The Electoral College

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
19-12-2016, 03:50 PM
RE: The Electoral College
(19-12-2016 03:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-12-2016 02:39 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Oh wow, seven Democratic electors have not voted for Clinton so far. Still 0 on the Republican side.

I mentioned this would happen. They're doing on some sense of principle that the system itself doesn't work.

Which I think is all kinds of dumb. They should say they don't want to do it, quit and let the governors in the states pick new people.

Don't misunderstand me I believe the electoral college idea needs to go. This just isn't the way to fight it.

If I was one of them, I would do something too, if I could think of anything. Not voting for Clinton shows that it is not meant to be partisan.

I really think they should have been allowed to see some reports on the Russian interference. They are the last stop on the road for approval and they have not only the right, but the need to know.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2016, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2016 04:45 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
Well, Trump just passed 270.

It's official.

Get used to it.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/12/19/us/...-vote.html

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/....html?_r=0

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
19-12-2016, 04:45 PM
(19-12-2016 04:38 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Well, Trump just passed 270.

It's official.

Get used to it

You still don't seem to get it do you, LDH? You're as childish as trump. Him winning the election or electoral college or anything else for that matter, doesn't mean it's a good thing for this country or this planet.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
19-12-2016, 04:51 PM
(19-12-2016 04:45 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

It's official.

Get used to it

You still don't seem to get it do you, LDH? You're as childish as trump. Him winning the election or electoral college or anything else for that matter, doesn't mean it's a good thing for this country or this planet.

I disagree. He has some great ideas.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
19-12-2016, 04:57 PM
(19-12-2016 04:51 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(19-12-2016 04:45 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You still don't seem to get it do you, LDH? You're as childish as trump. Him winning the election or electoral college or anything else for that matter, doesn't mean it's a good thing for this country or this planet.

Sure, I'll grant that he has a few good ideas, maybe even "great" ones -- along with a lot of shitty ones. And he can't seem to make up his mind which are which. I really hope he turns out to be good for the country -- because the alternative scares the shit out of me. If he's bad, he's gonna be really bad.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
19-12-2016, 04:59 PM

It's official.

Get used to it.

Banana_zorro

#sigh
19-12-2016, 05:00 PM
(19-12-2016 04:51 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(19-12-2016 04:45 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You still don't seem to get it do you, LDH? You're as childish as trump. Him winning the election or electoral college or anything else for that matter, doesn't mean it's a good thing for this country or this planet.

Tweets about Vanity Fair and SNL don't count as great ideas.

He has one of the lowest election turnouts in history. Only 25% of the voting public voted for him. His approval rating already is the lowest of any recent president coming into office. He is starting off as one of the most hated, loathed and utterly despised presidents ever and it's not going to get any better.

You better get used to it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
19-12-2016, 05:15 PM

It's official.

Get used to it.

Not quite sure why you're celebrating the fact that you just lost the electoral college vote. Consider

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
19-12-2016, 05:33 PM
(19-12-2016 03:50 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-12-2016 03:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I mentioned this would happen. They're doing on some sense of principle that the system itself doesn't work.

Which I think is all kinds of dumb. They should say they don't want to do it, quit and let the governors in the states pick new people.

Don't misunderstand me I believe the electoral college idea needs to go. This just isn't the way to fight it.

If I was one of them, I would do something too, if I could think of anything. Not voting for Clinton shows that it is not meant to be partisan.

I really think they should have been allowed to see some reports on the Russian interference. They are the last stop on the road for approval and they have not only the right, but the need to know.

Their feet are in mud. Republicans will use their defection to spin it and that's all that matters.

They won. America lost. In four years we get to do it all again.

I'm tired of the shit.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-12-2016, 05:46 PM
(19-12-2016 05:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-12-2016 03:50 PM)Dom Wrote:  If I was one of them, I would do something too, if I could think of anything. Not voting for Clinton shows that it is not meant to be partisan.

In four years we get to do it all again.

I have little faith in that. Emperor Trump and his trumplings will pull out all the stops....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man