The Electoral College

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
19-12-2016, 10:12 AM
RE: The Electoral College
(14-12-2016 04:25 PM)KUSA Wrote:  [Image: d8fa126cce0b66c7fa1d32fbea49d4af.png]

Even if Russia uncovered some Clinton shenanigans, were they not true? If they are true then the people should know about it.

[Image: 20ka92h.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2016, 10:14 AM
There might be some protests but in the end, the people are going to lay down and accept anything the US government does.

If the electoral college or the House puts someone else in power and as a result, the electoral college is removed from politics, then popular vote becomes rule or should become rule.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
19-12-2016, 10:18 AM
(19-12-2016 09:55 AM)tomilay Wrote:  "Look, Alexander Hamilton conceived of the Electoral College and the founding fathers as a buffer against democracy run amok, as a safe guard against someone who was unsuited for the office to take the office. But it's never been used in the history of our republic,” Axelrod said Monday morning on CNN’s “New Day.” “To have it happen now, despite the fact that Hillary Clinton won the popular vote and all that's swirling around with Russia and so on, I believe would split the country apart in a really destructive way and it would set this mad cycle in which every election the electoral college vote would be in question.”

The question is, is the potential fall-out from having a buffoon like Trump running the country into the ground more than the fall-out described? Speaking from experience, if you've identified a snake, rather kill it. Everyone knew that Zuma was bad news before he ever got into office, even his apologists had to resort to saying things like "lets give him a chance". Same with Trump.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-12-2016, 10:51 AM
(15-12-2016 08:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  1808 — Six electors refuse to support James Madison, as their party instructs, choosing instead to vote for his opponent, George Clinton.

Damn, I didn't know the Mothership could travel time!

[Image: xepwrr.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
19-12-2016, 10:54 AM
(15-12-2016 08:47 PM)BryanS Wrote:  You failed to grasp my criticism. Just months ago, anyone suggesting challenging hypothetical election results whereby Clinton won were immediately branded as unpatriotic. Were you one of those people who levied that criticism of Trump?

Apparently you're unable to understand the difference between legal and illegal means of challenging election results.
19-12-2016, 10:58 AM
(19-12-2016 10:18 AM)morondog Wrote:  ...
Trump running the country into the ground

You say this like it's a bad thing.

If these people can't put sensible people in charge of a Death Star, they don't deserve to own one.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
19-12-2016, 11:03 AM
(19-12-2016 10:58 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(19-12-2016 10:18 AM)morondog Wrote:  ...
Trump running the country into the ground

You say this like it's a bad thing.

If these people can't put sensible people in charge of a Death Star, they don't deserve to own one.

Drinking Beverage

You ever been to Zim? If Bob could have been prevented from his actions everyone there would have a standard of living comparable to wealthy nations by now. Well I say that but who knows? But the fact remains, he took something that was working and broke it. Trump is similar.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-12-2016, 11:04 AM
(19-12-2016 10:51 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Damn, I didn't know the Mothership could travel time!

Play it Bootsy.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-12-2016, 11:16 AM
(19-12-2016 10:54 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(15-12-2016 08:47 PM)BryanS Wrote:  You failed to grasp my criticism. Just months ago, anyone suggesting challenging hypothetical election results whereby Clinton won were immediately branded as unpatriotic. Were you one of those people who levied that criticism of Trump?

Apparently you're unable to understand the difference between legal and illegal means of challenging election results.

Well, then, Mr smarty pants. Please do tell me what illegal means of challenging the results of an election were employed by or proposed by Trump?

You can't, because Trump never actually proposed anything specific that he would do--only that he may not accept and may decide to challenge the results of the election. For that, he was called unpatriotic, and you are calling him criminal. Are you a criminal for not accepting the results of the election then? Or is it only a crime for Trump to contemplate taking that stance. Please elucidate your legal view of when thought crimes should apply to candidates for the president of the US.

You can argue that Trump shouldn't be president, and you can even advocate that the electoral college take your point of view into account when they cast their electoral college votes. However you cannot dispel my charge of rank hypocrisy among the left who called Trump unpatriotic for suggesting he may challenge the outcome of the election and then turn around and do the same thing.
19-12-2016, 11:21 AM
(19-12-2016 11:16 AM)BryanS Wrote:  
(19-12-2016 10:54 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Apparently you're unable to understand the difference between legal and illegal means of challenging election results.

Well, then, Mr smarty pants. Please do tell me what illegal means of challenging the results of an election were employed by or proposed by Trump?

You can't, because Trump never actually proposed anything specific that he would do--only that he may not accept and may decide to challenge the results of the election. For that, he was called unpatriotic, and you are calling him criminal. Are you a criminal for not accepting the results of the election then? Or is it only a crime for Trump to contemplate taking that stance. Please elucidate your legal view of when thought crimes should apply to candidates for the president of the US.

You can argue that Trump shouldn't be president, and you can even advocate that the electoral college take your point of view into account when they cast their electoral college votes. However you cannot dispel my charge of rank hypocrisy among the left who called Trump unpatriotic for suggesting he may challenge the outcome of the election and then turn around and do the same thing.

What are you, Mr Stupid Pants? The electoral vote is part of the legal process. It is entirely different from Trump's implication, like some third world banana republic dictator, that the only way the outcome of the election could be legitimate would be if he won.

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post