The Elephant In The Living Room-Documentary

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2012, 07:35 PM
The Elephant In The Living Room-Documentary
I just got done watching this 2010 documentary: The Elephant In The Living Room.

I didn't want to put this in the "Rate a Movie" thread because I think there's potential discussion about the topic this documentary covers.

Here's a blurb from the wikis of the webz:

Plot

Praised by critics as one of the best films of the year, The Elephant in the Living Room takes viewers on a journey deep inside the controversial American subculture of raising the most dangerous animals in the world, as common household pets. Set against the backdrop of a heated national debate, director Michael Webber chronicles the extraordinary story of two men at the heart of the issue – Tim Harrison, an Ohio police officer whose friend was killed by an exotic pet; and Terry Brumfield, a big-hearted man who struggles to raise two African lions that he loves like his own family. In the first of many unexpected twists, the lives of these two men collide when Terry’s male lion escapes its pen and is found attacking cars on a nearby highway.

I found it streaming on Netflix. It's probably available through all the other normal DVD sources.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
25-08-2012, 09:08 PM
RE: The Elephant In The Living Room-Documentary
Yes, I saw this but didn't rent it. It looks good but I'll have to be in a mood for it.

I have a hard time watching this stuff. I know people mean well, but it's just ignorant to even think a wild animal would be anything like a "pet". I always end up being sorry for the animal when it rips a human to shreds... what the fuck did they expect?

It's good to know there are rescue programs for these animals... they have to be taught to be their natural selves. Deconversion anyone? Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post