The Easter Bunny And Santa Clause

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1.5 Average
31-10-2012, 02:52 AM
RE: The Easter Bunny And Santa Clause
(31-10-2012 02:42 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 10:06 PM)Logisch Wrote:  take kingschosen for example. He's a theist, like you.

No on is a theist like him. Especially not KC Tongue

Hahaha, fair enough comparison and word play.Cool
Perhaps I should have said, you're both theists, except not like him LOL.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2012, 03:02 AM
(30-10-2012 09:36 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 08:20 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  The only thing I have to say about it, though, is The Theist's reputation is currently at -5. Really, guys? This seems like a recurring theme... every time a theist joins the debate, we violate his reputation until he gets banned. Even if a theist is posting nonsense, I'd still rather be fair to him or her. Save the reputation red marks for a rainy day, eh?

I have never been on an atheist forum in which I didn't become the in house scapegoat. Part of that is my fault because I return the verbal abuse. The reason for this, I think, isn't necessarily atheistic in nature, it has more to do with many of the more outspoken atheists having been at one time, enslaved by false religion. What do I mean by false religion? Organized. Religion on a massive scale. I've never known of any religion to be true, except for possibly Shintoism. Though it was more or less, nationalism.

There are multiple problems with your posts.

Your grammar is poor.

Your sentence structure is poor.

As Bucky said, you don't address the issues people bring up.

You seem to delight in jumping from topic to unrelated topic, often resulting in long posts that say nothing worthwhile.

If you want respect here you need to first respect your readers by writing your posts in a way which makes your point(s) clear, and with minimum waffle, good grammar, and clear unambiguous English.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-10-2012, 03:22 AM
(30-10-2012 09:36 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 08:20 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  The only thing I have to say about it, though, is The Theist's reputation is currently at -5. Really, guys? This seems like a recurring theme... every time a theist joins the debate, we violate his reputation until he gets banned. Even if a theist is posting nonsense, I'd still rather be fair to him or her. Save the reputation red marks for a rainy day, eh?

I have never been on an atheist forum in which I didn't become the in house scapegoat. Part of that is my fault because I return the verbal abuse. The reason for this, I think, isn't necessarily atheistic in nature, it has more to do with many of the more outspoken atheists having been at one time, enslaved by false religion. What do I mean by false religion? Organized. Religion on a massive scale. I've never known of any religion to be true, except for possibly Shintoism. Though it was more or less, nationalism.

PS. I think you're trying to claim that atheists give you a hard time because they have "chips on their shoulders" about how they were treated by people in "organised" religions.

No. That is your imagination running away with you. You are making a gross generalisation.

I am an atheist. I am opposed to Christianity because it is fundamentally flawed. I believe it is a an unhealthy, toxic doctrine, not based on truth. I see the damage it has caused every day, and as a humanitarian concerned about the welfare of my fellow man, and particularly children, I will oppose it tooth and nail. I am not motivated by revenge or anger, but by the humanitarian side of my make up. Is that clear?
[+] 5 users Like Mark Fulton's post
31-10-2012, 08:30 AM
(30-10-2012 11:44 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  For the sake of fairness, do you think that atheists also lose reputation points when they lose their composure or "post shit like" that? Or do we hold theists to a double-standard?

During my introductory thread I received a few PMs stating that I was doing a remarkable job in letting the petty and mean spirited attacks slide off my back and was told that that sort of thing wasn't appreciated by all atheists. But you go back and look at those threads and the stuff I was writing wasn't getting much in reputation points, but even the simplest and meanest attacks were getting multiple reputation points.

When I read a post by an atheist that is too long for my interest or the grammar isn't perfect I don't feel so petty to inform them of this to in some childish and pathetic way reaffirm my own theistic position, especially when I know I'm far from perfect myself. I have to be attacked unmerciful before I calmly lash out, and then if the one doing the attacking makes a good point later it isn't slighted by me unless I have to wade through a personal tirade to get to it in the first place.

I am, above all things, fair.
31-10-2012, 08:32 AM
(31-10-2012 08:30 AM)The Theist Wrote:  I am, above all things, fair.

If you don't say so yourself.
ClapClapClap

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
31-10-2012, 08:43 AM
(30-10-2012 04:49 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 04:19 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I already answered that question. Neither. As such "most likely" doesn't make sense.

But I do find it interesting that you are a theist, but think theism hinders finding truth.

The term The Theist was taken from my website, which started out to be an illustration. Originally it was going to be entitled The Atheist, but that didn't have the same sort of ring to it.
Are you saying now that you're an atheist? If not, then your reply here makes no sense to me.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
31-10-2012, 08:46 AM
(31-10-2012 03:22 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I am an atheist. I am opposed to Christianity because it is fundamentally flawed. I believe it is a an unhealthy, toxic doctrine, not based on truth. I see the damage it has caused every day, and as a humanitarian concerned about the welfare of my fellow man, and particularly children, I will oppose it tooth and nail. I am not motivated by revenge or anger, but by the humanitarian side of my make up. Is that clear?

No. I have read some of your website and I think you are a fraud. Your stuff is an emotional sort of xenophobic reaction to theism in the guise of concern for the commonwealth of mankind. I personally challenge you to a one on one debate on the subject of the Bible on this forum. You start.
31-10-2012, 08:47 AM
(31-10-2012 08:43 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 04:49 PM)The Theist Wrote:  The term The Theist was taken from my website, which started out to be an illustration. Originally it was going to be entitled The Atheist, but that didn't have the same sort of ring to it.
Are you saying now that you're an atheist? If not, then your reply here makes no sense to me.

No. I'm saying that the term The Theist applied to the illustration, after considering The Atheist prior to that.
31-10-2012, 08:51 AM
(31-10-2012 08:47 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 08:43 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Are you saying now that you're an atheist? If not, then your reply here makes no sense to me.

No. I'm saying that the term The Theist applied to the illustration, after considering The Atheist prior to that.
Then how does that address my comment which was:

But I do find it interesting that you are a theist, but think theism hinders finding truth.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
31-10-2012, 09:05 AM
(31-10-2012 08:46 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 03:22 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I am an atheist. I am opposed to Christianity because it is fundamentally flawed. I believe it is a an unhealthy, toxic doctrine, not based on truth. I see the damage it has caused every day, and as a humanitarian concerned about the welfare of my fellow man, and particularly children, I will oppose it tooth and nail. I am not motivated by revenge or anger, but by the humanitarian side of my make up. Is that clear?

No. I have read some of your website and I think you are a fraud. Your stuff is an emotional sort of xenophobic reaction to theism in the guise of concern for the commonwealth of mankind. I personally challenge you to a one on one debate on the subject of the Bible on this forum. You start.

The Bible is but one example of Theism. Debating Bible texts does nothing, one way or another to support or refute theism. Just some of the versions of theism. Before one bothers to debate the Bible, one has to have it's "authority" demonstrated. That has not been done. There is no non-circular way to do that.
It's the typical rabbit hole theists attempt to get non-theists to go down. Babble quote duels. What a waste of time.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche