The European Union UK Referendum

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
27-06-2016, 11:53 PM
RE: The European Union UK Referendum
Wow, just wow....

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/6...ate-Brexit

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2016, 12:21 AM
(27-06-2016 11:53 PM)bemore Wrote:  Wow, just wow....

Alarmist hysterical journalism IMO. ETA: I can't find much on it. Only another daily mail article that quotes this one. Sure, such a plan might be drawn up. Is it likely to ever see the light of day given the current political climate? Of course not. It'll be crushed in seconds. In fact, probably that's what it's designed to do. The mighty Germans/French/whoever publicly repudiate any such report, call it a colossal mistake etc and thus reassure their voters that there's no need to worry about such a thing.

And in any case, what's so wrong with an EU superstate? Sigh...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-06-2016, 02:41 AM
Hi,

I have a comment and question which might be relevant to the UK economy after Brexit.

The UK national debt stands at £1.7 trillion and rising.

http://www.nationaldebtclock.co.uk/

At the end of the last Labour term of government the debt was around £750 billion, just after the global banking crisis and government bail outs of the banks. At the time the Tories criticised Labour for the level of debt, and used this as an election strategy.

We have since had ‘austerity’ as any poorer person in the UK will be well aware. However, in recent years little has been said about the national debt by the Tories, and borrowing has increased the debt year on year. With Brexit now in play, three international credit rating agencies have downgraded the UK’s credit rating. Following such a downgrade we can expect to see a rise in interest payments to the markets, further inflating the national debt.

Can anyone see a downside in this?

D.
[+] 4 users Like Dworkin's post
28-06-2016, 12:44 PM
(28-06-2016 12:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 11:53 PM)bemore Wrote:  Wow, just wow....

Alarmist hysterical journalism IMO. ETA: I can't find much on it. Only another daily mail article that quotes this one. Sure, such a plan might be drawn up. Is it likely to ever see the light of day given the current political climate? Of course not. It'll be crushed in seconds. In fact, probably that's what it's designed to do. The mighty Germans/French/whoever publicly repudiate any such report, call it a colossal mistake etc and thus reassure their voters that there's no need to worry about such a thing.

And in any case, what's so wrong with an EU superstate? Sigh...

Well firstly here are the alleged original documents....

http://www.tvp.info/25939587/europejskie...y-dokument

Nobody has asked for a superstate. If they hold a referendum in each EU member state asking the citizens if they wish for it to go ahead then fair enough.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
29-06-2016, 12:36 AM
The balls on this guy are incredible; it's embarrassing that the EU leadership needs to be told to be quiet when someone else is talking, like they're all a bunch of spoiled children.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
29-06-2016, 12:39 AM
(29-06-2016 12:36 AM)Vosur Wrote:  it's embarrassing that the EU leadership needs to be told to be quiet when someone else is talking

If you don't respect others then they won't respect you.
29-06-2016, 12:43 AM
(29-06-2016 12:39 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  If you don't respect others then they won't respect you.
Yeah, except that the video starts off with them being raucous before he could even say "Good morning."

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
29-06-2016, 12:50 AM
(29-06-2016 12:43 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 12:39 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  If you don't respect others then they won't respect you.
Yeah, except that the video starts off with them being raucous before he could even say "Good morning."

So? Do you believe people should being each day with a tabula rasa like form of all prior jackassary being ignored and respect being blankity given.

It's like when Q was still here moaning that he deserves the respect to not be called protestant despite his constant phony label and attitude shifting made him never deserve it. It's not anyone's prerogative to be placating to folks who haven't demonstrated a earning of respect.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
29-06-2016, 01:20 AM
(29-06-2016 12:43 AM)Vosur Wrote:  

Yeah, except he has a history of that kind of behaviour himself. The speaker even tells the MEP's not to act like UKIP. And then Farage insults them by saying that none of them has done a proper job. This coming from a man who grabs power and never turns up to meetings as he is supposed to.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
29-06-2016, 01:45 AM
(29-06-2016 01:20 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 12:43 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Yeah, except that the video starts off with them being raucous before he could even say "Good morning."

Yeah, except he has a history of that kind of behaviour himself. The speaker even tells the MEP's not to act like UKIP. And then Farage insults them by saying that none of them has done a proper job. This coming from a man who grabs power and never turns up to meetings as he is supposed to.

Farage is an embarrassment to humanity in general and the UK in particular.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post