The Easter Bunny And Santa Clause

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1.5 Average
31-10-2012, 07:48 PM
RE: The Easter Bunny And Santa Clause
(31-10-2012 07:35 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 07:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  But you're a hard read, there are plenty of theists who don't believe in a postmortem preservation of identity, for all I know you might be one of them. Then we got nothing left to sumo over.

Never heard of it or gave it much of a thought. Wouldn't know what to do with it. Dualism and the possibility of a postmortem preservation of identity? And I'm a hard read?

Well given that you've never even considered it, that explains why I can't get a read off you. Tongue

(31-10-2012 07:41 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I'll do my best to not be boring, Ok? Pull me up if I am.

Got your boring back, brother. Thumbsup

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2012, 08:05 PM
(31-10-2012 07:45 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 07:39 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  You have sent me a PM and suggested "The historicity of the Bible." Sounds great to me. I would prefer to concentrate on the New Testament, but if you want to mention the Old too, that's ok by me. I suggest you start, because, well, your position as a "theist," yet not a Christian, yet enamoured towards the Bible, is rather unique, so it will help if you clarify things for everyone. Ok?

OK. I will try to get it up tonight or tomorrow morning at least.

Ok, I'm looking forward to it
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2012, 01:19 PM
(31-10-2012 04:59 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 08:51 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Then how does that address my comment which was:

But I do find it interesting that you are a theist, but think theism hinders finding truth.

I though I already responded to that. You will notice that my theism differs from the majority of others because the pagan influence has been removed. No trinity, no cross, no celebration of holidays, no immortal soul, no hell, no rapture etc.

In this I am like the JWs.

I differ from the JWs in that I don't believe in organized religion, don't claim to represent Jehovah or his kingdom, don't set dates for end times making myself a false prophet, don't have class distinctions, or put on a show of righteousness, don't try and influence others regarding important decisions like organ transplants, vaccinations, education, blood transfusions, neutrality.

You see, I loath most of theism because in accepting the traditional teachings of a pagan origin contrary to the Bible they rob the people of something even far more important than this life, they rob them of a likely possibility of the next. So to me it is a far more loathsome thing than you, the majority of it.

Then there is the harmful effects of men who think they speak for God and blasphemy him making themselves false prophets.
Sorry, I haven't been around much for the past few days and didn't see this until now.

Where do I even begin with this? What you just said is your theism is not typical of most, but nonetheless it's theism. And theism, you believe, hinders finding truth. So you still haven't really answered the question. Perhaps you need to qualify your original statement that theism hinders finding the truth?

Then, in one breath, you say there is "no immortal soul", but in the next you say most theists "rob the people of something even far more important than this life, they rob them of a likely possibility of the next". How is there a next life if there is no immortal soul?

And I hope this: "So to me it is a far more loathsome thing than you"
was either a type-o or just badly worded... Dodgy

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
05-11-2012, 06:59 PM
(30-10-2012 10:16 AM)The Theist Wrote:  The political implications are confirmed in that ignoring isn't good enough. You have to silence. What are the three steps to accepting truth?
Stance, power, and follow through.

Or maybe those are the three steps to a better golf swing..... Consider

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]