The Empty Tomb has been Discovered.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-02-2012, 10:58 PM
The Empty Tomb has been Discovered.
I'm glad I received my notice the other day that I'm still an accredited minister with my former denomination, because it looks like I'll be going back to work now that the resurrection has been proven.

Huffington Post: The Tomb of Jebus

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
29-02-2012, 11:08 PM
RE: The Empty Tomb has been Discovered.
2010?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-02-2012, 11:10 PM
(29-02-2012 11:08 PM)lucradis Wrote:  2010?

Yeah, took a couple of years to get the book written and published. We wouldn't want to present this kind of news without a book!

[Image: 51Y1Lm4dHtL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
29-02-2012, 11:54 PM

I ordered the Kindle version. I'll start reading it tonight. Might as well read what they have to say.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
01-03-2012, 01:32 AM
It all sounds rather shaky. Like yet another Noah's Ark finding. A few problem's I have with the story.

Why are the supposed "Jonah and the Whale" markings so prominent? While Jesus does claim to be the modern day Jonah, there was no mention of his tomb having such a theme.

The story was reported and embraced by Fox News... so I immediately assume it's a lie.

Jesus AND his family? Jesus HATED his family. He constantly dismisses them and calls his followers his real family. The one time he tried to preach in his home town, they chased him out, trying to kill him.

The story refuses to give any details, instead urging you to buy their book. If you just found the tomb of Jesus, you're set to make millions of dollars. Why are you trying to push your book for 16 bucks on Amazon?

I hope they do find the body of a Jesus of Nazareth. That will pretty much prove that he didn't resurrect as proclaimed, rendering Christianity baseless. But since the tomb is highly protected by "the Heredim, the ultra-Orthodox authorities whose mission is to protect all Jewish tombs" ...I doubt any scientific research will be allowed.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 3 users Like Buddy Christ's post
01-03-2012, 02:31 AM
(29-02-2012 10:58 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm glad I received my notice the other day that I'm still an accredited minister with my former denomination, because it looks like I'll be going back to work now that the resurrection has been proven.

I hope you are joking about going back to being a minister!
I only started reading the article because I start work in a minute but let's just say that this is really proof *which I doubt* doesn't make the whole religion and everything that comes with it true and good.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2012, 03:17 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 03:32 AM by rook2004.)
(29-02-2012 11:10 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Yeah, took a couple of years to get the book written and published. We wouldn't want to present this kind of news without a book!

Please tell me I'm not the only person whose mind is dirty enough to immediately see this when confronted with that cover: [NSFW] The Jesus Discovery
[+] 3 users Like rook2004's post
01-03-2012, 05:31 AM
Doesn't really mean anything anyway. Even if it does turn out to be Jesus tomb it says nothing about his supposed divinity. It just proves that some guy existed at some point in time and died just like the rest of us.
01-03-2012, 09:02 AM
So, what's next...

Finding no traces of copper or optic fiber in the ground and assuming Jesus had WiFi?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 2 users Like Observer's post
01-03-2012, 09:06 AM
Leela, are you saying we can't be friends anymore? It's ok, God love you anyway, my child.

(01-03-2012 03:17 AM)rook2004 Wrote:  
(29-02-2012 11:10 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Yeah, took a couple of years to get the book written and published. We wouldn't want to present this kind of news without a book!

Please tell me I'm not the only person whose mind is dirty enough to immediately see this when confronted with that cover: [NSFW] The Jesus Discovery

That's a helluva Jesus Discovery. Big Grin

~Izel