Poll: Will You Celebrate the next New Year's Day on New Year's Day?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
The FIRST TRUE NEW YEAR'S DAY CELEBRATION to be NATIONALLY TELEVISED!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2010, 04:37 AM

The FIRST TRUE NEW YEAR'S DAY CELEBRATION to be NATIONALLY TELEVISED!
… The best way for Atheists and Free Thinkers to advertise their rejection of the absurd beliefs and practices of moronic cults is to invite several thousand family and friends to a large New Year’s Eve party at a group of pubs on the next New Year’s Eve, Capricorn 1, 2011 (December 22, 2010), and advertise the event to local newspapers and TV news media who are hungry for good news stories like this.
… This would be even more newsworthy if thousands of atheist and student groups announced similar plans to hold similar parties across the United States and Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and South America.
… Are any atheists here bold and brave enough to organize the world’s first True New Year’s Eve celebration in their community?
… If successful, the next Pasadena Rose Parade might occur ten days earlier.

…............. Civilized Man ................
... Mid Autumn, Scorpio 4, 2010 ...
(That's October 26 on your retarded Papal calendar)
Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2010, 05:33 AM
RE: The FIRST TRUE NEW YEAR'S DAY CELEBRATION to be NATIONALLY TELEVISED!
In all honesty though every day is new years day because a year is defined by 1 orbit of the sun.

If we celebrated new year on the 5th of june every year it would also be correct.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Because I'm actually really interested in your response (and god-damned curious/confused) please define for me what you mean by "atheist" in your "God's One True Human Language".

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-10-2010, 05:30 PM

I don't see my atheism, or perhaps athnosticism, after reading Ghost's fine post in another thread, as something that needs to "route out" or oppose, or revolt against a new years celebration.
It's a new year. If I lived to see it turn, I'm happy and it should be celebrated. So I do, because I choose to celebrate my living through 2010, as my dreams, aspirations and will look forward to all of 2011.

Radical atheism, is strange to me. It's like the antithesis of radical Theism,and that seems to make us "like them" but different. That's just odd.

The History of New Years Celebration
27-10-2010, 01:57 AM

(26-10-2010 03:18 PM)LeviTimes Wrote:  Because I'm actually really interested in your response (and god-damned curious/confused) please define for me what you mean by "atheist" in your "God's One True Human Language".

... Are you working to create an Advanced World Civilization?
... If you are, please list the evil social practices that you are working to replace with good social systems, and list the evil social practices that you support.

... What calendar do you use, and why?
... Does it begin with New Year's Day? Or some days latter?
... Is it aligned with the four seasons?
... Does it accurately track the Sun's path along its inclined zodiac?

............. Civilized Man ...............
27-10-2010, 02:51 AM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2010 02:56 AM by ebilekittae.)
(27-10-2010 01:57 AM)Civilized Man Wrote:  
(26-10-2010 03:18 PM)LeviTimes Wrote:  Because I'm actually really interested in your response (and god-damned curious/confused) please define for me what you mean by "atheist" in your "God's One True Human Language".

... Are you working to create an Advanced World Civilization?
... If you are, please list the evil social practices that you are working to replace with good social systems, and list the evil social practices that you support.

... What calendar do you use, and why?
... Does it begin with New Year's Day? Or some days latter?
... Is it aligned with the four seasons?
... Does it accurately track the Sun's path along its inclined zodiac?

............. Civilized Man ...............

I'm striving towards a better tomorrow, sure. I think that could be said for most everybody.
I'm not so sure what you mean by good and evil social practices. To give a comprehensive list of everything that I support and reject would be far too long of a list, is there something specific you're looking for?

I use the solar calendar.
It begins on New Year's Day, but I think that can be said for all calendars. Tongue January 1st on the one I use most frequently (I sometimes use the Chinese Lunar Calendar in my culture classes)
It is not aligned with the four seasons. :O
And I honestly don't even know what the last question means. Tongue Probably not.

So, your definition of an atheist is someone who answers all of these questions "correctly"? If so, then I believe I can safely say that you're the only one here, and perhaps you posting the duties of these "atheists" won't help further your cause. Please correct me if I'm wrong in my assumption about your definition, your answer wasn't as clear as I was hoping. Smile

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-10-2010, 08:49 AM
Levi, CM has already demonstrated in several threads that he does not understand what "atheist" means, and he is not going to explain what it is, exactly, that he wants. There's really no point in trying to continue the discussion. He's here to rant, not to talk.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user