The Evisceration of the Exodus

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
03-08-2015, 03:21 PM
RE: The Evisceration of the Exodus
(03-08-2015 03:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So.. whenever they're wrong, it's them, and whenever they're right, it's god.
You are hysterical, Alla.
Laughat
Not exactly. Not all personal opinions of the Prophets are wrong.
2+2=4
I am right and I don't need God to know this.
But every time they are wrong it is not from God.
Prophets never, never, never said that every time they open their mouth it is revelation from God.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2015, 03:24 PM
(03-08-2015 02:49 PM)morondog Wrote:  You're a girl right? What would you do if the prophet told you to get married to someone you don't like?
why would he say this?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
03-08-2015, 03:28 PM
(03-08-2015 03:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 02:50 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  No, because there is no evidence on many levels that it never happened, as I pointed out in great detail in my original post, feel free to provide countering information substantiating the biblical Exodus happened. I dont need to believe it didn't happen, I KNOW it didnt happen. See the difference?

Moses never existed...and it does matter, if it is an truthful account of what happened, why embellish? Why be so wrong on such an epic level?
You don't believe Moses ever existed. That is why you don't believe what is written in his 5 books.
It is fine with me.

NO, I know he didn't exist, and can substantiate that to great detail. See the difference? You believe based on faith, I disbelieve based on knowledge.

(03-08-2015 03:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 02:49 PM)morondog Wrote:  You're a girl right? What would you do if the prophet told you to get married to someone you don't like?
why would he say this?

I am awaiting your response on my thread debunking mormonism...tread carefully child, you have no idea the depth of my knowledge in that religion, but you will soon.

Click here Smile

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-Mormonism

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
03-08-2015, 03:42 PM
(03-08-2015 03:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  
why would he say this?

Assume that he did, without worrying about a motive, can you answer?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
03-08-2015, 03:56 PM
(03-08-2015 03:21 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 03:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So.. whenever they're wrong, it's them, and whenever they're right, it's god.
You are hysterical, Alla.
Laughat
Not exactly. Not all personal opinions of the Prophets are wrong.
2+2=4
I am right and I don't need God to know this.
But every time they are wrong it is not from God.
Prophets never, never, never said that every time they open their mouth it is revelation from God.

You have no clue what you're spouting there, child. The prophets said *nothing* that was not personal opinion. There is no god,therefore he could have taught them nothing.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
03-08-2015, 05:04 PM
A lot of work in the OP although, as Mark pointed out, good xtians will never read it.

If you want to sucker one of the assholes into a debate just ask them "when" this all took place. They will pull dates out of their asses which you can then shoot down one by one.

Remember, in order for the Big Book of Holy Horseshit to be true we need a period of nearly 1,000 years of bondage, exodus, conquest, pre-temple Israel. It is not there.

Oh, and someone else asked why couldn't 'god' create a map? Even better, explain this line:

Quote:17 And it came to pass, when Pharaoh had let the people go, that God led them not by the way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near; for God said, Lest peradventure the people repent when they see war, and they return to Egypt:

Exodus 13

Having just laid the Egyptian low why was 'god' afraid of the Phillistines?

Hint: This is another of the useful anachronisms from above.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
03-08-2015, 05:36 PM
(03-08-2015 03:28 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I am awaiting your response on my thread debunking mormonism...tread carefully child, you have no idea the depth of my knowledge in that religion, but you will soon.

Click here Smile

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-Mormonism

Popcorn

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
03-08-2015, 06:46 PM
(03-08-2015 10:15 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  The point they miss is, the entire thing can be traced back to its fabrication, and assimilation, plagiarized from older Greek, Crete, Babylonian and Sumerian myths. So how does one identify truth amongst the fiction, forgery and fantasy? How does one dismiss the plethora of countering evidence? How does one choose to not look at the copious amount of real physical evidence that completely debunks all of the major stories of the bible?

Answer: [Image: lalala.gif]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-08-2015, 06:49 PM
(03-08-2015 11:13 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 10:41 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Alla, do you actually think ANYONE here takes that pious drivel you spout seriously ?
No, I don't think this and I do not really care how anyone takes what I say.

If you don't care, why the fuck are you here? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
03-08-2015, 07:15 PM
(03-08-2015 02:06 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 11:45 AM)Alla Wrote:  29 trillion quails?

At Exodus 16:13, the great and powerful Oz brings forth a huge amount of quails from the sea to feed his chosen people. Let’s examine this, we read at Number 11:31 that these quails were “stacked up on the face of the earth” to a height of two cubits, equivalent to about 44 inches high, in a row the length of “a day’s journey around the camp.” Estimates show based on the settlements descriptions at Numbers 2 and 24, that the camps total mass would be 4,569.76 square miles or 452,404,727,808 cubic feet of birds. This equates to approximately 29 trillion individual birds. Let’s say this estimation was 99% inaccurate, we would still be discussing 290 million birds, to be picked up immediately, cleaned, cooked and consumed by couple million people, providing dozens or hundreds of quails per person. Where do they get all the wood to cook with, and what did they do with the birds remains?

Q:What does it prove?
A:it proves that not all Prophets know their math. But it does not mean that story is not true.

It absolutely means the story is not true, there is not one shred of evidence a mass of people that size stomped around in the Sinai desert.....fiction. How ever does a prophet not have the right story...isn't the knowledge divinely given? Laughat

[Image: moses.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post