The Extremely Questionable Ethics of Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2011, 10:19 AM
RE: The Extremely Questionable Ethics of Jesus
(18-07-2011 08:57 AM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  I forget the book and verse, but the description of being punished for your thoughts as if they were your actions is one that always got me. If you look upon a woman with lust, you've actually committed adultery. If you hate someone, you've actually committed murder. And according to Jewish law, should be killed for these thoughts.

And in further Christian doctrine, will be burned in Hell forever for them.

Jesus was the original Big Brother.

The blasphemy one always used to have me scared to the point of tears. The preacher would say that even thinking about doubting the existence of God is blasphemy and you are going to hell. Tell anyone on the face of the planet to NOT think about something and see if they can actually do it. Fuck the first thing I think of when someone does that is the thing they tell me not to think about. I was always afraid of that sermon because I would ALWAYS think about it!!!!!! Freaking BS man.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2011, 10:32 AM
obviously they do.. Most christians follow their pastors statement of the life of Jesus. Remember that pastors are more educated on how to read the bible than regular people so all the insights they see in it are very meaningful. >.>

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
19-07-2011, 05:20 AM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2011 05:26 AM by Mark Fulton.)
(18-07-2011 10:19 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(18-07-2011 08:57 AM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  I forget the book and verse, but the description of being punished for your thoughts as if they were your actions is one that always got me. If you look upon a woman with lust, you've actually committed adultery. If you hate someone, you've actually committed murder. And according to Jewish law, should be killed for these thoughts.

The blasphemy one always used to have me scared to the point of tears. The preacher would say that even thinking about doubting the existence of God is blasphemy and you are going to hell. Tell anyone on the face of the planet to NOT think about something and see if they can actually do it. Fuck the first thing I think of when someone does that is the thing they tell me not to think about. I was always afraid of that sermon because I would ALWAYS think about it!!!!!! Freaking BS man.

I know the one LOL!....

“…if a man looks at a woman lustfully, he has already committed adultery with her in his heart.” (Matthew 5:28 NJB).

To have sexual thoughts is a normal aspect of being human, as natural as hunger or the need to breathe. Sexual desires are not something we can control, and if we don’t have them there is a problem with our physiology. We can control acting on our desires, and to do so may have merit, but that is not what Jesus said. He claimed desire itself was sinful and implied we should be ashamed of our libidos.
For nearly 2000 years many Christian fanatics have felt guilt about what is natural and healthy. Some have denied themselves a sex life in the hope that would impress God and buy themselves a ticket to heaven. They have caused themselves much emotional pain and frustration. Some of these fanatics have ended up with neurotic illnesses. Many have sexually abused innocent victims. The words of Jesus must take some of the blame.

(18-07-2011 10:19 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  

Yeah....we can laugh about it. What about the little dudes who are still being scared by this evil shit!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-07-2011, 08:32 AM
That is the beauty of the way religion works, tell someone that they will be punished for thinking about a thing when telling them not to forces them to do so. Then you can guilt them for having the thoughts which needs forgiveness. This keeps the poor followers comng back much like the relationship between a dope dealer and a junkie. Religion is psychological addiction to guilt and forgiveness.

“There is no sin except stupidity.” Oscar Wilde
[+] 2 users Like nontheocrat's post
19-07-2011, 09:05 AM
(19-07-2011 08:32 AM)nontheocrat Wrote:  That is the beauty of the way religion works, tell someone that they will be punished for thinking about a thing when telling them not to forces them to do so. Then you can guilt them for having the thoughts which needs forgiveness. This keeps the poor followers comng back much like the relationship between a dope dealer and a junkie. Religion is psychological addiction to guilt and forgiveness.

It's tempting to shout "Amen!" to this. Smile

"Never underestimate how narrow-minded, petty and stupid people can be". Mark Fulton, forum member
20-07-2011, 05:10 AM
(19-07-2011 08:32 AM)nontheocrat Wrote:  That is the beauty of the way religion works, tell someone that they will be punished for thinking about a thing when telling them not to forces them to do so. Then you can guilt them for having the thoughts which needs forgiveness. This keeps the poor followers comng back much like the relationship between a dope dealer and a junkie. Religion is psychological addiction to guilt and forgiveness.

I just "liked" you for that great comment