The European Union UK Referendum

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-06-2016, 01:47 AM
The European Union UK Referendum
Sooooo..... on the 23rd June the UK gets to vote if they should stay in the European Union or to leave it.

Whilst I am interested in everybodies opinion I feel I am lacking an opinion from those outside of the UK, from most of you guys and gals.

So as outsiders looking in, whats your take on it?

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2016, 04:06 AM
RE: The European Union UK Referendum
I was wondering why there were no threads on this subject , thought about starting one myself but was too lazy.

As an European outsider , to me it is obvious that the "Remain" option`s best arguments are little more then fear mongering, to the point Cameron insinuating that leaving EU might lead to war. What bullshit.

To me it seems obvious that Britain will be better off leaving the EU.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
01-06-2016, 04:53 AM
Why would you leave the EU though? I don't quite get it. I thought the EU was nice 'cos of easy border controls and economic benefits. Why's leaving suddenly a bright idea? A bit like when Scotland suddenly decided they'd like to be their own country - what the hell was that about?... It's just... it seems like a hang of a lot of effort to do it, so what's the great big benefit that leaving the EU will give to you?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
01-06-2016, 06:14 AM
It's gonna go like Scotland

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
01-06-2016, 07:09 AM
What is this UK you speak of????

signed

The Donald
01-06-2016, 09:41 AM
I think there are many different ways and views about what the main reasons for remaining or leaving should be.

Immigration is a hot topic and I believe sways a lot of the voters, especially a lot of the less researched vote. To me I understand the importance of immigration however at a time of "austerity" measures to public services/councils I think it is only logical that you have to be more selective and carefully limit numbers, something which the UK currently doesnt have.

Trade is the next one and the biggie that the conservatives and the media have focused on recently. Stories of doom and gloom I think may scare some people and I think a lot of leftists might be swayed to remain in and go with the status quo, especially as labour are and pretty much always have wanted to remain. Some argue that the regulation the EU brings is good and brings security with free movement etc, whilst others see setting our own regulations would make us more competitive.

Democracy and sovereignty is occasionaly mentioned but probably the least spoken about. The UK originally signed up to a common market in the 70s and now we are ruled by a system that can overide our governments, a system that very little people know, nor actually care about, that regulates our day to day lifes in many small ways.

Politics has gotten very strange now as I feel that voting in this would be like choosing between having my right eye poked or my left eye, id be fucked either way. Its the same how I feel about your presidential candidates in the US.

Voting is like self inflicted torture and the parties represent the methods nowadays.

[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
01-06-2016, 10:11 AM
(01-06-2016 09:41 AM)bemore Wrote:  I think there are many different ways and views about what the main reasons for remaining or leaving should be.

Immigration is a hot topic and I believe sways a lot of the voters, especially a lot of the less researched vote. To me I understand the importance of immigration however at a time of "austerity" measures to public services/councils I think it is only logical that you have to be more selective and carefully limit numbers, something which the UK currently doesnt have.

Trade is the next one and the biggie that the conservatives and the media have focused on recently. Stories of doom and gloom I think may scare some people and I think a lot of leftists might be swayed to remain in and go with the status quo, especially as labour are and pretty much always have wanted to remain. Some argue that the regulation the EU brings is good and brings security with free movement etc, whilst others see setting our own regulations would make us more competitive.

Democracy and sovereignty is occasionaly mentioned but probably the least spoken about. The UK originally signed up to a common market in the 70s and now we are ruled by a system that can overide our governments, a system that very little people know, nor actually care about, that regulates our day to day lifes in many small ways.

Politics has gotten very strange now as I feel that voting in this would be like choosing between having my right eye poked or my left eye, id be fucked either way. Its the same how I feel about your presidential candidates in the US.

Voting is like self inflicted torture and the parties represent the methods nowadays.

I thought this thread was about you seeking "outsider's" opinions rather than broadcasting your own?

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
01-06-2016, 12:27 PM
(01-06-2016 10:11 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 09:41 AM)bemore Wrote:  I think there are many different ways and views about what the main reasons for remaining or leaving should be.

I thought this thread was about you seeking "outsider's" opinions rather than broadcasting your own?

Ive given a breakdown of the current situation as I see it evolving here and the 3 main areas of discussion (Immigration, trade and sovereignty) from both sides.

I still want to hear other people. My posts supercede nobody else's.

01-06-2016, 03:53 PM
(01-06-2016 09:41 AM)bemore Wrote:  Democracy and sovereignty is occasionaly mentioned but probably the least spoken about. The UK originally signed up to a common market in the 70s and now we are ruled by a system that can overide our governments, a system that very little people know, nor actually care about, that regulates our day to day lifes in many small ways.

This is the most important issue, you are now governed by people who you didn't elect and who you have no power to remove from office. Think about that for a moment.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
01-06-2016, 05:15 PM
Living in the Republic of Ireland we have a vested interest in the upcoming referendum. It would be better for us if the UK remained in the EU. They are one of out biggest trading partners. We are the only country in Europe that shares a land border with the UK. Being members of the EU has made this border less contentious. We have free movement, trade and more co-operation between North and South, much to the dismay of those fucking Unionist, protestant politicians. They are voting to get out of Europe. They are getting anxious with the fact that things are getting to cozy with the republic. They want that silly border strengthened. Selfish bastards. On the funny side, if they get their wish the farmers up north will lose their EU subsidies so London will have to foot the bill.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí