The Empty Tomb has been Discovered.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2012, 03:27 PM
RE: The Empty Tomb has been Discovered.
(01-03-2012 11:19 AM)kineo Wrote:  When I scrolled down as I was reading the comments here and only the top half of the book was showing from your comment that's what I saw too. I almost laugh out loud when that's exactly what your post said too. Big Grin

This is why we're all going to hell.

It'll be a hoot.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like rook2004's post
01-03-2012, 05:20 PM
I heard that they found Zeus' easy chair on Mt Olympus last week.
The book will be out in early 2013.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 5 users Like Thomas's post
01-03-2012, 08:06 PM
It could be anyone's tomb, even if there's proof of someone resuscitating, they came up from the dead all the time back then Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
01-03-2012, 08:51 PM
"Archaeologists who work on the history of ancient Judaism and early Christianity disagree over whether there is any reliable archaeological evidence directly related to Jesus or his early followers. Most are convinced that nothing of this sort has survived, not a single site, inscription, artifact, drawing, or text mentioning Jesus or his followers, or witnessing to the beliefs of the earliest Jewish Christians either in Jerusalem or in Galilee."

"There is evidence related to Herod Antipas, the high priest Caiaphas, and even Pontius Pilate, who had him crucified, but nothing that would connect us to Jesus himself, or even to his earliest followers -- until now. Our hope is that these exciting new discoveries can become the catalyst for reconsidering other archaeological evidence that might well be related to the first Jewish-Christian believers."

These two quotes are really what paints the accurate picture. I call bullshit. They basically admit there is no other archaeological evidence to support the fact that Jesus even existed, and that they are pseudo-scientists: going in specifically to find evidence to support what they want to be true.
[+] 2 users Like Superluminal's post
01-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Did y'all hear the latest news outtah New York city, seems over in potters feild they found a grave marked John Doe. That's at least as exciting has yet another jesus grave.
02-03-2012, 10:11 AM
The cover of that book?? Wow!
There is no possible way the people who designed and printed that did not know what everyone would see in that.....

And when that book sells millions upon millions of copies, it will NOT be for the research or story telling.... Tongue

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes LostLocke's post
02-03-2012, 10:31 AM
One of the authors of the book, Simcha has/had a really neat show I used to love to watch on History International called the Naked Archaeologist.(That's right a guy who has that book cover had a show called Naked Archaeologist, clearly that is no mistake) I think it's still on at 2/3AM on Satudays and Sundays but it's basically a show he goes and looks into the sites and looks at artifacts of biblical/Palestinian archaeologists.

It isn't a religiously propagated show very much which makes it very enjoyable. It's big part of pointing out the locations may exist in many biblical stories but the evidence shows how the people's origins are inaccurate.

There was only one point they found what may be considered something connected to Jesus or his followers. It was a fishing village that does date back far enough with roads that are as old as the early 1st century. It supposedly was in the area the 3/4 of the apostles were from and that's where the grandness of the findings end. Just is not a big whoop.