Poll: Will you work to replace all evil social practices with Good social systems
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
The FIVE DUTIES of ATHEISTS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2010, 02:52 PM
RE: The FIVE DUTIES of ATHEISTS
(15-10-2010 02:49 PM)BnW Wrote:  Please don't ban this guy. Pretty please! With sugar on top!

Wasn't planning on it. Besides the fact that Stark Raving and I have resolved to keep moderating to an absolute minimum, the forum doesn't really have any rules (besides "don't spam" and "don't be David Mabus") that he could be banned for violating.

Quote:Now, if you'll all excuse me, I've converted a 747 into a beach house and I'm off for the weekend!

Have fun!

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Quote:Insults get you nowhere, Civilized Man. No one here has insulted you, and I would ask you to extend the same decency.

Welll ........ you, uh, may want to go back and read the "happy meal" comment. That's ok, though. He can focus insults on me. I'm a man, I can take it. Actually, I'm Spiderman.

Or I will be.

some day.

sigh

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
15-10-2010, 02:55 PM
(15-10-2010 02:49 PM)BnW Wrote:  Please don't ban this guy. Pretty please! With sugar on top! This has the potential to be the most fun I've had since .... well, I'm not sure since when but it still has "potential fun" written all over it!

Now, if you'll all excuse me, I've converted a 747 into a beach house and I'm off for the weekend!

Are you kidding?? I'd sooner ban you! This guy is potentially the most entertainment we've had since Martin! Wait til Unbeliever gets hold of this post......

So many cats, so few good recipes.
15-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Spoke too soon. I figured Unbeliever would tear that post to pieces. Glad to have you back buddy!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
15-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Pffff. Like shooting fish in a fishbowl. A small fishbowl that is over flowing with big fish, at that. Where's the sport in that? No where, that's where.

Trying to have a logical discourse here is going to be the intellectual equivalent of trying to convince the fish in the "Cat and the Hat" that cats can't actually talk. You're already starting at a point of insanity and it's only going to get worse from there.

15-10-2010, 03:44 PM
I think civilized man may be a lawyer. Have you ever tried to read several pages of fine print?
15-10-2010, 04:25 PM
whoa, whoa, whoa!!!!!

Let's not start picking on the lawyers now. Lawyers are our friends and a great service to humanity.

15-10-2010, 04:41 PM

(15-10-2010 02:41 PM)BnW Wrote:  you may want to grab a dictionary and look up the word "atheist". You may be in for quite a shock. Or, to quote Inigo Montoya: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

... Why consult a royal Dictionary for word meanings when they honestly admit they contain only Diction, not Definitions?
... As any child can tell you, dictionaries are good only for word Spellings!
... As clearly stated above, English is a phony undefined street vernacular and thus one of the "False Languages" that need to be replaced by God's True Defined Language.
... Only a fool quotes other fools.

.............. Civilized Man ..............
... Early Autumn, Libra 23, 2010 ...
(That's October 15 on your retarded Papist calendar)
Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2010, 04:43 PM
I was referring to the difficulty that most laymen have when trying to read legal documents. They are written to the understanding of lawyers in a similar way to technical manuals that are written for people of a certain trade. This makes it very tough for laymen to understand. On top of that I didn't mean to pick on anyone, I meant it as a joke. My sense of humor can be a little too dry at times. My apologies if that is the case here.
15-10-2010, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2010 04:56 PM by BnW.)
Quote:... Only a fool quotes other fools.

Or argues with them. I guess that makes one of us a fool. The task here is to figure out which one. (ok, it's a trick question as in my definition we would both be fools. The key difference here is one of us seems to be a raving lunatic. Ahhhhh, but which of us? Now the game begins....).

No.J. - no offense taken. Lighten up, my friend. I was making a joke on your joke. And, don't feel bad. My sense of humor can be so dry water evaporates upon contact with it.