"The End of White Christian America"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2016, 06:20 AM
RE: "The End of White Christian America"
(31-08-2016 10:23 PM)Banjo Wrote:  America is finally catching up.

"Phew"

You mean white America is catching up, to whites in the rest of the western world. The non-whites on the other hand in the case are still living in the past.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2016, 06:43 AM
(01-09-2016 06:20 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  You mean white America is catching up, to whites in the rest of the western world. The non-whites on the other hand in the case are still living in the past.

Please do not tell me what I think. I have read your posts. Although I hold a soft spot for you, as I do Pop's, it is not out of mutual respect.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
01-09-2016, 07:01 AM
(01-09-2016 12:27 AM)Pragmatix Wrote:  So what if the whites are losing power? Who cares?

Apparently they do. Consider

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
01-09-2016, 07:05 AM
(01-09-2016 07:01 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(01-09-2016 12:27 AM)Pragmatix Wrote:  So what if the whites are losing power? Who cares?

Apparently they do. Consider

His book is not racial. It is about change.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
01-09-2016, 07:10 AM
(01-09-2016 06:43 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(01-09-2016 06:20 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  You mean white America is catching up, to whites in the rest of the western world. The non-whites on the other hand in the case are still living in the past.

Please do not tell me what I think. I have read your posts. Although I hold a soft spot for you, as I do Pop's, it is not out of mutual respect.

No, you made a generalized statement about America based on the interview and article in question, when in fact the "catching up" is exclusive to particular demographic of Americans, namely whites.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
01-09-2016, 07:24 AM
(01-09-2016 07:10 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(01-09-2016 06:43 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Please do not tell me what I think. I have read your posts. Although I hold a soft spot for you, as I do Pop's, it is not out of mutual respect.

No, you made a generalized statement about America based on the interview and article in question, when in fact the "catching up" is exclusive to particular demographic of Americans, namely whites.

To you, Americans are white or black. To me, they are Americans.

Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
01-09-2016, 08:06 AM
(01-09-2016 07:10 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(01-09-2016 06:43 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Please do not tell me what I think. I have read your posts. Although I hold a soft spot for you, as I do Pop's, it is not out of mutual respect.

One demographic group in the US does not exist in isolation. The PERCENTAGES discussed represent a WHOLE picture.

(I knew you'd have something stupid to say about this. Big Grin )
Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-09-2016, 08:45 AM
(01-09-2016 08:06 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-09-2016 07:10 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  No, you made a generalized statement about America based on the interview and article in question, when in fact the "catching up" is exclusive to particular demographic of Americans, namely whites.

One demographic group in the US does not exist in isolation. The PERCENTAGES discussed represent a WHOLE picture.

Facepalm

When speaking of the trajectory of the nones, you're speaking more so of White Americans, than non-whites.

As indicated in the PEW:

"When it comes to race, however, the recent change has been concentrated in one group: whites. One-fifth of (non-Hispanic) whites now describe themselves as religiously unaffiliated, up five percentage points since 2007. By contrast, the share of blacks and Hispanics who are religiously unaffiliated has not changed by a statistically significant margin in recent years."

01-09-2016, 10:39 AM
The end of White Christian America? Ha-le-fuckin-lu-jah!
[+] 2 users Like Mr. Boston's post
01-09-2016, 02:18 PM
(01-09-2016 08:45 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(01-09-2016 08:06 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  One demographic group in the US does not exist in isolation. The PERCENTAGES discussed represent a WHOLE picture.

Facepalm

When speaking of the trajectory of the nones, you're speaking more so of White Americans, than non-whites.

As indicated in the PEW:

"When it comes to race, however, the recent change has been concentrated in one group: whites. One-fifth of (non-Hispanic) whites now describe themselves as religiously unaffiliated, up five percentage points since 2007. By contrast, the share of blacks and Hispanics who are religiously unaffiliated has not changed by a statistically significant margin in recent years."

So then it's blacks and other non-whites that need to "catch up", isn't it ? Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.