The Empathic Civilisation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2011, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2011 04:48 PM by GirlyMan.)
The Empathic Civilisation
So I was doing some sociology literature searches to further explore the question Ghost is asking over in his Questioning an Assumption thread and while reading about Lenski's Ecological-Evolutionary theory there was this link to an excellent video by Jeremy Rifkin. While it's certainly relevant to the question Ghost is asking, it doesn't directly answer it so I put it in a separate thread.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-10-2011, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2011 05:12 PM by Ghost.)
RE: The Empathic Civilisation
I've loved that video for a very long time. Thanks, GirlyMan.

ON EDIT: Lenski is fucking gonzo man. Far out. I was loving it. He shits the bed in a few places, but he was spot on about a number of mechanisms. Wild.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
07-10-2011, 07:16 PM
That was a great video, and now that guy has a new subscriber. He makes some great points and with some amazing cartoon work. I find it funny as an ex artist that great cartoonists always draw "backwards" to how I would do it. I guess that's why I'm an ex artist lol.

Also on a side note I love how this site has members that not only drive us to research more, and learn, but members who feel that drive, to want to learn. You guys are great.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2011, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2011 08:21 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-10-2011 04:46 PM)Ghost Wrote:  He shits the bed in a few places, ...

I'm seriously considering a metaphysical Depends so that I only shit myself and my bed stays clean. ... Nah, I'm just shittin' you.

Peace and Love and Empathy, Matt. I mean ... what the hell else we got?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.