The Expanse (Hard/Realistic Sci-fi show)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2015, 12:08 AM
The Expanse (Hard/Realistic Sci-fi show)
So... nice for depiction of 'Real' spacer stuff.

but another show with yet more dysfunctional people working scripted together and creating their own plot twists.

*Yawn*

We'll see how it goes... but, just for once? I would so love to see professional people working together in professional manner solving their situations.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2015, 01:58 AM
RE: The Expanse (Hard/Realistic Sci-fi show)
(26-11-2015 12:08 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  So... nice for depiction of 'Real' spacer stuff.

but another show with yet more dysfunctional people working scripted together and creating their own plot twists.

*Yawn*

We'll see how it goes... but, just for once? I would so love to see professional people working together in professional manner solving their situations.

..in other words, a boring documentary from the discovery channel

[Image: 004.sig]
26-11-2015, 03:09 AM
Hehe. Smile

No. It's not boring as such.

I suppose I'm just "Old and jaded". I'm over angst and dysfunction. nBSG annoyed the heck out of me. Star-gate Universe(? The one on the space ship) was simply too much drama.

I'm over the whole dark and brooding.

If the show is about people who work in a high tech/High risk environment... I would like to see them behaving professionally and responsibly. Not constantly bitching/whining/angsting/"What psychological disorder shall some one manifest this week/episode".
26-11-2015, 09:39 AM
Did you read the books? Mega-space opera. I thought the first episode to be a decent episode. Maybe what you want is Star Trek?

This is not your father's Oldsmobile. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Heh.

Haven't read the books yet. When I have the money will head to the book store for a look.

Admittedly I've only seen the fist episode. Also, quite possibly and like most times, the visual adaption might be quite different to the literary one.

Thumbsup
26-11-2015, 04:27 PM
I know what you mean about feeling jaded, though. Having read the first book, I almost got bored watching the episode, knowing what was going to happen. A good example of that not happening was with Game of Thrones, so now I don't know if the show was any good or if I'm just feeling blasé. But I really like the storyline, so there is hope.

Oh, another good example of show and book being good is The Man In the High Castle, on Amazon Prime. Wow, what an awesome series that is turning out to be!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post