The European Union UK Referendum

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
21-06-2016, 06:13 PM
RE: The European Union UK Referendum
(21-06-2016 04:38 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(21-06-2016 04:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Does anyone else appreciate the irony of the idea of the Brits mounting a separatist insurrection, revolution even, or is it just me?

Go on.. You know you love us and want us to rule the world for ever and ever amen .

Shit. I don't trust you to properly add fluoride to your water. ... Your dentistry is shit.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2016, 12:49 AM
(21-06-2016 04:38 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(21-06-2016 04:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Does anyone else appreciate the irony of the idea of the Brits mounting a separatist insurrection, revolution even, or is it just me?

Go on.. You know you love us and want us to rule the world for ever and ever amen .

That's the thing isn't it. It's not our empire, it's perceived to be someone else's. Which is why we're throwing our toys out the pram.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
22-06-2016, 01:38 AM
Hi,

I'm a Scottish born Brit and will be voting in the referendum tomorrow. Whilst I am voting 'remain' there is a large consolation prize if Brexit goes ahead - the freedom of my own country, Scotland. Smile

There will almost certainly be Scexit in the near to mid future after Brexit, dissolving the UK and leaving a rump which will need to be renamed. We will of course continue to be Scotland.

Other winners from Brexit will be Spain and Argentina. The Spanish have already set their claim on Gibraltar and the Argies will take the Malvinas without a fight. As they say, 'When there is blood in the water...."

D.
[+] 3 users Like Dworkin's post
22-06-2016, 03:25 AM
(21-06-2016 06:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-06-2016 04:38 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Go on.. You know you love us and want us to rule the world for ever and ever amen .

Shit. I don't trust you to properly add fluoride to your water. ... Your dentistry is shit.
Lols that may have been true a while back but not anymore, we just don't believe in the type of dentistry that requires those around us to wear a welding mask when we smile. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
22-06-2016, 03:31 AM
(22-06-2016 01:38 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Hi,

I'm a Scottish born Brit and will be voting in the referendum tomorrow. Whilst I am voting 'remain' there is a large consolation prize if Brexit goes ahead - the freedom of my own country, Scotland. Smile

There will almost certainly be Scexit in the near to mid future after Brexit, dissolving the UK and leaving a rump which will need to be renamed. We will of course continue to be Scotland.

Other winners from Brexit will be Spain and Argentina. The Spanish have already set their claim on Gibraltar and the Argies will take the Malvinas without a fight. As they say, 'When there is blood in the water...."

D.

I'm voting remain even though I hate the remain campaign and am pretty sure they are lying through their teeth with project fear, its just too risky economically not to vote remain in my opinion.
22-06-2016, 03:48 AM
(22-06-2016 03:31 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 01:38 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Hi,

D.

I'm voting remain even though I hate the remain campaign and am pretty sure they are lying through their teeth with project fear, its just too risky economically not to vote remain in my opinion.

You will be forced to except euro as your currency by the 2020 , it`s gonna do wonders for your economy.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
22-06-2016, 03:51 AM
(22-06-2016 03:48 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  You will be forced to except euro as your currency by the 2020 , it`s gonna do wonders for your economy.

Works for me. I'm fed up of having to convert money between pounds and Euros all the time.
22-06-2016, 05:48 AM
(22-06-2016 03:48 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 03:31 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm voting remain even though I hate the remain campaign and am pretty sure they are lying through their teeth with project fear, its just too risky economically not to vote remain in my opinion.

You will be forced to except euro as your currency by the 2020 , it`s gonna do wonders for your economy.
Interesting, can you provide a source for that information ?
22-06-2016, 05:52 AM

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
22-06-2016, 06:36 AM
(22-06-2016 05:48 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 03:48 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  You will be forced to except euro as your currency by the 2020 , it`s gonna do wonders for your economy.
Interesting, can you provide a source for that information ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/econo...-euro.html

Recent events have made the British political commentariat more aware than before of just how committed European political leaders are to delivering political union in a Single European State.

It should now be clear that this is not the unlikely ambition of a few starry-eyed visionaries. It is the stated official goal of the Italian Prime Minister, the French President, the German Chancellor, the current and next Presidents of the European Commission, the President of the European Council, and just about every significant mainstream political figure in the Eurozone.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2008...ro-barroso

The UK is "closer" to joining the euro than ever before, according to the president of the European commission.

José Manuel Barroso said some British politicians were considering signing up to the single currency in a bid to beat the effects of the global economic crisis.

He told French radio station RTL: "We are now closer than ever before.

"I'm not going to break the confidentiality of certain conversations, but some British politicians have already told me, 'If we had the euro, we would have been better off.'"

William Hague, the shadow foreign secretary, said it was "extraordinary" that the government was "whispering to the EU commission about joining the euro behind the British people's backs".

Plans to create European Super State with central EU government and European army are no secret, and you can`t have one state with different currencies , can you?
And don`t kid yourself that you ill be asked if you want this or not.
Tomorrow is the last time British people will have a real say in what happens to them .

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's