The Easter Bunny And Santa Clause

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1.5 Average
30-10-2012, 11:12 AM
RE: The Easter Bunny And Santa Clause
(30-10-2012 10:58 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 09:30 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  This thread is about the apparent duplicity in celebrating some traditions without the critical analysis afforded others. Which is to say, the poor Christian is feeling persecuted again... Dodgy

Interesting, but I'm not a Christian.

(30-10-2012 09:30 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Of course, it is based upon false assumptions. Around here with all the witches involved, Samhain gets a few parties, and for sure we know what we're celebrating. Easter doesn't even get noticed, and Yule is just an excuse for consumptive capitalism. Which is fun, once in a while. Big Grin

Consider the children of the atheist and the theist during Easter and Christmas.

If you're not a Christian, what are you doing messing around with the Bible?

And what do you mean, consider the children?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2012, 11:18 AM
(30-10-2012 11:12 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 10:58 AM)The Theist Wrote:  Interesting, but I'm not a Christian.

Consider the children of the atheist and the theist during Easter and Christmas.

If you're not a Christian, what are you doing messing around with the Bible?

And what do you mean, consider the children?

Perhaps he's a pedophile?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
30-10-2012, 11:26 AM
(30-10-2012 10:50 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 10:35 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Now all he has to do is explain how, why, when, where, and in what context that particular piece of human literary endeavor was written by a human, what motivated the writer to write the words he wrote, when, why and how it was included in some canons and not others, and what it meant in the context of the day it was written.

The assumption that one could just read an ancient text, and NOT know all that other information is so utterly delusional, it's beyond imagination.

By the way Mark, have you met Mikey. Mikey-The-Conflicted-Gay-Theist ?
He's been kicked off all the other boards, so he ended up here, as we are the only ones who tolerate insanity along with the rest.
Mikey, meet Mark. He knows more about Christianity that you'll ever hope to.
Mark could perhaps help you with your Psych needs, as he's actually been to school.

Oh! This is the celibate gay guy? Hasn't he found true love yet? Doesn't your boyfriend have any friends he can set him up with?

He does, but he wouldn't inflict the likes of him on any of them. I only met a few so far. I have a few too, but they're "attached". It's getting a bit late in life for Mikey though. There are senior gay dating services I think. I could start a thread, and see what comes by ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
30-10-2012, 11:28 AM
This one doesn't even know when and how in history the "inspiration" claims arose, and why.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
30-10-2012, 11:30 AM
The good ones are always taken. Weeping

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
30-10-2012, 12:05 PM
(30-10-2012 11:28 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  This one doesn't even know when and how in history the "inspiration" claims arose, and why.

Maybe some day when you finally get out of school you can explain it to me. It is, I suppose, possible, even likely that you could be shat out of the institution broke and stupid.
30-10-2012, 12:08 PM
(30-10-2012 11:12 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  If you're not a Christian, what are you doing messing around with the Bible?

You think the Christians have much to do with the Bible?

(30-10-2012 11:12 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  And what do you mean, consider the children?

That they, the believers and non-believers use the same vicarious method of indoctrination. The only possible reason for being a militant atheist is sociopolitical.
30-10-2012, 12:20 PM
(30-10-2012 11:11 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 10:38 AM)Impulse Wrote:  1) Being honestly and completely open to finding real truth.
2) Seeking truth.
3) Having significant evidence that establishes that you really have found truth.

How very naive of you.

1. Ridicule
2. Opposition
3. Acceptance

It's not naive at all. In my quest for real truth, I haven't accepted Arthur Schopenhauer's version as it. Nor do I honestly believe there are only 3 steps, but was attempting to answer within your parameters.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
30-10-2012, 12:25 PM
(30-10-2012 12:20 PM)Impulse Wrote:  It's not naive at all. In my quest for real truth, I haven't accepted Arthur Schopenhauer's version as it. Nor do I honestly believe there are only 3 steps, but was attempting to answer within your parameters.

Real truth. Let me ask you two simple questions.

1. How does atheism help you and hinder you in the search for real truth?

2. How would theism help you and hinder you in the search for real truth?
30-10-2012, 12:36 PM
(30-10-2012 12:25 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 12:20 PM)Impulse Wrote:  It's not naive at all. In my quest for real truth, I haven't accepted Arthur Schopenhauer's version as it. Nor do I honestly believe there are only 3 steps, but was attempting to answer within your parameters.

Real truth. Let me ask you two simple questions.

1. How does atheism help you and hinder you in the search for real truth?

2. How would theism help you and hinder you in the search for real truth?

Either at least one god exists or none exists. That's the truth. Identifying which one is factual helps in finding real truth. Atheism and theism can both help in finding real truth and neither hinders it because both are part of the truth (the whole truth being that one is fact and the other is not).

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair