The European Union UK Referendum

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-06-2016, 12:05 AM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2016 12:11 AM by GirlyMan.)
RE: The European Union UK Referendum
(23-06-2016 10:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 09:55 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I think this will be a mistake when looked back on in regards to their economy.

This is probably going to turn out to be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Limey bastards must be suffering from scurvy. Pretty sure Scotland and Ireland are going to take advantage of this to break away from the United Kingdom and join the EU as independent sovereign States. You so stupid.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-06-2016, 12:07 AM
I think people in the U.S., despite the internet, especially as far as I am concerned, are not quite privy to EU politics.

It always seems that those in the EU are more aware of U.S. politics than anyone here is aware of how they are doing.

It is a fascinating conundrum.
24-06-2016, 12:13 AM
(23-06-2016 11:58 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Mixed emotions on waking up today.

1st emotion: Surprise: Wtf? Leave??
2nd emotion: Pride: Scotland overwhelmingly voted for Remain.
3rd emotion: Laughing: Where I work is overwhelmingly foreign and European. They all voted no in the Scottish referendum. They'll probably be voting yes in the next one.
4th: Anger. It was mainly the over 60's, the fucking baby boomers again, that voted leave. They've fucked this country up yet again just before they die off. Gen X and the Millenials are the ones who are going to have to live with it despite the majority voting remain.

Expect to see England reapply when the baby boomers die. Scotland won't have to.

But it's also not any of this happens tomorrow or even next week.
it seems that they have 2 years to make it happen and that's only after they officially declare their intent to leave.

I thought it would happen right away or at least by January next year.

But it's an advisory vote? So does that mean it's not really binding?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

24-06-2016, 12:23 AM
(24-06-2016 12:13 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 11:58 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Mixed emotions on waking up today.

1st emotion: Surprise: Wtf? Leave??
2nd emotion: Pride: Scotland overwhelmingly voted for Remain.
3rd emotion: Laughing: Where I work is overwhelmingly foreign and European. They all voted no in the Scottish referendum. They'll probably be voting yes in the next one.
4th: Anger. It was mainly the over 60's, the fucking baby boomers again, that voted leave. They've fucked this country up yet again just before they die off. Gen X and the Millenials are the ones who are going to have to live with it despite the majority voting remain.

Expect to see England reapply when the baby boomers die. Scotland won't have to.

But it's also not any of this happens tomorrow or even next week.
it seems that they have 2 years to make it happen and that's only after they officially declare their intent to leave.

I thought it would happen right away or at least by January next year.

But it's an advisory vote? So does that mean it's not really binding?

Quote:Britain's referendum doesn't automatically trigger an exit from the European Union, which has led a few commentators to suggest that lawmakers might simply decide to ignore or slow-ball the process. So could they? "In legal theory that is possible. In practice that is absolutely not possible," said Alan Renwick, the deputy director of the Constitution Unit at University College London. "If there is a vote for Brexit then on Friday the PM will indicate how the process of Brexit will begin."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/6ce4a3fd7...comes-next

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
24-06-2016, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2016 12:32 AM by Slowminded.)
Who wants to bet who's next? I can't decide between Denmark and Holland.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
24-06-2016, 12:50 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/mark.../86323890/

Pound lost 10% in a single day. Euro 3.8%. Holy fucking shit.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
24-06-2016, 01:24 AM
Cameron just resigned.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
24-06-2016, 01:35 AM
Cameron's legacy. Took us out the EU and maybe destroyed it. Broke up the UK. Fucked a pig's head.
Blair's legacy. War criminal.
Major's legacy. Fucked Edwina Curry.
Thatcher's legacy. Evil incarnate.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
24-06-2016, 01:37 AM
(24-06-2016 01:35 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Cameron's legacy. Took us out the EU and maybe destroyed it. Broke up the UK. Fucked a pig's head.
Blair's legacy. War criminal.
Major's legacy. Fucked Edwina Curry.
Thatcher's legacy. Evil incarnate.

Cameron was for the remain camp IIRC? I doubt he even wanted to hold the referendum.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
24-06-2016, 01:42 AM
(24-06-2016 12:28 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Who wants to bet who's next? I can't decide between Denmark and Holland.

I wouldn't mind putting a little punt on it being France.