The European Union UK Referendum

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-06-2016, 02:59 AM
RE: The European Union UK Referendum
(24-06-2016 12:50 AM)morondog Wrote:  http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/mark.../86323890/

Pound lost 10% in a single day. Euro 3.8%. Holy fucking shit.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
24-06-2016, 03:17 AM
The Australian dollar is now worth 0.53 on the English pound.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
24-06-2016, 03:20 AM
Firstly, I have to admit to being relatively ignorant of the so-called Brexit result of the UK voting "yes" to leaving the EU.

It seems that the (sitting) PM has to agree to Article 50 of the EU act for it to legally initiated. What does this mean exactly? If the PM doesn't abide by Article 50, does this mean the UK stays in the EU, or can it be forced through parliament without the PM's acceptance?

I've also read that "the shock referendum result that defied late polls was predicted to hurt the global economy". I don't understand how the proposed "hurt" will affect us in Australia? Our trade agreements with the UK are already ratshit as far a our exports of primary produce go—and have been for decades. Conversely, there's no product of any importance that we import from the UK apart from sardines and hi-fi gear and umbrellas. LOL.

Lastly, why has this caused global stock exchanges to plummet—$50 billion here in Australia for example? And why has our dollar lost US 3¢ because of this?

At least this is all the more reason why Australia should give the flick to poor old Betty and her pack of inbred leeches, and form a republic. ASAP.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
24-06-2016, 03:47 AM
(24-06-2016 03:20 AM)SYZ Wrote:  At least this is all the more reason why Australia should give the flick to poor old Betty and her pack of inbred leeches, and form a republic. ASAP.

Yeah I hope some good can come out of this. With any luck Scotland should get its independence as well.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
24-06-2016, 04:02 AM
There is no need to panic, pound dropping was expected , it will start to recover within days.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
24-06-2016, 04:23 AM
I have to say I'm really surprised at the outcome of the vote and also that it was by such a big margin. It seems such a bad decision.

It makes me more nervous about the US election to come.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
24-06-2016, 04:29 AM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2016 04:35 AM by Slowminded.)
(24-06-2016 01:42 AM)Blessed_Cheesemaker Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 12:28 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Who wants to bet who's next? I can't decide between Denmark and Holland.

I wouldn't mind putting a little punt on it being France.

You`re on. I`m gonna go with Holland ( edited, first I went with Denmark but changed my mind) .

What is the bet ? How about a loser has to keep a signature of winner`s choosing for a month with a notion it`s per winner request ?

I want:

'It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again'

Laugh out load

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
24-06-2016, 04:36 AM
The Netherlands is tiny and is completely landlocked by EU member states so this would hit their trade. Denmark will be looking at Norway's deal with the EU and the drawbacks of it.

No I think it would be one of the PIIGS where austerity is biting the hardest, probably Greece. Greece is a huge country with lots of natural resources and access to the sea.
24-06-2016, 04:47 AM
(24-06-2016 04:36 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  The Netherlands is tiny and is completely landlocked by EU member states so this would hit their trade. Denmark will be looking at Norway's deal with the EU and the drawbacks of it.

No I think it would be one of the PIIGS where austerity is biting the hardest, probably Greece. Greece is a huge country with lots of natural resources and access to the sea.

Greece , Italy, France will also have referendums on EU almost certain, but I am betting that Holland will be faster to organize one.

24-06-2016, 04:49 AM
(24-06-2016 01:35 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Cameron's legacy. Took us out the EU and maybe destroyed it. Broke up the UK. Fucked a pig's head.
Blair's legacy. War criminal.
Major's legacy. Fucked Edwina Curry.
Thatcher's legacy. Evil incarnate.

You’re on a roll!

Like Girly suggested this might roil Scotland enough to secede.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post