The European Union UK Referendum

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-06-2016, 03:31 PM
RE: The European Union UK Referendum
(03-06-2016 08:38 AM)cjlr Wrote:  No. I said that Canada adopted a new flag without changing our constitution.

Various Commonwealth members have actually kept British elements in their flags after becoming republics, incidentally; although the only one who still does is, if I recall correctly, Fiji, who plan to change theirs this year (having been a republic since 1987).

Yabut, British Columbia, Manitoba, and Ontario. Yes

And maybe still some Canadian military flags? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2016, 02:54 AM
Just the song:

The whole thing:

I don't know why they just build a wall to keep the immigrants out.

Consider

Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
20-06-2016, 04:54 AM
(20-06-2016 02:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I don't know why they just build a wall to keep the immigrants out.

Consider

And get the European Union to cover the cost of building the wall.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post
20-06-2016, 05:09 AM
(20-06-2016 04:54 AM)Marozz Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 02:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I don't know why they just build a wall to keep the immigrants out.

Consider

Nah! Just the French.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
20-06-2016, 05:26 AM
(20-06-2016 04:54 AM)Marozz Wrote:  

Consider

Trust me, that would be tremendous.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
20-06-2016, 06:28 AM
(20-06-2016 05:26 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 04:54 AM)Marozz Wrote:  And get the European Union to cover the cost of building the wall.

Trust me, that would be tremendous.

The Germans tried that some ways back. Did not keep those bloody brits out.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
20-06-2016, 01:11 PM
(01-06-2016 01:47 AM)bemore Wrote:  Sooooo..... on the 23rd June the UK gets to vote if they should stay in the European Union or to leave it.

Whilst I am interested in everybodies opinion I feel I am lacking an opinion from those outside of the UK, from most of you guys and gals.

So as outsiders looking in, whats your take on it?
Britain should stay. It's just the direction the world is going. They once packed a tidy punch, back in the days of empire. Times have changed. 21st century is the century of super-states.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
20-06-2016, 01:55 PM
So the vote happens in a few days...

Does anyone else hope they do leave, just to see what happens?

Popcorn

I've heard some Brits and Canadians say similar things about a trump presidency.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-06-2016, 02:45 PM
I am an American, never been to Europe, though I have traveled from the Arctic circle to south of the equator on this side of the globe. But I never did understand the EU. It was written up in the press as Europe trying to be the USA. It was preached from the pulpit as the beginning of the End when Europe tries to unite and the Pope takes over from all heads of state and Jesus rappels down from the sky with a sword sticking out of his mouth for the purpose of killing 1/3 of mankind etc... But never did really understand it much. Why didn't Britain get fully involved. Why did they keep their own currency? It reminds one of the constant talk of Texas withdrawing from the USA because they wrote a clause into their original contract of joining that they had the right to do so. Although no one can find a copy at present of such a document. So that is my answer to what I think about it: I don't know enuff information to have a valid opinion.
20-06-2016, 05:06 PM
(20-06-2016 02:45 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  . Why didn't Britain get fully involved. Why did they keep their own currency?

It's only a theory of mine but I believe that due to how strong the british pound/sterling is and how strong our economy is it was only logical for us to keep it, especially as we contribute the most into the EU ponzi scheme.

Leave was ahead in the polls till Jo Cox MP was murdered and now for some unforseen reason its neck and neck again.

The polls go against everyone I talk to. Now I would say that about 10% of the people I speak to want to remain, about 30% dont know and 60% want out.

One thing to come out of all of this if remain do win is that it has made the country take note and learn about what the EU actually is and how it operates, its made people talk and I dont think it will be forgotten for a generation.

Wait till they try to close the deal with TTIP, that should be fun.......

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.