• 4 Votes - 1.5 Average
31-10-2012, 07:00 PM
RE: The Easter Bunny And Santa Clause
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...oxing-Ring
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2012, 07:07 PM
(31-10-2012 06:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nah, it's gonna be boring as fuck watching 2 dudes dance around various interpretations of irrelevant ancient text. Ima gonna watch 'cause I like Mark, but it's gonna be every bit as boring as watching Fullerene dancing with TheFoolishTheist. ... I wanna see HouseOfCantor vs msbiljanica in the dohyō. Yes

Well, I can understand if irrelevant ancient text isn't your thing, but I'm open to suggestions. Assuming that no one here can stand anything I write which would logically explain all of the attention I get, what would you suggest I introduce as a topic that has something to do with atheism and theism?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-10-2012, 07:16 PM
(31-10-2012 07:07 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 06:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nah, it's gonna be boring as fuck watching 2 dudes dance around various interpretations of irrelevant ancient text. Ima gonna watch 'cause I like Mark, but it's gonna be every bit as boring as watching Fullerene dancing with TheFoolishTheist. ... I wanna see HouseOfCantor vs msbiljanica in the dohyō. Yes

Well, I can understand if irrelevant ancient text isn't your thing, but I'm open to suggestions. Assuming that no one here can stand anything I write which would logically explain all of the attention I get, what would you suggest I introduce as a topic that has something to do with atheism and theism?

Swavey Davy The Theist Learns to Read and Write.
A Picture Book For 5 Year Olds. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
31-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Since thus far the majority of the arguments here have been the interpretations of some verses, and said validity of texts... why not the validity of some specific books and their "meaning"... You yourself have argued that you feel you can't argue "the bible" as a whole since it is a "collection of books" - pick your favorites, and perhaps you and the other can go duke it out. No need to do a giant debate, start with something specific.

One of the largest issues I see is that people come in trying to debate LOTS of stuff, no one can agree with anything and it becomes a giant fiasco of subjects.

Specific, directed points, both debaters can state their position and go from there.
31-10-2012, 07:23 PM
(31-10-2012 12:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 08:20 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  Not one line of the OP made sense... like, not even one single line. Is it all metaphorical poetry? Or gibberish?

The only thing I have to say about it, though, is The Theist's reputation is currently at -5. Really, guys? This seems like a recurring theme... every time a theist joins the debate, we violate his reputation until he gets banned. Even if a theist is posting nonsense, I'd still rather be fair to him or her. Save the reputation red marks for a rainy day, eh?

You are wrong. He's negative because he's an asshole. KC is theist - look at his rep.

Starcrash can't help it. He's actually a theist. Haven't you ever noticed how much he cries when his precious theist buddies get picked on?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
31-10-2012, 07:30 PM

I can stand what you write TheFoolishTheist, boring as all get out but meh, whatever. If you're gonna get into the dohyō with Fulton or Fullerene, that's gonna be the topic. If you're gonna get into the dohyō with Girly, it's gonna be about dualism and the possibility of a postmortem preservation of identity. But you're a hard read, there are plenty of theists who don't believe in a postmortem preservation of identity, for all I know you might be one of them. Then we got nothing left to sumo over.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
31-10-2012, 07:35 PM
(31-10-2012 07:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I can stand what you write TheFoolishTheist, boring as all get out but meh, whatever. If you're gonna get into the dohyō with Fulton or Fullerene, that's gonna be the topic. If you're gonna get into the dohyō with Girly, it's gonna be about dualism and the possibility of a postmortem preservation of identity. But you're a hard read, there are plenty of theists who don't believe in a postmortem preservation of identity, for all I know you might be one of them. Then we got nothing left to sumo over.

Never heard of it or gave it much of a thought. Wouldn't know what to do with it. Dualism and the possibility of a postmortem preservation of identity? And I'm a hard read?
31-10-2012, 07:39 PM

You have sent me a PM and suggested "The historicity of the Bible." Sounds great to me. I would prefer to concentrate on the New Testament, but if you want to mention the Old too, that's ok by me. I suggest you start, because, well, your position as a "theist," yet not a Christian, yet enamoured towards the Bible, is rather unique, so it will help if you clarify things for everyone. Ok?
31-10-2012, 07:41 PM

I'll do my best to not be boring, Ok? Pull me up if I am.
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
31-10-2012, 07:45 PM
(31-10-2012 07:39 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 07:07 PM)The Theist Wrote:  Well, I can understand if irrelevant ancient text isn't your thing, but I'm open to suggestions. Assuming that no one here can stand anything I write which would logically explain all of the attention I get, what would you suggest I introduce as a topic that has something to do with atheism and theism?

You have sent me a PM and suggested "The historicity of the Bible." Sounds great to me. I would prefer to concentrate on the New Testament, but if you want to mention the Old too, that's ok by me. I suggest you start, because, well, your position as a "theist," yet not a Christian, yet enamoured towards the Bible, is rather unique, so it will help if you clarify things for everyone. Ok?

OK. I will try to get it up tonight or tomorrow morning at least.