"The End of White Christian America"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2016, 04:05 PM
RE: "The End of White Christian America"
(01-09-2016 12:27 AM)Pragmatix Wrote:  Many blacks and latinos are christian - it all seems a bit racist to me. The country is still overwhelmingly christian. So what if the whites are losing power? Who cares?

I think the problem is the Religious Right and its power. The Religious Left is not as much of a problem.

Lighthouses are more helpful than churches. — Benjamin Franklin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Exfundy's post
01-09-2016, 04:15 PM
(01-09-2016 04:05 PM)Exfundy Wrote:  
(01-09-2016 12:27 AM)Pragmatix Wrote:  Many blacks and latinos are christian - it all seems a bit racist to me. The country is still overwhelmingly christian. So what if the whites are losing power? Who cares?

I think the problem is the Religious Right and its power. The Religious Left is not as much of a problem.

Yes. It is more about a shift and change in culture. Not white vs black.

America is multicultural and multi ethnic. This will undoubtedly lead to change.

Nothing stays the same. "Back in my day you could buy kippers for 1 P".

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
01-09-2016, 05:39 PM
(01-09-2016 06:20 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(31-08-2016 10:23 PM)Banjo Wrote:  America is finally catching up.

"Phew"

You mean white America is catching up, to whites in the rest of the western world. The non-whites on the other hand in the case are still living in the past.

How do you merely twist to focus on and post relating points to "nons?"

Isn't just America catching up to China, or India, or the middle east? And much more. The drop of WASP and white Christian majority is more about vast multicultural increasing and not merely nons, to even insert like that was something to supposedly counter is pompous.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
01-09-2016, 06:32 PM
(31-08-2016 06:21 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The Washington Post interview fleshes out what the video interview said, good stuff.

You know what still gets me though? When the questions or statements say, for example, “After all, why would the ranks of the unaffiliated be increasing if they weren’t fundamentally skeptical about the existence of God”

When I think it should always read “a god”, it immediately changes the perception that there is only one and that it has any merit in reality imo.

Yep -- the speaker in your example is lading it with his own assumptions. Good spot.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
01-09-2016, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2016 06:40 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(31-08-2016 08:22 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  Welp they're certainly not going down without a fight though, I still feel very threatened by their numbers and authority.

I once read someone compare it to a star going supernova, yes it is dying but it's gonna explode into a violent light show before it goes out. The Christian right is in their death throes right now, it's gonna be spectacular and horrifying. It might not be pretty what they resort to when they just want to save our souls! Because they love us!

Are they really so afraid of what will happen if they lose all control? Maybe we will treat them the way they've been treating us all this time? Yeah, that's probably it.

(31-08-2016 09:37 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, here's hoping they don't take the rest of the republic down with them in their fall from power.

Collapses do indeed produce rebounds. But like an unattended basketball on an empty gym floor, the ball comes to rest, eventually.

How much quicker when you have hands like those here tamping it down?

Religious faith is losing energy, and of course believers will squawk louder. Injured ducks quack, too.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
02-09-2016, 08:56 AM
Granted I am going off of a 6 minute video (I haven't read the book and probably won't as I am not that interested in the subject), but the connection to the rise of Trump is not as simple and directly correlated as the interviewer was trying to express IMO.

Part of the Trump movement (the only part I agree with) is a rejection of the the current political structure/oligarchy.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley