The Empathy Booth.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2013, 05:14 PM
RE: The Empathy Booth.
Hey LJ. I'm sending well wishes your way. I'm sorry, as I don't normally know what else to say, but I wish I could give you a hug. And I understand in so far as it's normally the same way with me at funerals. My own grief topped off by everyone elses. It pains me to be seen that emotional. But I know you can get through it, LJ.
I'm sorry. Extra hug.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
08-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Let it out, LJ.
You know how it goes and you know it has to all come out.
Big hug to you Heart

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 3 users Like aurora's post
09-05-2013, 06:37 PM
:hugs:
[+] 1 user Likes BrianD's post
09-05-2013, 06:53 PM
So much death here lately. Sad

(08-05-2013 11:25 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I hope I can pull it together tomorrow, especially for her parents who are the best people ever. I've tried to leave the house twice today to run errands but end up a puddled mess.

I am grateful that it took 2 weeks to get my brother back from Japan before his burial. It gave me time to bawl my eyes and heart out here and in the privacy of my own head so I could be stoical at the funeral. My mother needed that from me. No parent should have to bury a child. But don't think that's required of a friend. I sobbed like a little girl at my friend's funeral.

(08-05-2013 11:25 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Today: I am trying not to lose it. Tomorrow is my deceased best friends would-be 30th birthday. Something great is happening in our community, she is getting a facility named after her in a line of work that she dedicated her too-short life to. The last few months others and myself have been working hard at creating logos, plaques and the event of the grand opening tomorrow (scheduled purposefully on her birthdate). Everyone is happy, excited and proud of her, and they should be. This is a good thing. And I hate it. I hate every moment of it. I don't want it to happen, I don't want to be there and I don't want to accept it. I am talking positive, I want to be positive because that's who I am, usually. But I am bursting at the seams with sadness and anger. I want to go on the vacation we talked about doing when we turn thirty. I want to walk on a beach with her, holding her hand. I want to drink bellinis and laugh.

I feel like I'm suffocating. I need the weekend badly. It's supposed to be nice and I want to walk in the sun and breath the fresh air.

I find no consolation in it, but deep down I know everything must be this way.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-05-2013, 07:59 PM
(08-05-2013 11:25 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I am creating this thread because I just need to share stuff that I'd normally would put in maybe the whispering thread but that thread isn't protected by the fluffy purple colour of this section. I don't really need help or even support, but I just need to put it out there. Maybe others need a place, too, in the future, so they can share here if they like.

Today: I am trying not to lose it. Tomorrow is my deceased best friends would-be 30th birthday. Something great is happening in our community, she is getting a facility named after her in a line of work that she dedicated her too-short life to. The last few months others and myself have been working hard at creating logos, plaques and the event of the grand opening tomorrow (scheduled purposefully on her birthdate). Everyone is happy, excited and proud of her, and they should be. This is a good thing. And I hate it. I hate every moment of it. I don't want it to happen, I don't want to be there and I don't want to accept it. I am talking positive, I want to be positive because that's who I am, usually. But I am bursting at the seams with sadness and anger. I want to go on the vacation we talked about doing when we turn thirty. I want to walk on a beach with her, holding her hand. I want to drink bellinis and laugh. I hope I can pull it together tomorrow, especially for her parents who are the best people ever. I've tried to leave the house twice today to run errands but end up a puddled mess. I feel like I'm suffocating. I need the weekend badly. It's supposed to be nice and I want to walk in the sun and breath the fresh air.

I am sorry for your loss, LJ. Right now it's going to be a bittersweet event for you. I have a feeling in 5 or so years you'll be able to walk by that facility and smile with her memory.

It's things like this that make religious people resolve that God had a plan for it all, despite us mere mortals being unable to understand the tragedies and pain. In reality no one really knows why these kinds of things happen to good people. It's just one of the crappy events in a life.

I hope you feel better soon. Hug

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
09-05-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm sorry for your loss LJ Hug

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
10-05-2013, 11:27 AM
(08-05-2013 12:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  **Legend**
With all respect...this isn't about you right now.

Lady needs some support. She never asks for any, we owe it to her for all the support she gives.

Sorry, I misread.
Thought this was for anyone.

I am highly sorry, Lady.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes legendoflink's post
10-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Every last person that replied helped strengthen each time. Kind thoughts do go a long way and I'm thankful for people who get it.

The day was tough and I'm left exhausted, a little strung out- but also a little more whole (if that's possible, ha ha). Yay for the weekend, finally!

(08-05-2013 11:45 AM)legendoflink Wrote:  As most of you know, I'm going through a bulimia/self-mutilation recovery and still very much tempted.
Well, I'm scared.
My boyfriend is one of the people that is really helping me right now and he is leaving for a 3 month, Marines basic training in 1 month and 11 days.
I'm worried that I might do something stupid or get so upset that I give up on my recovery.
-cries-
I seriously don't know what to do.

(10-05-2013 11:27 AM)legendoflink Wrote:  
(08-05-2013 12:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  **Legend**
With all respect...this isn't about you right now.

Lady needs some support. She never asks for any, we owe it to her for all the support she gives.

Sorry, I misread.
Thought this was for anyone.

I am highly sorry, Lady.

This is a good thread to post in, Legend. I don't have much to give this week, but I hope you do make good choices. In the long term the good choices take you further and to better places. One moment at a time, like we all do. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
10-05-2013, 11:26 PM
LJ,
Some ordeals are worth the trial.

How were your friend's parents? Did you talk to them?

(10-05-2013 10:04 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  This is a good thread to post in, ...

If this booth is now open for all in search of empathy...

Can I be at the front of the queue, please.

Cheers.
DLJ

13-05-2013, 09:19 PM
(10-05-2013 11:26 PM)DLJ Wrote:  If this booth is now open for all in search of empathy...

Can I be at the front of the queue, please.

I'll give it a go. I'm a successful international professional management consultant making big bucks bopping about Indonesia, Asia, Australia and New Zealand before returning to a house full of a half dozen half-naked pretty Asian girls. ... Consider ... I fucking hate you. Tongue

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.