The Electoral College

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
20-12-2016, 08:59 PM
RE: The Electoral College
(20-12-2016 08:41 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 03:14 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  ?????

So Nixon should never have bothered to run again after 1960? Or Reagan after failing to get the nomination in 1968 and again in 1976? And what were the Cubs thinking? They should have known they would never win a World Series after all those failures. Etc. ...

Yeah but hillary was an unlikeable cunt from the getgo. Nixon became a unlikeable cunt after he ran, and regan is only a unlikeable cunt of you are left leaning.

Nixon was not liked by a lot of people before he was elected. He fell into the office through a freaky series of events that allowed him to almost slip into the presidency. Kennedy's assassination, Johnson's decision not to re-run for office in 1967, Robert Kennedy's assassination, the split in the democratic party...these events made a difference for Nixon. He was not a very liked man but it was nothing like the hatred people feel towards donald trump.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2016, 09:03 PM
(20-12-2016 08:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 08:41 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Yeah but hillary was an unlikeable cunt from the getgo. Nixon became a unlikeable cunt after he ran, and regan is only a unlikeable cunt of you are left leaning.

Nixon was not liked by a lot of people before he was elected. He fell into the office through a freaky series of events that allowed him to almost slip into the presidency. Kennedy's assassination, Johnson's decision not to re-run for office in 1967, Robert Kennedy's assassination, the split in the democratic party...these events made a difference for Nixon. He was not a very liked man but it was nothing like the hatred people feel towards donald trump.

Or hillary. Fuck even her electors didn't like her. Sorry mate, but hillary is a cunt. Only plus side people see in president Clinton was the whole 1st president with a vagina shtick

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
20-12-2016, 09:34 PM
(20-12-2016 09:03 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 08:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Nixon was not liked by a lot of people before he was elected. He fell into the office through a freaky series of events that allowed him to almost slip into the presidency. Kennedy's assassination, Johnson's decision not to re-run for office in 1967, Robert Kennedy's assassination, the split in the democratic party...these events made a difference for Nixon. He was not a very liked man but it was nothing like the hatred people feel towards donald trump.

Or hillary. Fuck even her electors didn't like her. Sorry mate, but hillary is a cunt. Only plus side people see in president Clinton was the whole 1st president with a vagina shtick

I'm responding to your comment that Nixon wasn't liked before the election. This isn't true. Nixon was not a well liked man before he was elected. However, he was not as despised, loathed and condemned at the beginning of his presidency the way trump is today.

Trump certainly won the electoral vote but lost by almost 3 million votes. That's 3 million more people walking around this country that didn't vote for him, don't like him and think he's just a big huge hemorrhoid. It's the largest discrepancy in the electoral vote vs popular vote ever. He has no mandate, unless he overrides the US Constitution and becomes a dictator and with his fucked up egocentric, narcissistic, Mussolini style personality I wouldn't put it past him.

20-12-2016, 09:40 PM
(20-12-2016 09:34 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 09:03 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Or hillary. Fuck even her electors didn't like her. Sorry mate, but hillary is a cunt. Only plus side people see in president Clinton was the whole 1st president with a vagina shtick

I'm responding to your comment that Nixon wasn't liked before the election. This isn't true. Nixon was not a well liked man before he was elected. However, he was not as despised, loathed and condemned at the beginning of his presidency the way trump is today.

Trump certainly won the electoral vote but lost by almost 3 million votes. That's 3 million more people walking around this country that didn't vote for him, don't like him and think he's just a big huge hemorrhoid. It's the largest discrepancy in the electoral vote vs popular vote ever. He has no mandate, unless he overrides the US Constitution and becomes a dictator and with his fucked up egocentric, narcissistic, Mussolini style personality I wouldn't put it past him.

Keep in mind that most people who voted for both of them didn't like either. So it could be possible that hillary won more votes, but her voters didn't like her as much as trumps voters liked him. But I see your point.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
20-12-2016, 09:51 PM
(20-12-2016 09:40 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 09:34 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm responding to your comment that Nixon wasn't liked before the election. This isn't true. Nixon was not a well liked man before he was elected. However, he was not as despised, loathed and condemned at the beginning of his presidency the way trump is today.

Keep in mind that most people who voted for both of them didn't like either. So it could be possible that hillary won more votes, but her voters didn't like her as much as trumps voters liked him. But I see your point.

