The Electoral College

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
21-12-2016, 04:41 AM
RE: The Electoral College
(20-12-2016 02:47 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 01:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  I think you're not innocent. Girly's a decent guy. You played games earlier in the year with your pretended Trump support, based on your behaviour its hard for anyone to tell if you're being sincere, for you to be judging anyone strikes me as a trifle rich.
That's fine, you don't have to like me or agree with my assessment of his character. I think that curiosity-driven deceptiveness is a minor character flaw at most, but that's only my opinion.
I'm not sure any more Vos. You're so goddamn aggro sometimes. It bugs the hell out of me. When you did the Trump bullshit dance your character seemed to change so radically that I felt like I hardly knew you any more, then you said your sorrys and carried on, but you seem to have retained your fascination with right-wing politics and other stuff such as your anti-abortion stance, as well as your ability to make snide remarks. It makes me think that you hid your real thoughts and just played liberal for a time, and that really you mostly think like Gilgamesh or the other far right weirdos. You were our friend and then you abused that trust. You think it's minor but I can't forget it easily.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2016, 04:50 AM
(21-12-2016 04:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 02:47 PM)Vosur Wrote:  That's fine, you don't have to like me or agree with my assessment of his character. I think that curiosity-driven deceptiveness is a minor character flaw at most, but that's only my opinion.
I'm not sure any more Vos. You're so goddamn aggro sometimes. It bugs the hell out of me. When you did the Trump bullshit dance your character seemed to change so radically that I felt like I hardly knew you any more, then you said your sorrys and carried on, but you seem to have retained your fascination with right-wing politics and other stuff such as your anti-abortion stance, as well as your ability to make snide remarks. It makes me think that you hid your real thoughts and just played liberal for a time, and that really you mostly think like Gilgamesh or the other far right weirdos. You were our friend and then you abused that trust. You think it's minor but I can't forget it easily.

Stop trying to emotionally manipulate him you cuck.

Also fucking lol at asserting that snide remarks are right-wing politics.

Also I'm not far right. My politics are liberal right-then-left-jiggling anime tiddies. But for real; I'm, by definition, a social liberal. It just so happens that most social liberals, being humans, are retarded and so I disagree with them all the time.
21-12-2016, 04:59 AM
(21-12-2016 04:50 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Stop trying to emotionally manipulate him you cuck.

Also I'm not far right. My politics are liberal right-then-left-jiggling anime tiddies. But for real; I'm, by definition, a social liberal. It just so happens that most social liberals, being humans, are retarded and so I disagree with them all the time.

Kindly go fuck yourself.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
21-12-2016, 05:17 AM
(21-12-2016 04:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(21-12-2016 04:50 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Stop trying to emotionally manipulate him you cuck.

Kindly go fuck yourself.

Stay mad, faggot.
21-12-2016, 08:12 AM

It's a bit conflicting to unironically use the alt-right term "cuck" when you claim your political leanings are "left". So far you've appeared to be alt-right.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
21-12-2016, 08:17 AM
(21-12-2016 08:12 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  

It's a bit conflicting to unironically use the alt-right term "cuck" when you claim your political leanings are "left". So far you've appeared to be alt-right.

Who says I'm using it unironically? Also a term knows no political spheres. It's a fucking word, cuck.
21-12-2016, 08:27 AM
(21-12-2016 08:17 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(21-12-2016 08:12 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  It's a bit conflicting to unironically use the alt-right term "cuck" when you claim your political leanings are "left". So far you've appeared to be alt-right.

Who says I'm using it unironically? Also a term knows no political spheres. It's a fucking word, cuck.

Yeah well, it *is* ironic that you use it, 'cos I'd wager you've not yet managed to kiss a real live girl.

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
21-12-2016, 08:53 AM
(20-12-2016 11:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 10:56 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Bill Clinton was elected in 1992 with 43% of the popular vote, and that didn't bother him any. Turnout that year was 55.2%, making his percentage of support among the voting public 23.7%, so your claim is factually wrong about Trump having the lowest percentage. That also didn't make Clinton any less legitimate or prevent him from winning reelection. Not drawing any parallels between Trump and Bill Clinton, but there is no reason to assume Trump will fail because of lack of popular support.

Trump's personality and character traits, on the other hand, may be his downfall. That said, he has shown a capacity to allow himself to be reigned in (at least in the short term) when that is to his benefit. I would not mis-underestimate Trump. That is precisely how he won his party nomination, and then won the election.

trumps claim that he won the electoral votes by a landslide, this is another one of his pathological lies and fabrications he tells just like the thousands of Muslims he claimed he saw and heard celebrating 9/11 in New Jersey. Liar.

When compared to all other elections trump ranks 46th out of 58 in terms of winning the electoral vote. He's down between JFK and Harry Truman. This election only 55 % of the voting public voted. In 2008 it was 64%. Your orange guy is in for some bad times with a whole shit load of people who didn't vote at all. These are the voters who didn't like either candidate and remember, it wasn't just Clinton they hated, they hated trump too. He's mentally sick and should never be in the presidency. He truly is unfit to be president.

His Electoral College victory was borderline landslide though. Further evidence for how out of sync the Electoral College is with what actual voters want.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
21-12-2016, 12:50 PM
(21-12-2016 08:53 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 11:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  trumps claim that he won the electoral votes by a landslide, this is another one of his pathological lies and fabrications he tells just like the thousands of Muslims he claimed he saw and heard celebrating 9/11 in New Jersey. Liar.

When compared to all other elections trump ranks 46th out of 58 in terms of winning the electoral vote. He's down between JFK and Harry Truman. This election only 55 % of the voting public voted. In 2008 it was 64%. Your orange guy is in for some bad times with a whole shit load of people who didn't vote at all. These are the voters who didn't like either candidate and remember, it wasn't just Clinton they hated, they hated trump too. He's mentally sick and should never be in the presidency. He truly is unfit to be president.

His Electoral College victory was borderline landslide though. Further evidence for how out of sync the Electoral College is with what actual voters want.

I think the Electoral College does serve a purpose. With all the haranguing about the popular vote, it is also worth noting that California alone comprises the entirety of Clinton's margin in the popular vote and then some. In other words, if California was not part of the union, Trump would have easily won both the popular vote and the electoral vote. One large state should matter more than a small state, but not in a way that it is the only state that matters in a national election.
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
21-12-2016, 12:58 PM
This is how it would look.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post