The Era of Socioeconomic Selection

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2013, 09:46 PM
RE: The Era of Socioeconomic Selection
Hah, just about the only good thing about that movie, but I sure loved the first couple minutes!

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
09-01-2013, 09:53 PM
(09-01-2013 08:53 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Reminds me of this:

Then sterilize anyone with a double-digit IQ.

Cool story, bro. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-01-2013, 09:55 PM
(09-01-2013 09:53 PM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  
(09-01-2013 08:53 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Reminds me of this:

Then sterilize anyone with a double-digit IQ.

Technically speaking, some of the smartest people born with triple digit IQs would come from double digits...
Wouldn't you be limiting the future of mankind in such a fashion?

(edited because I accidentally read that as kill, not sterilize)
09-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Tried it once?

Hitler was neither the first nor the last nor the most effective; his only claim to fame (notoriety?) is that he got the whole world involved in his genocide rather than just quietly doing it under the global radar.

"They" tried it lots of times.

(disclaimer: my appraisal of genocidal efficacy is by no means an indication that I condone genocide. I don't. It's horrific and evil and must be combated at all times.)

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
09-01-2013, 10:12 PM
(09-01-2013 09:59 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Tried it once?

Hitler was neither the first nor the last nor the most effective; his only claim to fame (notoriety?) is that he got the whole world involved in his genocide rather than just quietly doing it under the global radar.

(disclaimer: my appraisal of genocidal efficacy is by no means an indication that I condone genocide. I don't. It's horrific and evil and must be combated at all times.)
Haha you replied apparently when I was editing it. I may as well include that as Aseptic was replying, my initial response was that genocide is basically a bad answer to handling people. I realized that RIED was referring to sterilization (as in, can't have kids) and not killing people and edited what I said.

But yes, indeed, it's insane to me that people can be motivated to do horrible things to other people. Even more insane to me that it's been done, many times.
09-01-2013, 11:34 PM
(09-01-2013 10:12 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(09-01-2013 09:59 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Tried it once?

Haha you replied apparently when I was editing it. I may as well include that as Aseptic was replying, my initial response was that genocide is basically a bad answer to handling people. I realized that RIED was referring to sterilization (as in, can't have kids) and not killing people and edited what I said.

But yes, indeed, it's insane to me that people can be motivated to do horrible things to other people. Even more insane to me that it's been done, many times.

Sterilization does not a thing to harm one.

09-01-2013, 11:45 PM
Meh maybe later in adult hood. You wouldn't want to accidentally sterilize Einstein because he couldn't figure out how to tie his shoes.
09-01-2013, 11:53 PM
(09-01-2013 11:45 PM)Diablo Wrote:  Meh maybe later in adult hood. You wouldn't want to accidentally sterilize Einstein because he couldn't figure out how to tie his shoes.

IQ peeks at sixteen, so why not sterilize at that age?

10-01-2013, 12:22 AM
My concern is do we really know enough about genetics to know if couples will produce extremely smart or dumb kids?

Einsteins brain was abnormal after all.

Also, I vaguely recall reading that environmental factors can be a major role in a child's mental development.
[+] 1 user Likes Diablo's post
10-01-2013, 02:24 AM
Re: The Era of Socioeconomic Selection
let's not be too eager to extinguish genetic diversity within our species in the name of smarter or more beautiful children :-)

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.