The Evil Banana
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2011, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2011 04:36 PM by Buddy Christ.)
RE: The Evil Banana
That pic is very... hi-def.

I would have to chose between the Bible Fruit banana (Now you wanna have sex with the fries!)

or Hand Banana

[Image: handbanana26.jpg]

But as far as the "what does it all mean" ape OP... maybe it suggests that we shouldn't take our traditions and and behaviors as justified unless sufficient reason and evidence exists to suggest such.

We are told not to stick a fork in an electrical outlet since birth. We don't need to question this accepted behavior because it is supported by what we know about electricity, conduits, and causes of death. However, all the silly things we accept without obvious reason or evidence should be questioned. Like "why shouldn't we eat the easily accessible banana?" Maybe our ape ancestors had silly fears about ladders, or just didn't like bananas.

Included in such things that should be questioned are:

Don't swim for x amount of minutes after you eat.
If you don't wear a coat in cold weather, you will become sick.
Recycling trash is better than throwing it in the garbage.
Marijuana will lead to other drugs and will make you crazy.
If you sin you will go to hell and burn for eternity.

All of these are straight out of Penn and Teller episodes and have been proven false. Question question question.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2011, 02:48 AM
RE: The Evil Banana
That's an old joke. I heard a slightly different variation:

Nobody touches the banana and nobody knows why. It's always been that way. That's how military tradition starts Tongue

Back on topic. It's Same for religion:

You can't eat pork according to the Qu'ran and the old testament: it's in the scriptures and nobody questions it. No real muslim/jew realizes this is an hygienic problem that was solved quite some time ago.

Same goes for halal slaughtering. It made sense in the time, so it should make sense now. They don't think about the modernization of rules or the possibilities of more humane slaughtering.

"We've always done it that way and it's the only right way. Don't ask questions!"

I suppose there are thousands of examples of actions based on past traditions that don't make sense.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply