The European Union UK Referendum

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
20-06-2016, 05:33 PM
RE: The European Union UK Referendum
(20-06-2016 05:06 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 02:45 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  . Why didn't Britain get fully involved. Why did they keep their own currency?

It's only a theory of mine but I believe that due to how strong the british pound/sterling is and how strong our economy is it was only logical for us to keep it, especially as we contribute the most into the EU ponzi scheme.

Leave was ahead in the polls till Jo Cox MP was murdered and now for some unforseen reason its neck and neck again.

The polls go against everyone I talk to. Now I would say that about 10% of the people I speak to want to remain, about 30% dont know and 60% want out.

One thing to come out of all of this if remain do win is that it has made the country take note and learn about what the EU actually is and how it operates, its made people talk and I dont think it will be forgotten for a generation.

Wait till they try to close the deal with TTIP, that should be fun.......

Did you make up your mind?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2016, 05:45 PM
I just don't get why so many people unashamedly or seemingly uncritically in their phrasing can just promote things as "needs" like nationalist and purist leaning moral values. It's just so weak to see sovereignty routinely asserted as a necessity or demand without justification ever, because people literally think that simplified.

If UK did leave, I'd think Scotland would push to get themselves another referendum.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
20-06-2016, 06:09 PM
From what I have seen the LEave side is mostly emotional and based on a lot of just incorrect information, the stay side is more concerned about the economic impact than how good the EU is for Britain. One thing is for sure if the Brexit happens Scotland will reup their succession vote and it would pass (EU is very popular is Scotland).

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
21-06-2016, 01:23 AM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2016 09:59 AM by Deesse23.)
(20-06-2016 02:45 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  . Why didn't Britain get fully involved. Why did they keep their own currency?

Since the demise/loss of the Angevine Empire it was britains political strategy to keep itself separate from mainland europe. Britain always wanted to have the opportunity to intervene in mainland europes matters for its own interests but be in any possible way independent from europe.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
21-06-2016, 07:33 AM
The European Union UK Referendum
[Image: 9b1568ff7c9f64d79cbe161efcc6c0f2.jpg]

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Sorry dont know why its gone on twice Confused

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[+] 4 users Like ukatheist's post
21-06-2016, 07:36 AM
(21-06-2016 07:33 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  [Image: 9b1568ff7c9f64d79cbe161efcc6c0f2.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
21-06-2016, 08:43 AM
(20-06-2016 01:11 PM)tomilay Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 01:47 AM)bemore Wrote:  Sooooo..... on the 23rd June the UK gets to vote if they should stay in the European Union or to leave it.

Whilst I am interested in everybodies opinion I feel I am lacking an opinion from those outside of the UK, from most of you guys and gals.

So as outsiders looking in, whats your take on it?
Britain should stay. It's just the direction the world is going. They once packed a tidy punch, back in the days of empire. Times have changed. 21st century is the century of super-states.
We signed up for trade not a super state. But don't you worry Britain will stay its a forgone conclusion now. I guarantee the remain turds will win which is kinda a shame as the EU is a pile of stinky sloppy expensive non democratic dogs diarrhoea.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
21-06-2016, 04:06 PM
(21-06-2016 07:33 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  [Image: 9b1568ff7c9f64d79cbe161efcc6c0f2.jpg]

That option "leave because I'm a chaotic neutral and just wanna see what happens" is scarily accurate to my actual opinion.

Leave because I wanna see if the whole EU follows suit and eventually collapses or if it just carries on as usual.

But stay because what John Oliver said.
21-06-2016, 04:17 PM
(21-06-2016 04:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

That option "leave because I'm a chaotic neutral and just wanna see what happens" is scarily accurate to my actual opinion.

Leave because I wanna see if the whole EU follows suit and eventually collapses or if it just carries on as usual.

Does anyone else appreciate the irony of the idea of the Brits mounting a separatist insurrection, revolution even, or is it just me?

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-06-2016, 04:38 PM
(21-06-2016 04:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-06-2016 04:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  That option "leave because I'm a chaotic neutral and just wanna see what happens" is scarily accurate to my actual opinion.

Does anyone else appreciate the irony of the idea of the Brits mounting a separatist insurrection, revolution even, or is it just me?

Go on.. You know you love us and want us to rule the world for ever and ever amen .
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post