The Electoral College

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
20-12-2016, 01:14 PM
RE: The Electoral College
(20-12-2016 12:50 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 09:50 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Have you put LDH on ignore yet?
I neither have nor am I planning to. I've encountered Holocaust deniers, religious zealots, loony conspiracy theorists and worse in the four years I've been on TTA, but GirlyMan is the only person to ever land on my ignore list and stay there for any notable amount of time. That should tell you all you need to know about how rotten someone's character has to be to be to end up there. It's a relief to know that I'll outlive Trump, Clinton, Bush, Cheney, GirlyMan and so on by several decades.

I think you're not innocent. Girly's a decent guy. You played games earlier in the year with your pretended Trump support, based on your behaviour its hard for anyone to tell if you're being sincere, for you to be judging anyone strikes me as a trifle rich.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
20-12-2016, 01:22 PM
(20-12-2016 12:11 PM)Vosur Wrote:  A simple Google search is all that was needed for you to find the Politifact article I referenced, the one that demonstrates that when Trump talks about the annual GDP growth rate, he is in fact talking about the GDP growth rate adjusted by inflation like every person who knows anything about economics whatsoever. You know, like a billionaire real estate magnate who received a bachelor's degree in economics from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, for instance.

And like all billionaire real estate magnate who received a bachelor's degree in economics from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania he uses the stats that suits his agenda the most. To criticise Obama, he will use the least flattering way to analyse stats and the opposite for him (just look at how he spins his blunders and failures). There is a reason why Disraeli and Twain used to say there is three types of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
20-12-2016, 01:31 PM
I don't know what is funnier, the fact trump won, or the fact more electors decided not to vote for Hillary instead of trump?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
20-12-2016, 01:36 PM
(20-12-2016 01:31 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I don't know what is funnier, the fact trump won, or the fact more electors decided not to vote for Hillary instead of trump?

The second thing is funny. The first one isn't.
20-12-2016, 01:57 PM
(20-12-2016 01:31 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I don't know what is funnier, the fact trump won, or the fact more electors decided not to vote for Hillary instead of trump?

I guess, since nobody gets it - they did so to show that they were protesting the results of the election in a non-partisan way.

They did it to show their conviction that the election was invalid regardless of who won.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
20-12-2016, 02:42 PM
(20-12-2016 01:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 12:50 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I neither have nor am I planning to. I've encountered Holocaust deniers, religious zealots, loony conspiracy theorists and worse in the four years I've been on TTA, but GirlyMan is the only person to ever land on my ignore list and stay there for any notable amount of time. That should tell you all you need to know about how rotten someone's character has to be to be to end up there. It's a relief to know that I'll outlive Trump, Clinton, Bush, Cheney, GirlyMan and so on by several decades.

I think you're not innocent. Girly's a decent guy. You played games earlier in the year with your pretended Trump support, based on your behaviour its hard for anyone to tell if you're being sincere, for you to be judging anyone strikes me as a trifle rich.

I like it better when he has me on ignore. It's fun to poke the pig with the stick without even an oink. Apparently the stick must've proved too much for his thin skin given his recent re-engagement. Turns out it's just as much fun to watch him oink and squeal. Big Grin

#sigh
20-12-2016, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2016 02:55 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-12-2016 12:11 PM)Vosur Wrote:  And yet even with all your alleged Ivy League education, ....

Johns Hopkins is not Ivy League Abitur dolt. I'd tell you to go back to school but apparently you didn't have the grades for it.

#sigh
20-12-2016, 02:47 PM
(20-12-2016 01:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  I think you're not innocent. Girly's a decent guy. You played games earlier in the year with your pretended Trump support, based on your behaviour its hard for anyone to tell if you're being sincere, for you to be judging anyone strikes me as a trifle rich.
That's fine, you don't have to like me or agree with my assessment of his character. I think that curiosity-driven deceptiveness is a minor character flaw at most, but that's only my opinion.

(20-12-2016 01:22 PM)epronovost Wrote:  And like all billionaire real estate magnate who received a bachelor's degree in economics from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania he uses the stats that suits his agenda the most. To criticise Obama, he will use the least flattering way to analyse stats and the opposite for him (just look at how he spins his blunders and failures). There is a reason why Disraeli and Twain used to say there is three types of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics.
There's a significant difference between analyzing data in more or less flattering ways and committing a blunder so obvious that even a college drop-out like me with no formal education in economics is able to spot it the moment a self-proclaimed intellectual like GirlyMan commits it (e.g. failing to use statistics that have been adjusted for inflation in a context where every economist worth his salt would do it). There is a reason why no media outlet with an expertise in finance has leveled the same criticism at Trump's policy goals that GirlyMan has.

I've read that she had the most faithless electors out of any presidential candidate in the past 100 years. "History made" indeed. Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
20-12-2016, 02:49 PM
(20-12-2016 02:47 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I've read that she had the most faithless electors out of any presidential candidate in the past 100 years. "History made" indeed. Laugh out load

Hillary shouldn't have even run. She should have known she would never be president when she lost in 08

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
20-12-2016, 02:56 PM
I doubt this could happen but it's an interesting idea. It would be different to see a presidential election that had to focus on the country as a whole instead of just the "battleground" states.

http://secondnexus.com/politics-and-econ...l-college/

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP