The Evisceration of the Exodus

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
03-08-2015, 02:06 PM
RE: The Evisceration of the Exodus
(03-08-2015 11:45 AM)Alla Wrote:  29 trillion quails?

At Exodus 16:13, the great and powerful Oz brings forth a huge amount of quails from the sea to feed his chosen people. Let’s examine this, we read at Number 11:31 that these quails were “stacked up on the face of the earth” to a height of two cubits, equivalent to about 44 inches high, in a row the length of “a day’s journey around the camp.” Estimates show based on the settlements descriptions at Numbers 2 and 24, that the camps total mass would be 4,569.76 square miles or 452,404,727,808 cubic feet of birds. This equates to approximately 29 trillion individual birds. Let’s say this estimation was 99% inaccurate, we would still be discussing 290 million birds, to be picked up immediately, cleaned, cooked and consumed by couple million people, providing dozens or hundreds of quails per person. Where do they get all the wood to cook with, and what did they do with the birds remains?

Q:What does it prove?
A:it proves that not all Prophets know their math. But it does not mean that story is not true.

It absolutely means the story is not true, there is not one shred of evidence a mass of people that size stomped around in the Sinai desert.....fiction. How ever does a prophet not have the right story...isn't the knowledge divinely given? Laughat

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2015, 02:32 PM
(03-08-2015 01:58 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  EDIT....hmmmm perhaps we need a thread split...going off topic here..
I agree. Would you open new thread, please?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
03-08-2015, 02:44 PM
(03-08-2015 02:06 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  It absolutely means the story is not true,

I disagree. It doesn't make the whole story false. It makes true story a story with some mistakes.
(03-08-2015 02:06 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  there is not one shred of evidence a mass of people that size stomped around in the Sinai desert.....fiction.
I agree that there is no evidence. But it doesn't mean you know the story is fiction. You BELIEVE that story is fiction.
(03-08-2015 02:06 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  How ever does a prophet not have the right story...isn't the knowledge divinely given? Laughat
Not everything that prophet says is divinely given. Only revelations from God are divinely given. Moses's description of details/of quantity of quails is his own word. His own conclusion. When Prophet shares his opinion, idea, understanding he can be wrong.
But when the Prophet speaks the revelation from God there are no mistakes.
Who cares how many birds were there? The point that Moses made: it was enough.

03-08-2015, 02:47 PM
(03-08-2015 02:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 01:58 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  EDIT....hmmmm perhaps we need a thread split...going off topic here..
I agree. Would you open new thread, please?

Done:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid824832

Come on down Big Grin

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
03-08-2015, 02:49 PM
(03-08-2015 02:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  I agree that there is no evidence. But it doesn't mean you know the story is fiction. You BELIEVE that story is fiction.

Belief is not anything if it doesn't match reality. One account is in line with observed evidence, the other is not. It's pretty clear which is more likely to be true than the other. Continuing to believe some legend purely because you want to is not logical and doesn't bode well for future encounters with reality.

You're a girl right? What would you do if the prophet told you to get married to someone you don't like?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
03-08-2015, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2015 03:26 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(03-08-2015 02:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 02:06 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  It absolutely means the story is not true,

I disagree. It doesn't make the whole story false. It makes true story a story with some mistakes.
(03-08-2015 02:06 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  there is not one shred of evidence a mass of people that size stomped around in the Sinai desert.....fiction.
I agree that there is no evidence. But it doesn't mean you know the story is fiction. You BELIEVE that story is fiction.
(03-08-2015 02:06 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  How ever does a prophet not have the right story...isn't the knowledge divinely given? Laughat
Not everything that prophet says is divinely given. Only revelations from God are divinely given. Moses's description of details/of quantity of quails is his own word. His own conclusion. When Prophet shares his opinion, idea, understanding he can be wrong.

No, because there is no evidence on many levels that it never happened, as I pointed out in great detail in my original post, feel free to provide countering information substantiating the biblical Exodus happened. I dont need to believe it didn't happen, I KNOW it didnt happen. See the difference?

Moses never existed...and it does matter, if it is a truthful account of what happened, why embellish? Why be so wrong on such an epic level?

[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
03-08-2015, 03:12 PM
I just find it utterly unfathomable that the Great and Powerful Oz as the OP put it was apparently able and willing to unleash 10 plagues on Egypt in order to get the Hebrews out of there - but couldn't manifest a map?
[+] 3 users Like Mr. Boston's post
03-08-2015, 03:17 PM
(03-08-2015 03:12 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  I just find it utterly unfathomable that the Great and Powerful Oz as the OP put it was apparently able and willing to unleash 10 plagues on Egypt in order to get the Hebrews out of there - but couldn't manifest a map?

...and heard the cries of his people, but couldn't find them.....oooh I know, have them put a drop of lamb's blood on their door so I can find them.... Rolleyes

Isn't mythology fun?

03-08-2015, 03:17 PM
(03-08-2015 02:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  

So.. whenever they're wrong, it's them, and whenever they're right, it's god.
You are hysterical, Alla.
Laughat

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
03-08-2015, 03:18 PM
(03-08-2015 02:50 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 02:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  I disagree. It doesn't make the whole story false. It makes true story a story with some mistakes.

No, because there is no evidence on many levels that it never happened, as I pointed out in great detail in my original post, feel free to provide countering information substantiating the biblical Exodus happened. I dont need to believe it didn't happen, I KNOW it didnt happen. See the difference?

Moses never existed...and it does matter, if it is an truthful account of what happened, why embellish? Why be so wrong on such an epic level?
You don't believe Moses ever existed. That is why you don't believe what is written in his 5 books.
It is fine with me.