The Easter Bunny And Santa Clause

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1.5 Average
31-10-2012, 12:45 PM
RE: The Easter Bunny And Santa Clause
(30-10-2012 08:20 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  Not one line of the OP made sense... like, not even one single line. Is it all metaphorical poetry? Or gibberish?

The only thing I have to say about it, though, is The Theist's reputation is currently at -5. Really, guys? This seems like a recurring theme... every time a theist joins the debate, we violate his reputation until he gets banned. Even if a theist is posting nonsense, I'd still rather be fair to him or her. Save the reputation red marks for a rainy day, eh?

You are wrong. He's negative because he's an asshole. KC is theist - look at his rep.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
31-10-2012, 03:34 PM
(31-10-2012 08:46 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 03:22 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I am an atheist. I am opposed to Christianity because it is fundamentally flawed. I believe it is a an unhealthy, toxic doctrine, not based on truth. I see the damage it has caused every day, and as a humanitarian concerned about the welfare of my fellow man, and particularly children, I will oppose it tooth and nail. I am not motivated by revenge or anger, but by the humanitarian side of my make up. Is that clear?

No. I have read some of your website and I think you are a fraud. Your stuff is an emotional sort of xenophobic reaction to theism in the guise of concern for the commonwealth of mankind. I personally challenge you to a one on one debate on the subject of the Bible on this forum. You start.

Ok, you're on. Shall we make the topic "The legitimacy of Christianity?" Shall we start another parallel thread so people can comment? I think that is only fair for others. Bear in mind I am on the other side of the world, and have a full time job. I will, however, contribute regularly.
31-10-2012, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2012 03:45 PM by kim.)
(30-10-2012 12:53 AM)The Theist Wrote:  irreverence

Hmm... I agree with this word in conjunction with everything else you've written. Dodgy

Hey, wait.... I thought you wrote irrelevance. Oh well... either one or both. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
31-10-2012, 04:48 PM
(31-10-2012 03:34 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Ok, you're on. Shall we make the topic "The legitimacy of Christianity?"

On that subject you and I may agree more than disagree. It depends upon how you do it. To me, modern day Christianity has no legitimacy at all. The first four hundred years it was declining in legitimacy, and then it was pretty much done after Constantine's influence.

(31-10-2012 03:34 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Shall we start another parallel thread so people can comment? I think that is only fair for others.

Yes.

(31-10-2012 03:34 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Bear in mind I am on the other side of the world, and have a full time job. I will, however, contribute regularly.

Understood.
31-10-2012, 04:59 PM
(31-10-2012 08:51 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Then how does that address my comment which was:

But I do find it interesting that you are a theist, but think theism hinders finding truth.

I though I already responded to that. You will notice that my theism differs from the majority of others because the pagan influence has been removed. No trinity, no cross, no celebration of holidays, no immortal soul, no hell, no rapture etc.

In this I am like the JWs.

I differ from the JWs in that I don't believe in organized religion, don't claim to represent Jehovah or his kingdom, don't set dates for end times making myself a false prophet, don't have class distinctions, or put on a show of righteousness, don't try and influence others regarding important decisions like organ transplants, vaccinations, education, blood transfusions, neutrality.

You see, I loath most of theism because in accepting the traditional teachings of a pagan origin contrary to the Bible they rob the people of something even far more important than this life, they rob them of a likely possibility of the next. So to me it is a far more loathsome thing than you, the majority of it.

Then there is the harmful effects of men who think they speak for God and blasphemy him making themselves false prophets.
31-10-2012, 05:10 PM
(31-10-2012 04:59 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 08:51 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Then how does that address my comment which was:

But I do find it interesting that you are a theist, but think theism hinders finding truth.

I though I already responded to that. You will notice that my theism differs from the majority of others because the pagan influence has been removed. No trinity, no cross, no celebration of holidays, no immortal soul, no hell, no rapture etc.

In this I am like the JWs.

I differ from the JWs in that I don't believe in organized religion, don't claim to represent Jehovah or his kingdom, don't set dates for end times making myself a false prophet, don't have class distinctions, or put on a show of righteousness, don't try and influence others regarding important decisions like organ transplants, vaccinations, education, blood transfusions, neutrality.

You see, I loath most of theism because in accepting the traditional teachings of a pagan origin contrary to the Bible they rob the people of something even far more important than this life, they rob them of a likely possibility of the next. So to me it is a far more loathsome thing than you, the majority of it.

Then there is the harmful effects of men who think they speak for God and blasphemy him making themselves false prophets.

In short. A wacko crackpot.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
31-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Pedantic Polemic Pontificating
(31-10-2012 05:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  In short. A wacko crackpot.

Your obssesst with me. Besides which my spelling and gramarr are neerly perfect.
31-10-2012, 06:18 PM
(31-10-2012 04:48 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 03:34 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Ok, you're on. Shall we make the topic "The legitimacy of Christianity?"

On that subject you and I may agree more than disagree. It depends upon how you do it. To me, modern day Christianity has no legitimacy at all. The first four hundred years it was declining in legitimacy, and then it was pretty much done after Constantine's influence.

(31-10-2012 03:34 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Shall we start another parallel thread so people can comment? I think that is only fair for others.

Yes.

(31-10-2012 03:34 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Bear in mind I am on the other side of the world, and have a full time job. I will, however, contribute regularly.

Understood.

Ok...well you pick the title for the debate then. This will be interesting.
31-10-2012, 06:53 PM
RE: Pedantic Polemic Pontificating
(31-10-2012 05:21 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 05:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  In short. A wacko crackpot.

Your obssesst with me. Besides which my spelling and gramarr are neerly perfect.

Nah. Just the low hanging fruit. Don't delude yourself.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
31-10-2012, 06:57 PM
(31-10-2012 06:18 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Ok...well you pick the title for the debate then. This will be interesting.

Nah, it's gonna be boring as fuck watching 2 dudes dance around various interpretations of irrelevant ancient text. Ima gonna watch 'cause I like Mark, but it's gonna be every bit as boring as watching Fullerene dancing with TheFoolishTheist. ... I wanna see HouseOfCantor vs msbiljanica in the dohyō. Yes

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.