The European Union UK Referendum

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
27-06-2016, 06:44 AM
The European Union UK Referendum
(27-06-2016 05:08 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 09:13 AM)Sam Wrote:  It was actually a 4% margin.

Oh wow! I just love it when a pedant crows about allegedly kicking a goal. Big Grin

It was actually 3.8%, but really, are you seriously gonna argue over a 0.8 figure?

No, I was just pointing that out, and the fact that the remain vote was expected to win with just a 2% margin...

Whichever way it went, it was going to be tight.

Sent from my hairy Welsh arse.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
27-06-2016, 06:47 AM
RE: The European Union UK Referendum
(27-06-2016 05:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 04:42 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  That's because we know the butthurt that will be coming to all of us.

Except me of course. I'm either going to be living in an independent Scotland or have dual nationality and living in Germany.

Still, I feel sorry for my parents and others who voted remain and can't escape.

Escape what? Consider

Your parents undoubtedly lived in a pre-EU Great Britain, as did many, many others.
Why not say they've escaped the EU?

Escape from the UK.

The world has changed a lot in the last 40 years. Not least because of globalization. The UK joined the EEC to compete with developing economies.

Thinking that the UK can trade with the common wealth instead is wishful thinking. The UK dropped trade with the common wealth like a red hot brick when it joined the EEC. It's not like the UK even has the same level of manufacturing any more, certainly not since Thatcher.
Find all posts by this user
27-06-2016, 07:15 AM
(27-06-2016 06:47 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 05:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  Escape what? Consider

Your parents undoubtedly lived in a pre-EU Great Britain, as did many, many others.
Why not say they've escaped the EU?

Escape from the UK.

The world has changed a lot in the last 40 years. Not least because of globalization. The UK joined the EEC to compete with developing economies.

Thinking that the UK can trade with the common wealth instead is wishful thinking. The UK dropped trade with the common wealth like a red hot brick when it joined the EEC. It's not like the UK even has the same level of manufacturing any more, certainly not since Thatcher.

It would help to look at the actual situation. In reality UK trade with the EU is on a steady decline since the 1999 and since the mid 2008 UK traded with non EU countries more then with the EU.

[Image: 19134y.jpg]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/econo...harts.html

Also, some people were saying that it will be hard for UK to secure new trading deals , especially with Germany .... LaughatLaughat

Germany, USA and Canada ALL say they want special trade deals with post-Brexit Britain

GERMANY has joined the United States and Canada in reaching out to Britain to stress the importance of trade deals with the UK outside of the European Union (EU)

Even Euro giant Germany said in a government paper it recommended making the UK an "associated partner country" following Brexit.

Also the WTO

The World Trade Organisation also said it was prepared to help Britain after the vote to leave the bloc.

WTO director-general Roberto Azevedo said: "The WTO stands ready to work with the UK and the EU to assist them in any way we can."

Take it easy people, sky is not falling down. In 5 years time you will see that this was the best thing that happened for the UK.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
27-06-2016, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2016 10:14 AM by adey67.)
Watching shit happen, sky definitely fallen, big time !! Hopefully the great Satan (Boris Johnson) and lesser Satan ( Nigel Farage) will be stopped and for the sake of our kids and the UK shit will be reversed. Tongue: (sort of) I wish I could find the source but my heart broke when I saw an image of young protesters with a banner saying " you stole our future" that summed it up perfectly for me.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
27-06-2016, 10:51 AM
(27-06-2016 06:47 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  The UK dropped trade with the common wealth like a red hot brick when it joined the EEC. [...]