Trump was only elected by 25% of the voting public. The lowest percentage ever. For those who voted for him, have fun worshiping Putin's good friend though. Putin and trump will both love you for it. But watch out, trump is very much like the biblical god, he's ok if you worship him but has a hissy-fit like a 5 year old when a voter rejects him. That's because he has a textbook case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. He should be medicated, under observation and never in a million years should he be sitting in the Oval Office.

20-12-2016, 10:03 PM
(20-12-2016 09:51 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 09:40 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Keep in mind that most people who voted for both of them didn't like either. So it could be possible that hillary won more votes, but her voters didn't like her as much as trumps voters liked him. But I see your point.

Trump was only elected by 25% of the voting public. The lowest percentage ever. For those who voted for him, have fun worshiping Putin's good friend though. Putin and trump will both love you for it. But watch out, trump is very much like the biblical god, he's ok if you worship him but has a hissy-fit like a 5 year old when a voter rejects him. That's because he has a textbook case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. He should be medicated, under observation and never in a million years should he be sitting in the Oval Office.

Trump benefits me the same way brexit does, it fucks with abe shinzo. I could care less about either of those things past that.

20-12-2016, 10:56 PM
(20-12-2016 09:51 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 09:40 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Keep in mind that most people who voted for both of them didn't like either. So it could be possible that hillary won more votes, but her voters didn't like her as much as trumps voters liked him. But I see your point.

Bill Clinton was elected in 1992 with 43% of the popular vote, and that didn't bother him any. Turnout that year was 55.2%, making his percentage of support among the voting public 23.7%, so your claim is factually wrong about Trump having the lowest percentage. That also didn't make Clinton any less legitimate or prevent him from winning reelection. Not drawing any parallels between Trump and Bill Clinton, but there is no reason to assume Trump will fail because of lack of popular support.

Trump's personality and character traits, on the other hand, may be his downfall. That said, he has shown a capacity to allow himself to be reigned in (at least in the short term) when that is to his benefit. I would not mis-underestimate Trump. That is precisely how he won his party nomination, and then won the election.
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
20-12-2016, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2016 11:15 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
(20-12-2016 09:03 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Only plus side people see in president Clinton was the whole 1st president with a vagina shtick

Uh, no. There are clear differences between Hillary's rhetoric and Trump's rhetoric. Most people preferred Hillary's rhetoric. Also, they saw Hillary as more pro-diversity and whatnot rather than Trump. Obvious.
20-12-2016, 11:43 PM
(20-12-2016 10:56 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 09:51 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Trump was only elected by 25% of the voting public. The lowest percentage ever. For those who voted for him, have fun worshiping Putin's good friend though. Putin and trump will both love you for it. But watch out, trump is very much like the biblical god, he's ok if you worship him but has a hissy-fit like a 5 year old when a voter rejects him. That's because he has a textbook case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. He should be medicated, under observation and never in a million years should he be sitting in the Oval Office.

Bill Clinton was elected in 1992 with 43% of the popular vote, and that didn't bother him any. Turnout that year was 55.2%, making his percentage of support among the voting public 23.7%, so your claim is factually wrong about Trump having the lowest percentage. That also didn't make Clinton any less legitimate or prevent him from winning reelection. Not drawing any parallels between Trump and Bill Clinton, but there is no reason to assume Trump will fail because of lack of popular support.

Trump's personality and character traits, on the other hand, may be his downfall. That said, he has shown a capacity to allow himself to be reigned in (at least in the short term) when that is to his benefit. I would not mis-underestimate Trump. That is precisely how he won his party nomination, and then won the election.

trumps claim that he won the electoral votes by a landslide, this is another one of his pathological lies and fabrications he tells just like the thousands of Muslims he claimed he saw and heard celebrating 9/11 in New Jersey. Liar.

When compared to all other elections trump ranks 46th out of 58 in terms of winning the electoral vote. He's down between JFK and Harry Truman. This election only 55 % of the voting public voted. In 2008 it was 64%. Your orange guy is in for some bad times with a whole shit load of people who didn't vote at all. These are the voters who didn't like either candidate and remember, it wasn't just Clinton they hated, they hated trump too. He's mentally sick and should never be in the presidency. He truly is unfit to be president.

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
20-12-2016, 11:51 PM
I'm sick of the noise.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post