The Electoral College

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
20-12-2016, 03:00 PM
RE: The Electoral College
(20-12-2016 12:11 PM)Vosur Wrote:  And yet even with all your alleged Ivy League education, you are unable to perform the most basic forms of research and get your fat ass verbally kicked by me again and again as a result. How embarrassing.

If you were any damn good at it you'd have a job paying big bucks doing it you instead of worrying about the cost of cable now wouldn't you. I can tell you it pays very well. But alas, you have to go to school for that and they ddn't let you in.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2016, 03:14 PM
(20-12-2016 02:49 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 02:47 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I've read that she had the most faithless electors out of any presidential candidate in the past 100 years. "History made" indeed. Laugh out load

Hillary shouldn't have even run. She should have known she would never be president when she lost in 08

?????

So Nixon should never have bothered to run again after 1960? Or Reagan after failing to get the nomination in 1968 and again in 1976? And what were the Cubs thinking? They should have known they would never win a World Series after all those failures. Etc. ...
20-12-2016, 03:17 PM
(20-12-2016 03:14 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 02:49 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Hillary shouldn't have even run. She should have known she would never be president when she lost in 08

?????

So Nixon should never have bothered to run again after 1960? Or Reagan after failing to get the nomination in 1968 and again in 1976? And what were the Cubs thinking? They should have known they would never win a World Series after all those failures. Etc. ...

You're comparing two legendary people to Hillary Clinton. Of course they would win someday. People have brains and know a good candidate when they see it. Get it?

Ronald Reagan...good.
Richard Nixon...good.
Donald Trump...good.

Hillary Rotten Clinton...bad.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
20-12-2016, 03:21 PM
(20-12-2016 03:17 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 03:14 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  ?????

You're comparing two legendary people to Hillary Clinton. Of course they would win someday. People have brains and know a good candidate when they see it. Get it?

Ronald Reagan...good.
Richard Nixon...good.
Donald Trump...good.

Hillary Rotten Clinton...bad.

You can spin it however you want, I guess. I was really just pointing out the flaw in his logic. He didn't say Clinton lost because she was "bad". He said she should have known she would never win because she lost once in the past. That's bad logic, as my counterexamples show.

Also, note that I'm not a Cubs fan, and I think both Nixon and Reagan were "bad" presidents. I was looking at patterns, not people.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
20-12-2016, 03:42 PM
(20-12-2016 02:47 PM)Vosur Wrote:  There's a significant difference between analyzing data in more or less flattering ways and committing a blunder so obvious that even a college drop-out like me with no formal education in economics is able to spot it the moment a self-proclaimed intellectual like GirlyMan commits it (e.g. failing to use statistics that have been adjusted for inflation in a context where every economist worth his salt would do it). There is a reason why no media outlet with an expertise in finance has leveled the same criticism at Trump's policy goals that GirlyMan has.

The big problem with your criticism of GirlyMan is that it misses completly his critique of Trumps economical plan AKA that there is no way he can fail it, unless a new economical crisis of the level of the 2007 happens. By using the same sort of stats he produced a very different narrative. Trump can and will use either meaning that his 3.5% growth is a useless promise and can be used with just as much accuracy to describe two very different economical situation. It also doesn't mention if the that 3.5% growth is going to be the year average or the year peak which is also very important and either can be used.

Media and financial analyst haven't the same criticism at Trump's claim than GirlyMan for two reasons. The first ones is that the claim is perfect on paper and very consistent with all economical political platform of the last three decades. It's so normal and vague it's barely worth mentionning. The second reason is media saturation. Basically mainstream media were so busy talking about Trump's outlandish plans like his wall, his personnal blunders, twitter feuds and Hillary's email scandals that very little in depth analysis of their respective economical plans, both promising pretty much the same level of growth (a little bit less for Clinton), were made.

Or, if you prefer to have it in very simple terms and in an ad hominem (no disrespect truly intended) way, you are very sharp indeed Vosur, but you sometime lack depth.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
20-12-2016, 04:58 PM
(20-12-2016 02:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I like it better when he has me on ignore. It's fun to poke the pig with the stick without even an oink. Apparently the stick must've proved too much for his thin skin given his recent re-engagement. Turns out it's just as much fun to watch him oink and squeal. Big Grin
The only reason I was able to read your post before I took you off ignore is because DLJ quoted it, but an ignoramus like you wouldn't know that. That being said, thanks for proving my point about your rotten character. You're a sadist who thrives on seeing people suffer. You seem like the type who goes home after a shitty day at work and beats his wife and kids as a way to vent his anger - or just for the fun of it. Chances are your family will be as relieved as I am when you finally kick the bucket.

(20-12-2016 02:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Johns Hopkins is not Ivy League Abitur dolt. I'd tell you to go back to school but apparently you didn't have the grades for it.
(20-12-2016 03:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  If you were any damn good at it you'd have a job paying big bucks doing it you instead of worrying about the cost of cable now wouldn't you. I can tell you it pays very well. But alas, you have to go to school for that and they ddn't let you in.

Just look at you, you're so upset about getting your ass kicked by a lowly college dropout that you forgot both how to spell common words and how to form simple sentences in English. Maybe you should take a break from posting until you are able to read contrarian views without throwing an incoherent temper tantrum and shitting your adult diapers. Heck, you don't even know how to insult people well. Bill Gates, the richest man in the world, dropped out of college after only two years. The same goes for many other great business figures. You think your elitist remarks bother me one bit when I'm in the company of people like him? You don't even know how much money I make or where my career is headed. You don't know what I had to do to escape the poverty I grew up in and what kind of risks I had to take to get where I am today. I'm proud of what I have accomplished and nothing you say can take away from that pride. I'll still be here, going strong, decades after you're dead. I can't help that you're so bitter about that.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
20-12-2016, 07:44 PM
(20-12-2016 02:56 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I doubt this could happen but it's an interesting idea. It would be different to see a presidential election that had to focus on the country as a whole instead of just the "battleground" states.

http://secondnexus.com/politics-and-econ...l-college/

It would be a great idea. Democracy comes to America.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
20-12-2016, 08:41 PM
(20-12-2016 03:14 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 02:49 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Hillary shouldn't have even run. She should have known she would never be president when she lost in 08

?????

Yeah but hillary was an unlikeable cunt from the getgo. Nixon became a unlikeable cunt after he ran, and regan is only a unlikeable cunt of you are left leaning.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
20-12-2016, 08:54 PM
Lord Dick Helmet must have a REALLY shitty life. He thinks the messiah has arrived and is about to take him to paradise. I've always said, it really doesn't matter much who the president is. The basic long-term trends of history are not in the control of politicians. Yet we see Dick Helmet pissing himself in glee that his MESSIAH has arrived, and will take him to political and cultural heaven. He BELIEVES in the messiah. Very very firmly. (of course he's never studied History). Guess what ? There is no messiah. No politician is taking anyone anywhere.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-12-2016, 08:59 PM
(20-12-2016 08:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Lord Dick Helmet must have a REALLY shitty life. He thinks the messiah has arrived and is about to take him to paradise. I've always said, it really doesn't matter much who the president is. The basic long-term trends of history are not in the control of politicians. Yet we see Dick Helmet pissing himself in glee that his MESSIAH has arrived, and will take him to political and cultural heaven. He BELIEVES in the messiah. Very very firmly. (of course he's never studied History). Guess what ? There is no messiah. No politician is taking anyone anywhere.

Then explain this photograph of messiah god emperor trump slaying the demonic hoard's dark lord.

[Image: 5459704-sw5i5qu.jpg]