The European Union UK Referendum

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-07-2016, 06:03 AM
RE: The European Union UK Referendum
(01-07-2016 05:15 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(01-07-2016 04:10 AM)morondog Wrote:  I didn't write the script. You want to suggest that they won't play it this way? What do you see happening? Already one of your ideas, that the Brits would just strongarm their way into the single market *and* get away from the faceless bureaucrats in Brussels, is looking unlikely to happen.

Great thinking Bro Thumbsup

Nice strawman bro, I never said that Brits will strongarm their way into the single market , that was your ( deliberate ? ) misrepresentation of what I said.
What I said was just a simple easy to check fact , cutting UK out of trading with EU hurts the EU more then it hurts the UK.
I also posted the charts and links supporting this claim and I also posted a link containing this quote.

Even Euro giant Germany said in a government paper it recommended making the UK an "associated partner country" following Brexit.

and I will provide another link right now

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/683687/...et-Juncker

German manufacturers quickly moved to demand tariff-free trade with the post-Brexit UK whilst Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande dismissed suggestions Britain would be punished for leaving the Union.

Matthias Wissmann president of the German Association of the Automotive Industry

“Every possible measure must be undertaken to enable the continued free movement of goods and services between the UK and the other EU countries.

“Following British departure from the EU, it will be in nobody’s interest to make the international flow of goods more expensive by erecting customs barriers between Britain and the European continent.”

So, to answer your question. This is the way I see it likely to happen.

I provided plenty of links to support my position while you only gloated over the assumption that Brits will not get what they voted for.

Quote:No access to Europe's market unless UK plays by the rules. So like *the* primary reason they voted to leave the EU, control of immigration is *still* outside of their hands, and *still* determined by those terrible faceless bureaucrats in Brussels. Laughat

You seem to wish the UK to decent into chaos and recession in order to prove you right?

Luckily , grownups are in charge of the situation.

Looking at all the bickering and back stabbing in both the tory and labour parties I'm not sure, they all seem to be throwing their toys out of the pram. Big Grin Laugh out load
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2016, 06:12 AM
(01-07-2016 05:15 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  You seem to wish the UK to decent into chaos and recession in order to prove you right?

Oh fuck off. My brother happens to live there - I'd be perfectly happy if this works out for them. my link that I posted merely emphasizes my original point in this thread, that voting for Brexit *prior* to negotiating was always gonna put them in a bad position for the negotiation.

I mean imagine what things would have looked like if all those politicians who pushed for Brexit had an actual plan ready to implement? Had already got an idea of what would happen. Instead we've got this crazy financial instability and no one knows which way it'll go.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-07-2016, 06:35 AM
(01-07-2016 06:03 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(01-07-2016 05:15 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Nice strawman bro, I never said that Brits will strongarm their way into the single market , that was your ( deliberate ? ) misrepresentation of what I said.
What I said was just a simple easy to check fact , cutting UK out of trading with EU hurts the EU more then it hurts the UK.
I also posted the charts and links supporting this claim and I also posted a link containing this quote.

Even Euro giant Germany said in a government paper it recommended making the UK an "associated partner country" following Brexit.

and I will provide another link right now

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/683687/...et-Juncker

German manufacturers quickly moved to demand tariff-free trade with the post-Brexit UK whilst Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande dismissed suggestions Britain would be punished for leaving the Union.

Matthias Wissmann president of the German Association of the Automotive Industry

“Every possible measure must be undertaken to enable the continued free movement of goods and services between the UK and the other EU countries.

“Following British departure from the EU, it will be in nobody’s interest to make the international flow of goods more expensive by erecting customs barriers between Britain and the European continent.”

So, to answer your question. This is the way I see it likely to happen.

I provided plenty of links to support my position while you only gloated over the assumption that Brits will not get what they voted for.

You seem to wish the UK to decent into chaos and recession in order to prove you right?

Looking at all the bickering and back stabbing in both the tory and labour parties I'm not sure, they all seem to be throwing their toys out of the pram. Big Grin Laugh out load
True, some political madness was bound to happen. It has been barely a week since the vote and a period of political and economical instability is likely to last few months, at least until you get a new PM.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
01-07-2016, 07:04 AM
morondog ' Wrote:  my link that I posted merely emphasizes my original point in this thread, that voting for Brexit *prior* to negotiating was always gonna put them in a bad position for the negotiation.

I mean imagine what things would have looked like if all those politicians who pushed for Brexit had an actual plan ready to implement? Had already got an idea of what would happen. Instead we've got this crazy financial instability and no one knows which way it'll go.

Cameron did *try* to negotiate with the EU prior to the referendum and got very little out of it, perhaps if the EU had been more willing to compromise the referendum result would have been different, but the result of the negotiations only served to reinforce opinion that the EU is unyielding and dictatorial. To me it looks like a case of the EU calling the UK's bluff, rather than any real desire to adapt to suit it's members needs.