Yep. Look at Australia's dwindling lamb exports to the UK. After the poms joined the EEC in 1973, our exports dropped massively. We now export less than 10,000 tonnes p.a. to the UK.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
27-06-2016, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2016 12:15 PM by adey67.)
UK financial markets are fucked. Everything is fucked how anyone can see a positive is beyond me. I'm guessing that they're blind and perhaps want to fuck the brexit leaders in the ass, yeah rape their buttholes,...... I'm so angry for my children its hard to describe brexit = full of shit I'm sorry because I like slowminded and its not personal attack on him he has his own views and so do I I just cannot see how we get passed this slow , we may differ but I still think you are an ok dude no disrespect to you.
27-06-2016, 01:02 PM
(27-06-2016 11:39 AM)adey67 Wrote:  UK financial markets are fucked. Everything is fucked how anyone can see a positive is beyond me.

adey67, don’t know if this will make you feel any better but take a look at this chart.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2016-06-24-at-9.22.05-AM.png]

"The chart above should put the Brexit in perspective. Nobody knows yet what the implications will be, but I’m pretty confident that this is no more significant than any of the six events above. Now of course there are never any guarantees, that’s what risk means. And if you need the money in the next five years, you should not be subjecting it to the risk of the stock market anyhow.”

http://theirrelevantinvestor.com/2016/06...to-crisis/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
27-06-2016, 01:33 PM
(27-06-2016 11:39 AM)adey67 Wrote:  UK financial markets are fucked. Everything is fucked how anyone can see a positive is beyond me. I'm guessing that they're blind and perhaps want to fuck the brexit leaders in the ass, yeah rape their buttholes,...... I'm so angry for my children its hard to describe brexit = full of shit I'm sorry because I like slowminded and its not personal attack on him he has his own views and so do I I just cannot see how we get passed this slow , we may differ but I still think you are an ok dude no disrespect to you.

There is no offense taken on my part, you are perfectly within your rights to call Brexit shit if you feel that way, and I understand that you are upset. After all, it is your country and your life and future we are talking about.
I am not trying to take a piss at you , I was trying to show that things are not as bad as they seem at the moment. I guess I didn't convey that very well.

I might be wrong, I might be stupid , but I promise you one thing , I wish the best for Brits and I am hoping that it will turn out for the best for you.
And please have in mind that I had nothing to do with Brexit outside of making comments in this thread, I didn't vote for "Leave" , I didn't change a single persons mind from voting to "Remain" , there is no reason for you to be angry with me.

On a funny side, when a Serb is calling for people to remain calm and rational, maybe it is the end of times.

Again, I am sorry if my posts seem like I am pouring salt on a fresh wound , that was not my intention.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
27-06-2016, 02:08 PM
A day late, and a dollar short, but an expert explanation as to why GB should leave the EU, and reasons why they should stay in. Eye-opening.

I hope she is at least good in the sack for this guy's sake.

[+] 5 users Like Dark Light's post
27-06-2016, 02:25 PM
(27-06-2016 01:33 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 11:39 AM)adey67 Wrote:  UK financial markets are fucked. Everything is fucked how anyone can see a positive is beyond me. I'm guessing that they're blind and perhaps want to fuck the brexit leaders in the ass, yeah rape their buttholes,...... I'm so angry for my children its hard to describe brexit = full of shit I'm sorry because I like slowminded and its not personal attack on him he has his own views and so do I I just cannot see how we get passed this slow , we may differ but I still think you are an ok dude no disrespect to you.

There is no offense taken on my part, you are perfectly within your rights to call Brexit shit if you feel that way, and I understand that you are upset. After all, it is your country and your life and future we are talking about.
I am not trying to take a piss at you , I was trying to show that things are not as bad as they seem at the moment. I guess I didn't convey that very well.

I might be wrong, I might be stupid , but I promise you one thing , I wish the best for Brits and I am hoping that it will turn out for the best for you.
And please have in mind that I had nothing to do with Brexit outside of making comments in this thread, I didn't vote for "Leave" , I didn't change a single persons mind from voting to "Remain" , there is no reason for you to be angry with me.

On a funny side, when a Serb is calling for people to remain calm and rational, maybe it is the end of times.

Again, I am sorry if my posts seem like I am pouring salt on a fresh wound , that was not my intention.

Hell man I'm not mad at you, like I said you are a decent balanced fellow I only hope you are right and I am wrong you have absolutely nothing to reproach yourself for.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post