The FB Faithful are at it again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2012, 02:25 PM
RE: The FB Faithful are at it again
I count myself as lucky, that no one I know; states their religious leanings..

Well a part from citing Rangers, Celtic or "gettin off ma tits" as a religion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2012, 05:19 PM
(11-03-2012 06:32 AM)Dom Wrote:  You know, you can go to their profile and click on the subscribe button. You'll get a drop down where you can choose what updates you want on your wall, if any. So you can put a stop to it without unfriending them.

Also, hovering over people's names in the news feed these days will pop a little card where you can get to subscriptions. (Now it just says friends and has options for removing from the news feed.) I have been in the process of culling most people's comments and likes, limiting to only important status updates, and sticking them in the "Acquaintance" group. Then I set my post visibility to "Friends except Acquaintances". So far so good, it's just an annoying amount of work if you don't keep your friend list trim. Undecided
[+] 2 users Like rook2004's post
24-03-2012, 12:09 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2012 12:44 PM by Anjele.)
(10-03-2012 07:22 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Please ask for the analysis of the prayer-experiment and let us know the results.
How much more well-being is there for those that have been prayed for?
Please quantify in kilograms or metres or whatever is appropriate.
Not exactly scientific data here but:
Someone posted a request for prayers for her father who was very ill again and in the hospital. There was post after post from the faithful saying they were praying.

After about 100 of these posts the results showed up when the requester posted...Thank you for the prayers, my daddy died today.
I am thinking that wasn't a successful call to prayer. Or I misunderstood what they were praying for.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
24-03-2012, 12:22 PM
(24-03-2012 12:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-03-2012 07:22 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Please ask for the analysis of the prayer-experiment and let us know the results.
How much more well-being is there for those that have been prayed for?
Please quantify in kilograms or metres or whatever is appropriate.
Not exactly scientific data here but:
Someone posted a request for prayers for her father who was very ill again and in the hospital. There was post after post from the faithful saying they were praying.

After about 100 of these posts the results showed up when the requester posted...Thank you for the prayers, my daddy died today.
I am thinking that wasn't a successful call to prayer. Of I misunderstood what they were praying for.
Well, Angie, if you were of the Elect, you would know that sometimes we have to pray that God will kill our families and loved ones so they won't have to suffer here anymore.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
24-03-2012, 12:25 PM
The friends who are faithful on my Facebook seem to respect me too much to start crap, and I think I might slightly abuse this respect and try to tempt them occasionally. My friends who will argue with me though are other atheists almost 100% of the time. I have one who keeps trying to drop little comments, but he doesn't really try to argue because I think he knows I can destroy him. I feel like I kind of intimidate my religious friends >.<
24-03-2012, 12:27 PM
[quote='Erxomai' pid='95435' dateline='1332613324']]Well, Angie, if you were of the Elect, you would know that sometimes we have to pray that God will kill our families and loved ones so they won't have to suffer here anymore.[/b]
Damn it man, I am always out of the loop.

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
24-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Trust me, as someone who used to be well ensconced being in the loop, it's so much nicer to be out of the loop now!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
24-03-2012, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2012 10:11 AM by ghostexorcist.)
(10-03-2012 06:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  This and the picture of Jesus knocking on a door with the caption...Hit shared if Jesus is always welcome in your house.
I imagine the aftermath of Jesus knocking on your door would go a little something like this...

http://www.gifbin.com/982715
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Good grief...in the last few days I have someone posting PHOTOS...yes photos of Jesus.

Frusty

Funny thing, he looks different in each one. A master of disguise? Consider

23-04-2012, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2012 07:09 PM by IGotCoolSocks.)
i just got...

"like" if you believe in God... ugh smh
[Image: a.jpg]

they forgot to photoshop the guys ass crack out...

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours"
Richard Dawkins

"Do not pray in my school, and I will not think in your church."