The FB Faithful are at it again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2012, 06:32 PM
The FB Faithful are at it again
Just found this on my FB...aw geez!

Let's start a prayer avalanche: We all need prayers right now... If I don't see your name, I'll understand. May I ask my "FB Family" wherever you may be to kindly copy, paste and share this status for one hour to give a prayer of support to all those who have family problems, health, struggles ...and worries and just ...need... to know that someone cares. Do it for all of us for no-one is immune. I hope to see this on the walls of all my friends just for moral support. I know some will!! I did it for a friend and you can too. Share some faith and love to those in need. God works in mysterious ways! Better days to come in 2012.

This and the picture of Jesus knocking on a door with the caption...Hit shared if Jesus is always welcome in your house.

I would post it but I can't seem to post pics on here.

I just deleted some people from my FB, am thinking I didn't weed out well enough.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
10-03-2012, 07:12 PM
RE: The FB Faithful are at it again
I understand your frustration. My feed is flooded with this stuff daily. If I weeded out all of the people on my friends list who posted about god I would have about 3 friends.

I just had a ridiculous argument with a cousin (who I've seen me maybe 3 times since i was 5 years old) because I liked an article that was pro atheism and it offended him. It was great fun!
[+] 4 users Like JLMomma's post
10-03-2012, 07:19 PM
I liked the Catholic School Atheist link and that set things off in a BIG way. That and the profile pic he had that said 8 years of Catholic school and came out an Athiest...I added that I must be an over-achiever since I was only in Catholic school for 7...here came the prayers and candle lightings...oh lawd, I am going to hell.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
10-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Please ask for the analysis of the prayer-experiment and let us know the results.
How much more well-being is there for those that have been prayed for?
Please quantify in kilograms or metres or whatever is appropriate.

10-03-2012, 07:32 PM
I read that as they were praying for an avalanche... I'm a bit surprised that there isn't more pray for natural disasters to wipe out the heathen groups around.Rolleyes
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
10-03-2012, 07:44 PM
I have been seeing an abundance of these types of reposts lately. I'm not sure if I'm more bothered that people believe in them or that they are so lazy they can't make their own up.

About a month ago one was going around saying that if you share this post God would perform a miracle for you. I desperately want to reference this post and ask for an update from the "sharers" on what miracle they received.

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
[+] 1 user Likes free2011's post
11-03-2012, 03:02 AM
(10-03-2012 07:44 PM)free2011 Wrote:  I have been seeing an abundance of these types of reposts lately. I'm not sure if I'm more bothered that people believe in them or that they are so lazy they can't make their own up.

About a month ago one was going around saying that if you share this post God would perform a miracle for you. I desperately want to reference this post and ask for an update from the "sharers" on what miracle they received.

They'd have had some pitiful thing to attribute as a miracle. Or something entirely not due to God - "I narrowly avoided a car crash"... or they'd give you the old "nothing happened but God does things in his own sweet time"... Which... I mean, God's eternal right, so by the time he gets around to opening his mailbox you're probably gonna have died of old age...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-03-2012, 06:05 AM
(10-03-2012 07:44 PM)free2011 Wrote:  I have been seeing an abundance of these types of reposts lately. I'm not sure if I'm more bothered that people believe in them or that they are so lazy they can't make their own up.

My aunt posted something like that on her facebook wall about angels wanting to help and having to put it on your status for at least two hours in order to earn their miracle. It really reminded me of those chain letters girls used to write in JR high. "If you send this chain letter to 10 people your crush will like you, 20 he'll ask you out, 30 you'll get MARRIED!!!
[+] 2 users Like JLMomma's post
11-03-2012, 06:32 AM
(11-03-2012 06:05 AM)JLMomma Wrote:  

My aunt posted something like that on her facebook wall about angels wanting to help and having to put it on your status for at least two hours in order to earn their miracle. It really reminded me of those chain letters girls used to write in JR high. "If you send this chain letter to 10 people your crush will like you, 20 he'll ask you out, 30 you'll get MARRIED!!!

That's exactly what it's like, those chain letters. You know, you can go to their profile and click on the subscribe button. You'll get a drop down where you can choose what updates you want on your wall, if any. So you can put a stop to it without unfriending them.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-03-2012, 07:07 AM
I rarely get a religious one, but I Absolutly hate the Facebook statuses like that one, were they try to blackmail you into reposting it "share this status only one 1% will, i know that 99% of you wont. If you don't then you must be a horrible person that enjoys stomping puppy's to death".

It's always the same handful of idiots that spread it.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post