The Empty Tomb has been Discovered.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2012, 09:12 AM
RE: The Empty Tomb has been Discovered.
rook. I had the same thing pop up in my mind. So much so that I had to stare really hard to make it look like what it actually is.

Also

"Not surprisingly, Tabor’s characterization of the tomb as containing archeological evidence of the earliest Christian community’s beliefs pertaining to the resurrection of Jesus has drawn many critics, several of them posting their thoughts to a blog managed by the American Schools of Oriental Research (ASOR) at Boston University. For instance, Christopher Rollston, a professor of Old Testament and Semitic studies at Emmanuel Christian Seminary, wrote that he is “confident” that the “Jonah and the Whale” engraving is “simply a standard ‘nephesh tower motif,’ an ornamental motif that is fairly widely attested on the corpus of ossuaries.” Tabor claims to have considered the possibility that the image was a nephesh but determined that the design was of an aquatic creature rather than a standard ornamental design."
From Here

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2012, 09:20 AM
(01-03-2012 09:12 AM)lucradis Wrote:  rook. I had the same thing pop up in my mind. So much so that I had to stare really hard to make it look like what it actually is.

Also

"Not surprisingly, Tabor’s characterization of the tomb as containing archeological evidence of the earliest Christian community’s beliefs pertaining to the resurrection of Jesus has drawn many critics, several of them posting their thoughts to a blog managed by the American Schools of Oriental Research (ASOR) at Boston University. For instance, Christopher Rollston, a professor of Old Testament and Semitic studies at Emmanuel Christian Seminary, wrote that he is “confident” that the “Jonah and the Whale” engraving is “simply a standard ‘nephesh tower motif,’ an ornamental motif that is fairly widely attested on the corpus of ossuaries.” Tabor claims to have considered the possibility that the image was a nephesh but determined that the design was of an aquatic creature rather than a standard ornamental design."
From Here

The article could go one step further by pointing out, the fallacy in their conclusion comes from misusing, or not using, the scientific method.

If you find an empty tomb in Jerusalem and you already assume you're looking for Jesus' tomb, then poof! The empty tomb is THE ONE! He's the most famous person who has ever died in Jerusalem, so surely, every tomb that is found without a body is going to be his. Or if there is a body, then that is his too. SMH

Conversely, if you find an empty tomb and place no conclusion as to whom it belonged, you're going to be left without a conclusion because there just isn't enough evidence to name any occupants. But sadly, no one wants to buy a book about the discovery of Hezekiah Goldberg's burial plot.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
01-03-2012, 09:20 AM
(01-03-2012 09:06 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Leela, are you saying we can't be friends anymore? It's ok, God love you anyway, my child.
K you want it that way
*starts a ritual, lights a candle, mindcontrol, wooogiewooooh*
You are cured now!

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 3 users Like Leela's post
01-03-2012, 09:22 AM
(01-03-2012 09:20 AM)Leela Wrote:  
(01-03-2012 09:06 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Leela, are you saying we can't be friends anymore? It's ok, God love you anyway, my child.
K you want it that way
You are cured now!

Are you supposed to fire up the cauldron first? Big Grin

[Image: cauldron-gif-harry-potter-hermione-hermi...231911.gif]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
01-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Yeah the other thing within my link that is pointed out is the previous work of these people. The lost tomb of Jesus.

Which to me brings into question the credibility of the whole project.

Please look down at the reception part of the article.Ugh.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
01-03-2012, 09:35 AM
(01-03-2012 09:32 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Yeah the other thing within my link that is pointed out is the previous work of these people. The lost tomb of Jesus.

Which to me brings into question the credibility of the whole project.

Please look down at the reception part of the article.Ugh.

I feel as if I saw that documentary on the History Channel a while back. They made a big deal about James Cameron hosting it or something. I was probably a 3 or 4 on the Dawkins Scale at the time, so I didn't have my Fundie sensibilities trashed, but I look back at it being nothing remarkable. There really wasn't anything new, and certainly nothing convincing to support their conclusions. Once again, we can use the old line: Nothing to see here, folks.

~Izel
01-03-2012, 10:11 AM
(01-03-2012 09:22 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
K you want it that way
You are cured now!

What do you mean? The cauldron should never be taken off the fire. Fire up the cauldron... pfff!

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
01-03-2012, 10:25 AM
(01-03-2012 10:11 AM)Malleus Wrote:  
(01-03-2012 09:22 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
K you want it that way
You are cured now!

What do you mean? The cauldron should never be taken off the fire. Fire up the cauldron... pfff!

Mal, I have to defer to your personal knowledge of what happens in your kitchen. Big Grin

~Izel
01-03-2012, 11:19 AM
(01-03-2012 03:17 AM)rook2004 Wrote:  
(29-02-2012 11:10 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Yeah, took a couple of years to get the book written and published. We wouldn't want to present this kind of news without a book!

[Image: 51Y1Lm4dHtL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

Please tell me I'm not the only person whose mind is dirty enough to immediately see this when confronted with that cover: [NSFW] The Jesus Discovery

When I scrolled down as I was reading the comments here and only the top half of the book was showing from your comment that's what I saw too. I almost laugh out loud when that's exactly what your post said too. Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
01-03-2012, 11:27 AM
(01-03-2012 01:32 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I hope they do find the body of a Jesus of Nazareth.

Fat chance. Mummies survive to this day because they were "mummified". But a body put into a dark vault 2000 years ago is likely to decompose and crumble to dust. I don't think anyone was expecting a body. Was a body found in the other tomb (the Garden Tomb)?

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.