29-06-2016, 01:54 AM
RE: The European Union UK Referendum
[Image: hugh-vs-farage.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Mathilda's post
29-06-2016, 02:30 AM
(29-06-2016 12:50 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  So? Do you believe people should being each day with a tabula rasa like form of all prior jackassary being ignored and respect being blankity given.

It's like when Q was still here moaning that he deserves the respect to not be called protestant despite his constant phony label and attitude shifting made him never deserve it. It's not anyone's prerogative to be placating to folks who haven't demonstrated a earning of respect.
(29-06-2016 01:20 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Yeah, except he has a history of that kind of behaviour himself. The speaker even tells the MEP's not to act like UKIP. And then Farage insults them by saying that none of them has done a proper job. This coming from a man who grabs power and never turns up to meetings as he is supposed to.

Guess what, it doesn't matter who is doing the talking, the European Parliament's Rules of Procedure (rules 11, 165 and 166 to be specific) clearly forbid their members from being disruptive. The President of the European Parliament put it nicely: "Kolleginnen und Kollegen, eine große Qualität der Demokratie ist, dass man auch denen zuhört, deren Meinung man nicht teilt" ("Colleagues, a major quality of democracy is that you also listen to those whose opinion you don't share"). The petulant children who booed him have no respect for the spirit of the democracy and for the rules of their own organization. I have serious doubts that the two of you would be making the same kind of excuses for Farage if the roles in the video were reversed.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
29-06-2016, 03:08 AM
(29-06-2016 02:30 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I have serious doubts that the two of you would be making the same kind of excuses for Farage if the roles in the video were reversed.

It's shameful is what it is, when a racist hate-mongering prick gets booed. Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-06-2016, 04:38 AM
(29-06-2016 12:36 AM)Vosur Wrote:  The balls on this guy are incredible; it's embarrassing that the EU leadership needs to be told to be quiet when someone else is talking, like they're all a bunch of spoiled children.

That was so British.

[Image: oscar.png]
30-06-2016, 12:14 AM
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36659900

No access to Europe's market unless UK plays by the rules. So like *the* primary reason they voted to leave the EU, control of immigration is *still* outside of their hands, and *still* determined by those terrible faceless bureaucrats in Brussels. Laughat

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
30-06-2016, 12:23 AM
(29-06-2016 03:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  It's shameful is what it is, when a racist hate-mongering prick gets booed. Dodgy
I'm afraid I don't know much about the man. Can you please post some of the racist things he said?

30-06-2016, 01:00 AM
(30-06-2016 12:23 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 03:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  It's shameful is what it is, when a racist hate-mongering prick gets booed. Dodgy
I'm afraid I don't know much about the man. Can you please post some of the racist things he said?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016...f-migrants

At the very least, even if you're going to defend him, you have to admit that my comment was reasonable.

30-06-2016, 01:32 AM
(29-06-2016 04:38 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 12:36 AM)Vosur Wrote:  The balls on this guy are incredible; it's embarrassing that the EU leadership needs to be told to be quiet when someone else is talking, like they're all a bunch of spoiled children.

That was so British.

Hi,

Just wondering. Has anyone here seen the House of Commons in action?

Laugh out load

D.
30-06-2016, 01:43 AM
(30-06-2016 01:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016...f-migrants

At the very least, even if you're going to defend him, you have to admit that my comment was reasonable.
Thanks. I'm still not sure about "racist", but I would definitely consider that poster fear or hate-mongering as well.

30-06-2016, 02:13 AM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2016 02:22 AM by Zeff.)
Perhaps they should have used the Tory poster pic from 1978.....
http://backspace.com/notes/2002/09/the-p...ection.php
I'm not sure the use of the UKIP poster was racist either, but it was certainly insensitive and bad judgement at the very least.
UKIP, their political leadership and assessments were good reasons for voting Remain.

And I just wanted to add that I don't think the referendum proved that the majority of voters wanted Brexit. The vote was less than 52% against over 48%, less than four percent difference. 28% of people didn't vote and I think most of them would have voted remain. Like many people, I noted the bookies odds against a Brexit vote of 4:1 and believed the media reports that Remain would likely win, though it "looked like it could go either way". Many of us wanted a close vote that would be a shot across the EU bows.

In theory, before the 1972 EU act is revoked and Article 50 invoked, there is time to change this around as happened in Denmark over Maastricht in the 1990s and Ireland over the Lisbon Treaty in 2008. The Tories seem not to offer that way forward and there has been no effective loyal opposition in the UK since the 2015 election.

This was an interesting comment earlier: "Yes. The Council of the European Union itself ruled in November 2014 that an abstention by member countries under qualified majority voting would count as a vote against. As 28% of the UK population abstained, there's no way that could be considered as an "aye" in toto for the UK (leaving the EU, that is)." (A link to this was requested, but I suppose it can be traced by anyone).
[+] 1 user Likes Zeff's post