The European Union UK Referendum

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-06-2016, 09:55 PM
RE: The European Union UK Referendum
(23-06-2016 09:41 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  BBC just called it with Leave winning by a massive 4%. Going to be interesting to see how this falls out.

I think this will be a mistake when looked back on in regards to their economy.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2016, 10:01 PM
Free Cornwall

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
23-06-2016, 10:08 PM
(23-06-2016 09:55 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 09:41 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  BBC just called it with Leave winning by a massive 4%. Going to be interesting to see how this falls out.

I think this will be a mistake when looked back on in regards to their economy.

This is probably going to turn out to be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
23-06-2016, 10:13 PM
IDK, the UK is not all that untied within itself, it might be better to work on it own consolidated interests for a while.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
23-06-2016, 10:18 PM
I'm kinda amazed, according to that video Halnof posted, any commonwealth member in the UK can vote on this.

I wonder if anyone actually planned their travel this way?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

23-06-2016, 11:16 PM
Pretty much official at this point, they are leaving.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
23-06-2016, 11:35 PM
Its official, were leaving.

The thing is, when the UK signed up in 73 it signed up to what everybody believed to be a common market, a set of trade deals. Nobody agreed to a parliament that could dictate to countries.

Until recently the vast majority of brits had zero idea about how the EU worked. There is a massive disconnect between the system and the people, no one really understands how it all works, its expensively overcomplicated and if they dont try and do something about it, then the rest of the EU states could follow suit.

Forget trade.... forget immigration... its all about who dictates fully what happens here in the UK and who stands accountable for those actions. Thats what its all been about for me.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
23-06-2016, 11:37 PM
Well then, I'll be in the corner for the rest of the day, eating my humble pie. I'm glad I didn't end up betting money on this one because I would have lost it all.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
23-06-2016, 11:42 PM
Well it's not 100% over yet, the vote isn't the final say.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
23-06-2016, 11:58 PM
Mixed emotions on waking up today.

1st emotion: Surprise: Wtf? Leave??
2nd emotion: Pride: Scotland overwhelmingly voted for Remain.
3rd emotion: Laughing: Where I work is overwhelmingly foreign and European. They all voted no in the Scottish referendum. They'll probably be voting yes in the next one.
4th: Anger. It was mainly the over 60's, the fucking baby boomers again, that voted leave. They've fucked this country up yet again just before they die off. Gen X and the Millenials are the ones who are going to have to live with it despite the majority voting remain.

Expect to see England reapply when the baby boomers die. Scotland won't have to.
[+] 7 users Like Mathilda's post