The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2011, 01:38 PM
RE: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
I think there was another thread opened to discuss the game ... oh well.
Any rumors on specifications ? I fear my machine is due at the nursing home.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2011, 11:41 AM
(25-01-2011 01:38 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Any rumors on specifications ?

I don't think so, not yet at least. It's been kept impressively hush hush so far. But if I were to speculate I'd say it'll be at least a bit heavier than Oblivion was. Judging from the screen shots they've released it looks a little better but I'm more worried about how much more hectic the combat system is going to be... There might be a lot going on and that might kill a few processors if your machine is particularly old Tongue

Although I'm merely speculating so who knows Tongue

27-01-2011, 03:06 PM
My machine isn't THAT old , but I still want to play the game at decent graphics rather than minimum settings and make it feel like I'm playing Elder Scrolls 1 : Arena Tongue
27-01-2011, 04:39 PM
I'd be willing to bet that if you can run Fallout New Vegas then you'll be able to run Skyrim Tongue

27-01-2011, 05:15 PM
You just made me VERY happy Big Grin
27-01-2011, 07:09 PM

I might upgrade my system just for this game ^_^ I can't wait!
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2011, 04:28 AM

If I still can install mods and the likes, I don't care about anything else.

I love games that allow me to build my own adventure.
And Skyrim looks awesome thus far.
Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2011, 03:16 PM
The dynamic lighting and environments have been made more realistic but the most exciting part, for me, is the change in the dialogue system. Now you do not just zoom in on someones head while they talk. They continue with tasks they were performing, chopping wood, cleaning, etc... The combat system has been improved so that the battles feel more realistic. Magic and weapons are now equipped to hands independently so you can duel wield swords, daggers, spells and swords, sword and shield and so on and so forth. Quests are now even specialized to your character. The game learns as you play so as you interact with NPCs they will give you quests, even if one of the quest giving NPCs dies another one will take their place to give you the quest. The quests are even tailored to your character so that if there is a place you have not visited an NPC may give you a quest that will involve that location. Needless to say I am pretty stoked about this game.

Evolve
30-03-2011, 07:45 PM
I can't think of many games I've put more hours into that The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

Oblivion and I never really clicked. However, I'm a huge fan of Fallout 3. I have high hopes for Skyrim.

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one
31-03-2011, 07:46 AM
(30-03-2011 07:45 PM)Michael Wrote:  I can't think of many games I've put more hours into that The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

Oblivion and I never really clicked. However, I'm a huge fan of Fallout 3. I have high hopes for Skyrim.

I never actually played morrowind but I may pick it up for cheap now. Oblivion and Fallout 3 are awesome but New Vegas is just so-so. The age of the engine and gameplay is really showing in New Vegas.

Evolve