reason for this, I think, isn't necessarily atheistic in nature, it has more to do with many of the more outspoken atheists having been at one time, enslaved by false religion. What do I mean by false religion? Organized. Religion on a massive scale. I've never known of any religion to be true, except for possibly Shintoism. Though it was more or less, nationalism.

It's probably true that any minority in a forum will be scapegoated. I used to frequent Catholic.com's forums and well as a few others that I spent less time in, and I found myself the target of abuse many times (even though I work hard to avoid using it myself). The Us vs. Them mentality is not restricted to atheists or organized religion, but to any groups that can identify themselves as separate. And an Us vs. Them mentality can drive people to verbally abuse enemies because they are dehumanized in the process... after all, they're "not like us".

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
30-10-2012, 11:44 PM
(30-10-2012 10:06 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Part of it is your fault?

No... pretty much the way you post makes you sound bipolar man. YOUR ability to KEEP YOUR COMPOSURE IS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT AND WITHIN YOUR CONTROL. That is a PERSONAL CHOICE. It's pretty hard to take you seriously when you post things that are "calm" and then turn around and post shit like:

Quote:Don't worry, surely your grandfather can pay one of them to fuck even your snooty little pram ass. Better hurry, though, you sound like you need to get laid. Pansy.

For the sake of fairness, do you think that atheists also lose reputation points when they lose their composure or "post shit like" that? Or do we hold theists to a double-standard?

[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
30-10-2012, 11:46 PM
I has to do with one thing only.
His idiotic posts, in which he purports to present his very strange views of the Bible as though they were somehow legitimate or supported by scholarship.
When challenged, he never responds, just starts new threads. THAT'S ALL it's about.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-10-2012, 11:50 PM
(30-10-2012 11:44 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 10:06 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Part of it is your fault?

For the sake of fairness, do you think that atheists also lose reputation points when they lose their composure or "post shit like" that? Or do we hold theists to a double-standard?

Your post brings up a fair point. I haven't given the guy any negative points. I rarely give negative points to anyone, unless they are just being a total jerk, blatantly, obviously, unjustifiably and just trolling. In this case, the guy brings up a lot of controversial stuff, makes long posts and sometimes composes himself calmly. It's when he lashes out that it is hard to take stuff seriously.

To answer it, do we hold theists to a double standard? Potentially some do. Do we also hold ourselves accountable? A good thing to ponder as well.

I generally give neutral rep before I give negative rep, since sometimes I wonder if it helps people see the feedback they are getting from others to consider their position or stance or how they come across.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
31-10-2012, 02:42 AM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2012 12:36 PM by Dark Light.)
(30-10-2012 10:06 PM)Logisch Wrote:  take kingschosen for example. He's a theist, like you.

No one is a theist like him. Especially not KC Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post