And until the UK has actually left the EU it is prevented by EU law from starting any negotiations with the EU itself, or individual members of the EU, or indeed any other country of the world. When (if) the UK invokes Article 50 (giving notice that is wishes to leave the EU) the only negotiations allowed are regarding the arrangements for leaving, not for arrangements going forward.

Although what are they going to do if we break the rules - kick us out (being facetious here, the problem would be other countries not wanting to piss off the EU).

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes ukatheist's post
01-07-2016, 07:15 AM
(01-07-2016 06:12 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-07-2016 05:15 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  You seem to wish the UK to decent into chaos and recession in order to prove you right?

Oh fuck off. My brother happens to live there - I'd be perfectly happy if this works out for them. my link that I posted merely emphasizes my original point in this thread, that voting for Brexit *prior* to negotiating was always gonna put them in a bad position for the negotiation.

Politicians who pushed for Brexit are not in power , they are not in the position to implement any plan so having one would be futile and a waste of time on their part.
It is a job of the government to implement the will of the people regardless if they personally agree with it. It is in fact Cameron who needed to have a plan, the fact that he was personally against Brexit has no barring on that fact.

If you actually followed the situation you would know that prior negotiation have failed.

Prior of the vote:

European Commission Jean-Claude Juncker repeated Brussels’ warning a Brexit vote will not extract greater concessions from the EU in a bid to keep Britain in the bloc.

The unelected official told reporters in Brussels: “The British policy makers and the British voters have to know that there will not be any kind of renegotiation.

"We have concluded a deal with the prime minister, he got the maximum he could receive, we gave the maximum we could give.

“So there will be no renegotiation, not on the agreement we found in February, nor as far as any kind of treaty negotiations are concerned.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/6...orm-Remain

There was a clear signal from the EU that negotiations of the UK`s role in the EU are over.

So, your original point.....?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
01-07-2016, 07:22 AM
(01-07-2016 07:15 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(01-07-2016 06:12 AM)morondog Wrote:  Oh fuck off. My brother happens to live there - I'd be perfectly happy if this works out for them. my link that I posted merely emphasizes my original point in this thread, that voting for Brexit *prior* to negotiating was always gonna put them in a bad position for the negotiation.

Politicians who pushed for Brexit are not in power , they are not in the position to implement any plan so having one would be futile and a waste of time on their part.
It is a job of the government to implement the will of the people regardless if they personally agree with it. It is in fact Cameron who needed to have a plan, the fact that he was personally against Brexit has no barring on that fact.

If you actually followed the situation you would know that prior negotiation have failed.

Prior of the vote:

European Commission Jean-Claude Juncker repeated Brussels’ warning a Brexit vote will not extract greater concessions from the EU in a bid to keep Britain in the bloc.

The unelected official told reporters in Brussels: “The British policy makers and the British voters have to know that there will not be any kind of renegotiation.

"We have concluded a deal with the prime minister, he got the maximum he could receive, we gave the maximum we could give.

“So there will be no renegotiation, not on the agreement we found in February, nor as far as any kind of treaty negotiations are concerned.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/6...orm-Remain

There was a clear signal from the EU that negotiations of the UK`s role in the EU are over.

So, your original point.....?

Fair points all...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-07-2016, 07:34 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2016 07:59 AM by ukatheist.)
The European Union UK Referendum
[Image: e17785e6de86b1577ee740bc53bcf4cf.jpg]

Sorry I know this adds nothing to the thread but on my phone it keeps coming up with that earlier pic of Farage and I can't bear it any more.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Edit: Arrgh, why is he still there? For the love of FSM will someone help me!?!
Edit again: Dont know if someone took pity on me and fixed this - if so thank you- but Farage is gone Smile
[+] 1 user Likes ukatheist's post
01-07-2016, 08:15 AM

The meme that will never die rises again. Cut off one vid 2 more shall take it's place. Heil Downfall!

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
01-07-2016, 10:01 AM
(01-07-2016 07:04 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  Cameron did *try* to negotiate with the EU prior to the referendum and got very little out of it, perhaps if the EU had been more willing to compromise the referendum result would have been different, but the result of the negotiations only served to reinforce opinion that the EU is unyielding and dictatorial. To me it looks like a case of the EU calling the UK's bluff, rather than any real desire to adapt to suit it's members needs.

Heard the same crap from my mother. Do you actually know what Cameron was trying to get rid of when he renegotiated with the EU and what it would have meant had he succeeded? Basically he was trying to get rid of worker's rights. Fine if you're a pensioner otherwise fuck that. And a few years down the line the Brits would have been back to get rid of some other regulations that protect us all in order to make a select few even richer.

The EU did the right thing.
01-07-2016, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2016 10:17 AM by adey67.)
(01-07-2016 08:15 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

The meme that will never die rises again. Cut off one vid 2 more shall take it's place. Heil Downfall!

I love downfall memes especially the one about hitler getting an STD that's the best. This one kinda reinforces my last but one post though so thanks for posting Laugh out load