The Endless Pursuit of Happiness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2016, 05:15 AM
The Endless Pursuit of Happiness
"Happiness is a form of contemplation." Aristotle

Happiness is a form of laziness. Camus said to us to imagine Sisyphus happy. I cannot imagine anything worse. Without wit or unreasonableness, we are hopeless.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2016, 07:00 AM
RE: The Endless Pursuit of Happiness
I must have been quite lazy lately. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-06-2016, 07:08 AM
(11-06-2016 05:15 AM)carusmm Wrote:  "Happiness is a form of contemplation." Aristotle

Happiness is a form of laziness. Camus said to us to imagine Sisyphus happy. I cannot imagine anything worse. Without wit or unreasonableness, we are hopeless.

The moon is made of green cheese.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 6 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-06-2016, 08:06 AM
(11-06-2016 07:08 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 05:15 AM)carusmm Wrote:  "Happiness is a form of contemplation." Aristotle

The moon is made of green cheese.

I am sure it is.
11-06-2016, 11:38 AM

11-06-2016, 11:52 AM

What? Since when is being "unreasonable" a virtue?

I am no fan of loaded phrases. Everything is a point of view issue. I like to take everything as case by case and "it depends".

Ultimately this is the only home 7 billion humans have, so I take Dawkins view condemning Plato's idea of "essence" which has lead humans since to chase impossible utopias. I take Sagan's view in his Pale Blue dot, just with more blunt language. This is the only home all 7 billion of us have and both friend and foe alike all take the same ride that begins and ends the same way.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2016, 12:46 PM

11-06-2016, 12:51 PM
It's more like it's the benefit of absurdity to see how even an endless punishment that life is like in sisyphus's case has a snide joy in looking back at the forces that put him in this place without.

You can spend time worrying about the lacking qualities you may desire, or move existing aware of the coming and going emotions but not attaching significance to those moments of happiness being gone between times they come and go.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
11-06-2016, 07:49 PM
(11-06-2016 12:51 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It's more like it's the benefit of absurdity to see how even an endless punishment that life is like in sisyphus's case has a snide joy in looking back at the forces that put him in this place without.

You can spend time worrying about the lacking qualities you may desire, or move existing aware of the coming and going emotions but not attaching significance to those moments of happiness being gone between times they come and go.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

I am sure that you're right if I could only understand you.
11-06-2016, 07:57 PM
(11-06-2016 11:52 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  

What? Since when is being "unreasonable" a virtue?

I am no fan of loaded phrases. Everything is a point of view issue. I like to take everything as case by case and "it depends".

Ultimately this is the only home 7 billion humans have, so I take Dawkins view condemning Plato's idea of "essence" which has lead humans since to chase impossible utopias. I take Sagan's view in his Pale Blue dot, just with more blunt language. This is the only home all 7 billion of us have and both friend and foe alike all take the same ride that begins and ends the same way.

The meaning of life is to die well. The End is the end.