The European Union UK Referendum

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-06-2016, 12:12 PM
RE: The European Union UK Referendum
I think with regards to trade nothing will happen overnight if the leave campaign win and the UK leaves (apart from a certain shock/uncertainty in markets) Things will carry on as usual for a few years whilst they renegotiate the terms and agreements. Whilst the UK will be restricted in having to abide to EU rules it will be free to set its own tarrifs in a way that suits its own economical needs.

I dont think it will be an out vote anyway, i'll be shocked if it is Gasp

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2016, 12:50 PM
(02-06-2016 12:12 PM)bemore Wrote:  I think with regards to trade nothing will happen overnight if the leave campaign win and the UK leaves (apart from a certain shock/uncertainty in markets) Things will carry on as usual for a few years whilst they renegotiate the terms and agreements. Whilst the UK will be restricted in having to abide to EU rules it will be free to set its own tarrifs in a way that suits its own economical needs.

I dont think it will be an out vote anyway, i'll be shocked if it is Gasp

Honestly , I don't even know why I am debating this , but you asked for outsiders opinions and like our favorite fictional character said "Ask and you shall receive"

Opinions that is, don't ask for money or sexual services. Unsure

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
02-06-2016, 03:14 PM
(02-06-2016 12:12 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 10:47 AM)adey67 Wrote:  It is my honest but not very popular opinion that much eu disagreement is as a result of Germany trying to over compensate for their past and be all things to all people, I'm sure I will get roasted for that but meh.

I´d like my Adey well done, thanks. Can i have some fries with that?

Germany triggers Turkish outcry with Armenian genocide vote

Iraq disarmament crisis

US diplomatic pressure to bring Iraq to compliance quickly created a diplomatic crisis in the UN, where some members were in agreement with the U.S. position, while others dissented, notably the permanent Security Council members France, Russia and the People's Republic of China, and fellow NATO members Germany and Belgium.

You can roast me any time so long as its humerous and with roast potatoes and apple sauce Tongue
02-06-2016, 03:43 PM
I've been reading some about it, since I'm just a poor American, I don't know if the articles I've read are slanted in one direction or another.

But from what I have read it sounds like there are a few more pros than cons in favor of leaving it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-06-2016, 03:51 PM
(02-06-2016 03:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've been reading some about it, since I'm just a poor American, I don't know if the articles I've read are slanted in one direction or another.

But from what I have read it sounds like there are a few more pros than cons in favor of leaving it.

Obama would disagree Tongue Big Grin
02-06-2016, 04:16 PM
(02-06-2016 03:51 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 03:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've been reading some about it, since I'm just a poor American, I don't know if the articles I've read are slanted in one direction or another.

Obama would disagree Tongue Big Grin

Well, if Obama says.....

Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-06-2016, 04:59 PM
It looks like it's going to be a very close call. The leave campaign will concentrate on immigration. This will play on peoples minds. All they will hear is that as members of the EU the whole of Eastern Europe is going move to the UK and sponge off the state. The stay campaign will concentrate on the economic chaos that will ensue. I have a feeling it will be a case of .... " Chocks away, tally ho and bye bye Europe".
So, the Brits leave Europe, Trump becomes president of the US...mmmmm we live in interesting times.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
02-06-2016, 09:45 PM
In the larger scheme of European history this will be but a blip, it won’t even make it unto this map.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
03-06-2016, 12:04 AM
(02-06-2016 03:14 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 12:12 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I´d like my Adey well done, thanks. Can i have some fries with that?

Germany triggers Turkish outcry with Armenian genocide vote

Iraq disarmament crisis

US diplomatic pressure to bring Iraq to compliance quickly created a diplomatic crisis in the UN, where some members were in agreement with the U.S. position, while others dissented, notably the permanent Security Council members France, Russia and the People's Republic of China, and fellow NATO members Germany and Belgium.

You can roast me any time so long as its humerous and with roast potatoes and apple sauce Tongue

DEAL!

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
03-06-2016, 12:21 AM
(02-06-2016 12:08 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Main reasons are keeping their sovereignty, control of their borders , and the power to elect and remove from office people who govern their lives.
Right now, their lives are governed by nameless , faceless bureaucrats in Brussels who are elected by no one and who answer to no one.

Gasp Dear God, they have a European government??? And the Brits can't run the entire show themselves? I had no idea! It must be deconstructed immediately.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post