The Elites of the forum are conspiring against Ron Paul and my freedom of speech.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2012, 03:49 PM
RE: The Elites of the forum are conspiring against Ron Paul and my freedom of speech.
(24-02-2012 02:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-02-2012 02:49 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(24-02-2012 02:31 PM)Observer Wrote:  
(24-02-2012 02:29 PM)kineo Wrote:  I think Ron Paul's policy is to focus on our nation and stop mingling in the business of others'.

He has my vote

If it weren't for his other policies, then I could get behind him, especially on this issue.

What other issues?

I oppose Ron Paul on abortion, his ideas on education (his opposition to public schools), his opposition to federal aid in higher education, his stance on health care (I believe health care is a right and should be available to all citizens), his stance on civil rights. Basically I don't like his social policy.

And I'm not sure I agree economically, but I probably would need to research more. I don't think deregulation is a good thing- and I'm under the impression that Ron Paul wants to remove many regulations on companies and kill/defund agencies like the EPA and FDA. I think publicly shared corporations will always try to squeeze as much profits as they can regardless of the impact on the environment and society- I think that these agencies are a necessary tool to protect people. They could likely use some overhaul to cost less and be more efficient. I realize that I'm arguing from a position of some ignorance in regards to his economic policy though, as I haven't really looked into it that much. His social ideals differ so much from mine that it's enough to look elsewhere for a place to put my vote.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kineo's post
24-02-2012, 03:52 PM
RE: The Elites of the forum are conspiring against Ron Paul and my freedom of speech.
(24-02-2012 03:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-02-2012 03:09 PM)Observer Wrote:  
(24-02-2012 02:57 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(24-02-2012 02:45 PM)Observer Wrote:  Does he has a vision on environmental issues?

http://grist.org/politics/paul1/

Kind of an older article. Not my favorite of his policies but I'm willing to see if it'll work.

hm...

Nice read, skeptical dog. I vote for Ron Paul in the primary because it gives me a woodie to vote for a politician that is still principled. (My state has closed primaries so that woodie is the only reason I'm still a registered Republican.) I would never vote for him in the general and he'd be a disastrous President. He's principled all right, but his principles are stuck in the 19th century.

(24-02-2012 03:27 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Basically, instead of the EPA policing and enforcing environmental laws written by Congress, individual states and property owners will enforce them via the court system.

Yeah, since the individual States and property owners can afford better lawyers and all. But we probably need to put the fire on the river out first before we start worrying about compensatory damages.
[Image: cuyahoga_fire650.jpg]

I don't have sufficient knowledge of the details of his environmental policy to argue with you. I'm confident though, that as intelligent as he is and how solid so many of his other policies are that his environmental policy will be nothing short of spectacular. But even if is isn't, I'll take 4 or 8 years of bad environmental policy for a booming economy, smaller government, and the best foreign policy we've seen in 50+ years.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
24-02-2012, 03:53 PM
(24-02-2012 03:42 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  http://grist.org/politics/paul1/
Oh, speaking of which.. isn't the president supposed to follow orders as executive branch and maybe give advice on law, but not really to make law? That isn't a crack on RP, rather on the entire process. They make promises, but only the legislation can really carry them out if they are laws to be made, so aren't they really promises that they aren't going to do their jobs and are going to do the jobs of other branches? Maybe there needs to be a discussion on this.

That's how it's *supposed* to work. It hasn't worked that way since.........think think........I'mma go with, like Buchanan. Presidential power has been exploited since Jefferson, and its auspices have vastly expanded under the 20th century. In part, it's because presidents can do things that are hard to undo, and in part it's because the president is the leader of his party, which means party line democrats/republicans do what he says. And these days it seems like it's a 50/50 chance his party has control of Congress.

Yeah, campaign promises are shit.
[+] 2 users Like rook2004's post
24-02-2012, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2012 04:13 PM by germanyt.)
(24-02-2012 03:53 PM)rook2004 Wrote:  Presidential power has been exploited since Jefferson, and its auspices have vastly expanded under the 20th century.

Ron Paul would be happy to severly restrict the power and reach of the President. Even his own presidency.
Just found this forum.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forum.php

I will check on the word concerning the EPA as soon as they activate my account. I've heard Ron Paul say that the EPA is not a hot button topic for him or his administration but I'm not sure, in the long term how he'd handle it's dismantling or the issue behind how individuals are expected to fight court battles with large corporations.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
25-02-2012, 04:03 PM
As a British person I think Ron Paul would be a much better president for America to have. Certainly much better than Obama.

Obviously I don't give a damn about his home policies, but I like his foreign policies. :3

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
25-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Never trust a man with two first names.

Just sayin'.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
27-02-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm working on an answer regarding the EPA and environment.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread....istration.

-Mark Twain
01-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Hey G, when you are speaking of these so called elites, you do realize you are putting a huge label on people that would get lost in the woods without a GPS/phone. Just sayin!

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2012, 05:32 PM
You know , they said Obama would be a savior.
A lot of people are saying the same about Ron Paul.
I honestly hope the guy works out for you because given his view on LGBT rights , taxes , evolution , church and state although you might get some disgusting legislation that infringes on your individual liberties torn down , and although you may stop wasting time in wars abroad , your country may not be the same.
As for you being censored , "Ron Paul 2012" is like a bad add that i am honestly getting sick off.
Go vote for the guy and stop showing his name in my face already.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
03-03-2012, 03:08 AM
(01-03-2012 08:06 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  Hey G, when you are speaking of these so called elites, you do realize you are putting a huge label on people that would get lost in the woods without a GPS/phone. Just sayin!
We are the elite because we can do THIS...
[Image: Weird-Fingers.gif]

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 2 users Like Observer's post